TD Waterhouse Offers AA Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 1999, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
TD Waterhouse Offers AA Miles

From the FrequentFlier Crier

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>
Another Discount Broker Climbs on the Mileage Bandwagon >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>

Discount brokerage TD Waterhouse has announced what it calls the industry's most comprehensive customer reward program in conjunction with American Airlines.

The new program, launching in the United States on August 2nd, rewards current and new TD Waterhouse customers with AAdvantage frequent flyer miles for depositing additional assets with the firm, maintaining certain minimum balances, and adding to money market positions.

New customers receive a one-time bonus of 10,000 miles when they deposit $10,000 in cash or securities into their account. Existing customers also receive a one-time bonus of 10,000 miles when they bring at least $10,000 in new cash or securities to the firm. Customers can earn an addition 1,000 miles per year if they maintain a balance of at least $25,000 each quarter.
Customers who deposit cash from their brokerage account into the American AAdvantage Money Market Mileage Fund will earn one frequent flyer mile for every $10.

In the United States, TD Waterhouse operates the country's third-largest discount brokerage firm. Abroad, TD Waterhouse operates discount brokerage units in Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, and the United Kingdom. The firm also has plans to expand into Japan.

------------------
Dan
Old Jul 30, 1999, 11:54 am

That is very interesting. I am a Waterhouse's customer and I haven't see anything in either their mailing or web site. When do Waterhouse planning to inform us? Also, for their current customer, do we withdraw and redeposit securities to get the 10,000 miles bonus?
Old Jul 30, 1999, 12:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
It was just released from AA yesterday. Full details are on at www.amrcorp.com under corporate info and news releases.
Old Jul 30, 1999, 3:30 pm

Dilbert...this looks great!.....a quick 10,000 miles for me and another for my wife! It will be interesting to see what the details are.....how long the 10,000 has to stay on deposit to get the bonus.....what the money market rate is...etc, but at first glance it looks like the tip of the month!
Old Jul 30, 1999, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

No further details yet but I'm sure it will be coming shortly.

I am also interested in the detail since I had Waterhouse Securities account since early 90's. I was also wondering the same thing about withdrawing and re-depositing...

BTW so far I have been satified with its service. Waterhouse offers 4 types of money markets funds; "regular", federal govt, municipal, and AAdvangtage. The rates are good but not top rates. With AAdvantage, you get additional AA FF miles each month based on balance.

So far, AA/Waterhouse combo looks better than any other programs since it also rewards keeping the account; UA/E*Trade only gives miles when you open.

This is very interesting development since DL/Charles Schwabb bonus is no longer available (if I recall correctly). I wonder whether others will match or top this deal since it raises the bonus standard in this catergory? What about AA/Bull&Bear deal? Waterhouse's deal looks like a blockbuster compare to Bull&Bear.

------------------
Dan
Old Jul 30, 1999, 6:39 pm
Original Member

mkpkmp, I have a Waterhouse account too, and did get something about this from them a few weeks ago (maybe with my statement? - can't really remember).

dilbert seems to have all the salient facts in his post.

Old Jul 30, 1999, 7:05 pm

Baobab, I must admit that I usually throw away all flyers that come with my statement. Just to show that all I need is to visit FlyerTalk to get all news regarding FF programs.
Old Aug 1, 1999, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

TD Waterhouse now has info on its website but no further info that what's disclosed so far.
http://www.waterhouse.com/waterhouse_aa.html

------------------
Dan
Old Aug 1, 1999, 8:22 pm

Dilbert.....I went to the Waterhouse site and asked for two individual account apps. I wonder if asking for another "joint" app would trigger another 10,000 miles?
Old Aug 6, 1999, 6:07 pm

I called Waterhouse, and they said you can get 10,000 miles for each account. Also, if you already have a Waterhouse account, you will have to withdraw and redeposit your securites to get the bonus. Waterhouse just generated a whole lot of works for itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.