Search

Is the MyPoints/Talk City party over?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 1999, 8:47 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Is the MyPoints/Talk City party over?

Today when I went to answer the Talk City poll questions everything loaded quick as usual except when I clicked on the icon to get MyPoints. It took about 2 minutes to respond to the points for each question. I'm wondering if they're deliberately making it take a long time to get the points to discourage all of us from answering all the questions each day.

I'm interested in seeing if everyone is having the same problem.

[This message has been edited by letiole (edited 09-22-1999).]
Old Sep 22, 1999, 8:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I tried last night and got Oracle Database Server errors. Looks like they have some problems.
Old Sep 22, 1999, 10:05 am

I was able to get the Mypoints on the Talk City Site but it was very slow.
I just figured it was my computer. If it doesn't get better in the next few days, then you maybe they are trying to keep you on longer. I hope they fix whatever is causing the delay.
Old Sep 22, 1999, 10:16 am

Mine was very slow last night & won't go through at all today. It says "request failed" when I click on mypoints.

------------------
MilesNut
Old Sep 22, 1999, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Gold
I was able to get the points yesterday. It was not easy, but after many tries I finally got them. I think that www.mypoints is having some technical problems, because I could not use their site last night. I hope this is a tempory problem.
Old Sep 22, 1999, 11:17 am

I've been getting the similar range of issues as cited above - slow response, Oracle errors, etc. My guess is that this is a server problem @ mypoints and/or talkcity. I'd seen these problems in isolated form previously, but never for two continous days. (Funny, how in internet time 2 days is an ETERNITY.) In all likelihood, the sites are getting swamped with hits and having trouble catching up.
Old Sep 22, 1999, 11:23 am
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
Yep...this is a huge promotion and I'll bet their servers are having difficulty handling all the traffic. It will be interesting to see how long this promotion lasts...

-Scott
Old Sep 22, 1999, 12:01 pm

I tried several for each and every poll and finally got all points from talkcity yesterday, but it took a long long time. Today, it's even worse as I got request faliure messages all the time. Gotta try it again tonight.
Old Sep 22, 1999, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
Same here. Very slow or error messages. I have found I need to do other things like making phone calls in order not to get too frustrated.
Old Sep 22, 1999, 12:20 pm

Call me impatient, but at anything over 10-15 minutes per day, these points are just not worth the frustration and aggrevation. If I could at least know that it's only being slow, I could still multitask and collect the points while doing other things at work. But with persistent error messages, it just ain't worth the hassle. You guys'll let me know I'm sure if the response/success rate picks up again.
Old Sep 22, 1999, 1:39 pm

I don't think that it is you computer or Internet connection. When I clicked on the Yes button in an email I got from My Points, it took a while too, and it didn't even work today - an Oracle server error.

Here's an idea: Maybe we should stop talking about the Talk City thing so that they don't stop it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.