Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page > 500 free Hilton points on Facebook [two offers?]

500 free Hilton points on Facebook [two offers?]

Reply

Old Oct 3, 12, 7:53 pm
  #16
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas
Programs: HHonors, AA, Hyatt, SPG, MP, Southwest, Wyndham, Priority Club
Posts: 655
500 free Hilton points on Facebook [two offers?]

Did not work for me or husband. Probably because we have liked Hilton before on our FB pages!
sargenet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 12, 7:58 pm
  #17
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: BZN
Programs: AA:Lifetime Plat DL:Lifetime Silver UA:1P MAR:Lifetime Plat
Posts: 8,206
Originally Posted by sargenet View Post
Did not work for me or husband. Probably because we have liked Hilton before on our FB pages!
If this was indeed the cause, to prevent it in the future, unlike/unsubscribe after points post for similar promotions. They won't be retracted.

Do you say this one didn't work for you because you received a message saying you don't qualify, or because you don't see the points listed in your account activity. For anyone who may have missed it, points appear to post instantly - your account balance will jump by 500 points - but will not show itemized in your account activity.
mooper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 12, 8:27 pm
  #18
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas
Programs: HHonors, AA, Hyatt, SPG, MP, Southwest, Wyndham, Priority Club
Posts: 655
Originally Posted by sargenet View Post
Did not work for me or husband. Probably because we have liked Hilton before on our FB pages!
Or it might be because I just realized topguest had suspended both our accounts! I did not receive an email to tell me this but when I went to log in it said I was suspended!
sargenet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 12, 9:08 pm
  #19
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mountains of western NC
Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Posts: 6,958
I have liked Hilton before.
Today I received 500 points instantly from the doubletree/topguest promo. I am not a topguest member.
I received nothing (yet?) from the Hampton promo.
onthego15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 12, 10:50 pm
  #20
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Posts: 1,786
I am a TG member and just did it for my wife and I. Both posted instantly
skibum7732 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 12, 11:35 pm
  #21
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 228
Originally Posted by AAL View Post
I am a TopGuest member.

Like another poster mentioned, the points posted to my HHonors account instantly, because my total points increased by 500, but the transaction is not listed under "all points activity" on my account.

I don't believe that the points from the Hampton "watch, share and earn" promo have posted to my account although I watched the video several days ago. On the other hand, perhaps I just did not notice that my account balance increased.
The hampton points also did not post for me. So you are not alone.
windcloud5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 12, 11:53 pm
  #22
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States
Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,727
Originally Posted by windcloud5 View Post
The hampton points also did not post for me. So you are not alone.
Same here. Nothing from Hampton. Not a topquest member.

From Doubletree nothing instant, but here is the message:

"Stay tuned. You’ll soon receive unique packages and services as well as other social ways to earn bonus points!

500 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points will be credited to your account in 6-8 weeks."

Last edited by mnscout; Oct 3, 12 at 11:57 pm Reason: Addition
mnscout is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 12:00 am
  #23
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Posts: 264
Originally Posted by sargenet View Post
Or it might be because I just realized topguest had suspended both our accounts! I did not receive an email to tell me this but when I went to log in it said I was suspended!
Same here. Just tried to log into my TG account, only to find out I'd been suspended. No prior email warning.
HmmDonuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 12:03 am
  #24
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: BZN
Programs: AA:Lifetime Plat DL:Lifetime Silver UA:1P MAR:Lifetime Plat
Posts: 8,206
Be sure to distinguish between the two promos. The one in the OP (Hampton) has been around for a while and you might have read about/tried it before. The Doubletree one I noted in post #3 appears to be new and behaves differently.

Both promos require app authentication, so you should have received at least a pop-up dialogue. If you didn't, it could be that your browser blocked it, and therefore you never saw the authentication request.

Anyone who gets a rejection message should check their TopGuest account (if you might have one) to see if it is still active.
mooper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 7:37 am
  #25
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: BOS
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by mooper View Post
Be sure to distinguish between the two promos. The one in the OP (Hampton) has been around for a while and you might have read about/tried it before. The Doubletree one I noted in post #3 appears to be new and behaves differently.

Both promos require app authentication, so you should have received at least a pop-up dialogue. If you didn't, it could be that your browser blocked it, and therefore you never saw the authentication request.

Anyone who gets a rejection message should check their TopGuest account (if you might have one) to see if it is still active.
data point - the similar HH promo (watching the video) that I entered on 9/17 didn't post the 500 to my account until 10/3. this was a diff video so I tried it again - will see if I can "churn" this promo

tried the topguest one and it was accepted but the points didn't post instantly, will wait and see on that.
sharona211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 10:35 am
  #26
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 229
Another data point, same as poster above. My Hampton points posted yesterday (10/3).

These points did not post instantly... unless it increased my balance by 500 & I didn't notice (didn't look at prior balance). Nothing shows in activity though.

Thanks for the link!
emeraldtx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 10:57 am
  #27
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 186
Originally Posted by emeraldtx View Post
Another data point, same as poster above. My Hampton points posted yesterday (10/3).

These points did not post instantly... unless it increased my balance by 500 & I didn't notice (didn't look at prior balance). Nothing shows in activity though.

Thanks for the link!
Ditto
aresay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 11:15 am
  #28
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SFO
Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, Hyatt Plat, UA Gold
Posts: 218
No longer a Topguest member and got the error message saying not eligible.

My Hampton points posted yesterday and I just watched another Hampton video. Hopefully those will post as well.
Upgrademe731 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 11:24 am
  #29
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Santa Cruz, CA USA
Programs: UA, HH, SPG
Posts: 7,280
500 points? If I could do this promo 100 times, it would get me a free night at my favorite Doubletree. Sorry, I don't mean to be sarcastic but that hardly seems worth the effort.
JerryFF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 11:31 am
  #30
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Same. Not a topquest member.

-WT

Originally Posted by HmmDonuts View Post
Just tried it and for some reason, it's giving me this error message:
WaterTree is offline  
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:54 pm.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by Flyertalk.com. Copyright 2017 FlyerTalk.com. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.