Community
Wiki Posts
Search

35 points/$ eBags AAdvantage Mall

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Mine have posted as well, 405k miles!
wow, what all did you buy, to get 405k miles?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by troyhouse
wow, what all did you buy, to get 405k miles?
Half was designer handbags (almost all kate spade), half was sunglasses (got 50 direct shipped). All stuff I chose that was priced at or less than amazon, so I should lose about 15% on amazon commission. I'm hoping they post to AA.com soon so I can get this stuff listed in time for Black Friday.

15% loss - 0.42 cent/mile
20% loss - 0.56 cpm
25% loss - 0.70 cpm
50% loss - 1.39 cpm

Last edited by rufflesinc; Oct 25, 2013 at 8:29 am
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With Amazon fulfillment, you aren't worried about the inevitable returns?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
For a while, I had a "private mint" going on by purchasing items at discount via UR mall and re-selling stuff on Amazon for 1-2% profit. Loophole is now closed, FWIW. But as far as Amazon goes, I simply didn't accept returns and that's completely allowed by Amazon if you disclose it. If anyone had an issue (and 9/10 were obvious BS) I simply said "please address all warranty issues directly with the manufacturer).
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
If they haven't been used, I can send them back to amazon for resale right? I also need bags to give during x-mas and as gifts on my CX in F trip
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
10/13 - 33k miles have not posted yet. After seeing some orders from 10/14 post... I'm getting a bit worried.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nakataboi
10/13 - 33k miles have not posted yet. After seeing some orders from 10/14 post... I'm getting a bit worried.
Log into your AAdvantage eShopping account and send them an inquiry. Need to provide retailer, order number, date of order, and amount. I'm having to do that for one order.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:30 am

off topic question, but how is selling with amazon compared to ebay.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
Log into your AAdvantage eShopping account and send them an inquiry. Need to provide retailer, order number, date of order, and amount. I'm having to do that for one order.
I did that a few days ago actually. They told me to wait 30 days but I'll just ping them again to see what's going on..
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:54 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Half was designer handbags (almost all kate spade), half was sunglasses (got 50 direct shipped). All stuff I chose that was priced at or less than amazon, so I should lose about 15% on amazon commission. I'm hoping they post to AA.com soon so I can get this stuff listed in time for Black Friday.

15% loss - 0.42 cent/mile
20% loss - 0.56 cpm
25% loss - 0.70 cpm
50% loss - 1.39 cpm
Unless you're already approved in the Clothing and Accessories category on Amazon, the ability to list these is restricted. (Same is true for many luggage categories.) Amazon has strict requirements about photo quality and other things to approve you. Am in the process right now in getting approved for my eBags purchases and it is non-trivial issue.

I mention this for others; am assuming that the OP is already approved to sell these on Amazon before putting this kind of cash on the line.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akp
Unless you're already approved in the Clothing and Accessories category on Amazon, the ability to list these is restricted. (Same is true for many luggage categories.) Amazon has strict requirements about photo quality and other things to approve you. Am in the process right now in getting approved for my eBags purchases and it is non-trivial issue.

I mention this for others; am assuming that the OP is already approved to sell these on Amazon before putting this kind of cash on the line.
Yes I did that when ebags put me on hold. It was pretty painless, I just used amazon or manufacturer's photos
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:01 am
akp

Yes I did that when ebags put me on hold. It was pretty painless, I just used amazon or manufacturer's photos
Haha, thanks! It makes perfect sense give that those are the photos you'll be listed under anyway.

Anita
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:30 pm

my 90,000 miles just posted and I have $150+ in ebags shopping dollar/points
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:08 pm
akp

35 points/$ eBags AAdvantage Mall

Check your email inbox. Yesterday I got a $10 off $100 coupon from ebags. It was one day only, bummed I didn't spend my $60 in ebags cash yesterday
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My ebags rewards are still pending?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.