Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Healthy Choice Late Bloomer

Old Aug 20, 99, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Hi All:

I never hopped on the Healthy Choice bandwagon and now I'm kicking myself. So since the promo goes till the end of the year, I figure it's not too late, right?

So what do I need -- any forms? And is it ten upcs w/ register receipt = 500 miles? What the heck, the stuff freezes.

Thanks y'all

[This message has been edited by travelmore (edited 08-20-1999).]
Old Aug 20, 99, 11:44 am
Original Member

Don't worry travelmore,

Here is all the info you will need plus my tips.
http://healthychoice.com/frequentFly...quentFlyer.cfx

Go to this URL to print out your rebate forms. Then, find coupons for Healthy Choice in your local paper. Then, find grocery stores that double those coupons. Next, only buy HC when it is on sale. You should end up paying only $1.00 per item when all is said and done. Good luck.
Old Aug 20, 99, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, diver

Now what about all those Healthy Choice items I have in my kitchen for which I've long since thrown the register receipts away -- am I out of luck?
Old Aug 20, 99, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA
Don't forget to use AmEx at grocery stores that accepts AmEx! It's running double miles promotion. You can find a thread on this topic under AmEx.

travelmore, it may depends on. When I mailed in mine, I realized that I didn't have all receipts for UPC bar codes, but I gotten all certificates. BTW I mailed in 30 UPC codes so you might have a chance if you mail in a bunch of them at once...

------------------
Dan
Old Aug 24, 99, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Hi all! Is there a separate thread for "Healthy Choice" discussion? With the search engine not working, it's hard to be sure. Anyway, I've been sending them regular shipments of UPS symbols and receipts for 1.5 months now, and so far haven't received any certificates. Does any one know how long it takes to get them?

On a related note, I recently discovered something interesting at my local supermarket. It's called "Healthy Choice Double Chocolate Fudge Pudding," and it's on sale for 25 cents a cup. (regular price is listed as 39 cents) The plastic pudding cups are sold individually, and each has a UPS symbol on it. So my question is - what exactly is stopping me from buying 500 of these suckers, and receiving a round-trip ticket to anywhere in the US for only $125? (Plus a lifetime supply of Double Chocolate Fudge pudding, of course ) I read all the fine print carefully for this promotion, and it doesn't say anything about there being a minimum price.
Old Aug 26, 99, 5:00 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Darien-l,

This question came up earlier whether HC microwave popcorn sold in boxes of 3 could be separated and mailed in as 3 UPCs. As I recall, the ruling was as long as the single item does not say "Not labeled for individual sale," and you have the gazillion register tapes to back them up, it's a valid UPC for the promotion. I say, Go For It!

Here's the granddaddy thread started by Counsellor: http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001021.html and a followup thread on receiving certificates started by countryboy: http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001363.html
Old Aug 26, 99, 5:46 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: United MileagePlus, Carbon Conscious Travel, FlyerTalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM/Plat; AS MVP 75K; AA gold; Fairmont & Starwood platinum; Hyatt diamond; Kimpton IC Elite
Darien-I,

I don't live too far from you so I'm wondering what supermarket you found that carries the puddings. I haven't found them at the markets where I usually shop.

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 99, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT
TribeFlyer:

The packaging doesn't say "For individual sale" anywhere on it. I scanned the top of the pudding cup, you can look for yourself at http://members.tripod.com/~darien-l
Naturally, it's already missing the UPC symbol

letiole:

My favorite supermarket to shop for Helathy Choice stuff is "Food Rainbow Grocery Outlet" It's at 187 Harder Rd. in Hayward. They have a bunch of HC stuff (soups, meals, "hot pockets," and puddings) on sale. Some of the stuff costs less that $1. The selection is not huge, but you can't beat the prices. (Esp. the 25 cent pudding cups )

[This message has been edited by Darien-l (edited 08-27-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Darien-l (edited 08-27-1999).]
Old Aug 27, 99, 9:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: United MileagePlus, Carbon Conscious Travel, FlyerTalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM/Plat; AS MVP 75K; AA gold; Fairmont & Starwood platinum; Hyatt diamond; Kimpton IC Elite
Darien-1:

Thanks. I'll take a ride over there soon.

Old Aug 27, 99, 1:06 pm

Speaking of really inexpensive UPCs, I am currently travelling, and right now am visiting relatives. The other day we went to the local grocery (Hy-Vee) and found HC Beef Franks, regularly $2.89, on sale for 99 cents. (No, they hadn't "expired", don't know what the reason for the sale. Maybe a loss-leader.)

Anyway, I had a handful of 75 cent coupons good on HC franks that I had taken off of the lunch meat boxes I purchased months ago, so he was able to get 10 UPCs (500 miles) for $2.40. Some deal.

I even helped eat a few of the franks. Lots of mustard does the trick.
Old Aug 28, 99, 10:08 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Too bad that Healthy Choice doesn't have better tasting food. It's really aweful tasting and I'm not alone on this one. Trust me!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: