Earn 300-600 UA miles for taking a survey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by sprials
took over 5 mini-surveys and couldn't even be eligible for one...
Same here, at the beginning. Now I am qualifying about 2/3rds of the time. One thing I can say is that the mini-surveys seem to just be screeners, so pay attention. They often seem to ask the same question several times with slightly different wording, to see if you are giving correct info I guess
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by gil123
Same here, at the beginning. Now I am qualifying about 2/3rds of the time. One thing I can say is that the mini-surveys seem to just be screeners, so pay attention. They often seem to ask the same question several times with slightly different wording, to see if you are giving correct info I guess
I've been lying the whole time (i don't read the questions, i just click away) but I still get approved for about 50% of the surveys so far. I'll report what happens to me down the road...
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Is there no limit to how many miles you can get doing these surveys? I don't see it mentioned in the T&Cs. I am spending 30 minutes or less per day and getting at least 100 miles daily. I should be able to average 3000 free miles per month for very little effort. Seems too good to be true.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I think it's four surveys a day. I repeatedly get 'no more surveys available' after I finish the fourth one no matter how many time I come back later on that day. And it appears to reset at midnight Eastern time zone.

I'm also hoping it stays that way for long enough to do some significant accumulation. And yeah, ay four per day, it's definitely better than e-rewards or Harris, even if SSI's survey router is known to be a little flaky at times.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I think it's four surveys a day. I repeatedly get 'no more surveys available' after I finish the fourth one no matter how many time I come back later on that day. And it appears to reset at midnight Eastern time zone.

I'm also hoping it stays that way for long enough to do some significant accumulation. And yeah, ay four per day, it's definitely better than e-rewards or Harris, even if SSI's survey router is known to be a little flaky at times.
good to know, thanks. Yeah, i accumulated 500 miles every 5 months with e-miles and apparently e-rewards doesn't work. OMC has been great compared to everything else...
Old Jul 20, 2013, 5:17 pm
brg

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Did one of my kids first, the first one took 8 minutes start (including the sign up, checking email etc) and I pretty much put the middle answer in all except for the household questions where I put none, don't have any etc.. it was quick and painless

lets see if the miles post, I need to get some activity by 9/30 to extend the account life in two accounts. hopefully this works.
Thanks for the idea.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I love this, like others said, so much more lucrative in terms of miles compared to Mypoints...

However has anybody experienced this? my first 650 miles always posted instantly (or max 1 day)- now for the last two days my counter on the side has not increased the 250 miles it should have (I've completed 5 50 mile surveys in the last two days) and on my account summary the 50 mile surveys have "processing" in red next to them.

Weird. Guess I have to wait and see
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:03 pm

My initial 300 miles took a little time to post, then it was instant for about a week. Yesterday, it took a couple hours for them to post, though they eventually did. And today's 'processing' surveys are now taking their sweet time to post as well.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by beachmouse
My initial 300 miles took a little time to post, then it was instant for about a week. Yesterday, it took a couple hours for them to post, though they eventually did. And today's 'processing' surveys are now taking their sweet time to post as well.
Maybe they're working out some kinks. My most recent surveys just posted after 24 hours.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jonmch
Is this being run by the same company as Opinion Outpost?
Yes, both are run by Survey Sampling International. They run dozens (hundred?) of different sites under multiple different brands - some look similar, some look completely different.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Maybe they're working out some kinks. My most recent surveys just posted after 24 hours.
My activity will show up in my UA account "Activity Date Description Mileage Earned 07/16/2013 Opinion Miles Club Survey Award Miles 70" within 5 minutes. my actual Mileage Balance will update to the correct # within 24 hours.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
OK, cards on the table, I still won't do these, despite the good fortune some are reporting here. But PaulMSN, did you try clearing your cache or, say, changing from IE to Chrome, or both?
That worked. The surveys are a little too long, though.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Red face

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
That worked. The surveys are a little too long, though.
Good.

Separately, if I'm not mistaken, 60 is 1/416.67th (.0024) of 25,000.

But all of my criticism notwithstanding, which I still hold to, if they were to open a path to AAdvantage and Dividend Miles, I would do one for each account to keep them alive. Which would avoid spending money on a couple of tacos with cards linked to AAdvantage Dining and Dividend Miles Dining.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:56 pm

I could not get this to work! Is this available outside US?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:31 am

Not available outside US IP addies right now.

There is a badge for completing 100 surveys in a month, noting the possibilities in the program. So if you're a persistent and unemployed sort like I am, the idea of picking up 5K miles a month with no spend is pretty nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.