Wiki Posts
Search

Earing Miles w/o Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Earing Miles w/o Credit Cards

Curious give the economy that some of us might not have the best credit.

Are there any credit card offers that earn miles etc for people that don't have "great credit"?
Old May 10, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
If one does not pay their credit card bill on time and in full every month, then i can not recommend any credit card since the interest and other charges would quickly overshaddow the benefits of the points.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:32 am

See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ard-offer.html

Debit card that still gets 1 miler per $. Rare to find these products still.

Also Check the Fidelity/TD Ameritrade bonuses, but you need some $$$ to play there.

Finally, shopping portals, and bonus offers are a good way to go as well (see the netflix deals for each airline).

And the grand Slam for US Air is the best way to get lots of miles quick without a credit card if you can navigate the hits.
Old May 10, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Check your local credit union for point earning debit cards.
Old May 10, 2012, 12:57 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stubtify
See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ard-offer.html

Debit card that still gets 1 miler per $. Rare to find these products still.

Also Check the Fidelity/TD Ameritrade bonuses, but you need some $$$ to play there.

Finally, shopping portals, and bonus offers are a good way to go as well (see the netflix deals for each airline).

And the grand Slam for US Air is the best way to get lots of miles quick without a credit card if you can navigate the hits.
Those are great recommendations. ^
Old May 10, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Several dozen
BoA Alaska Debit, too, but if you don't have such good credit maybe you may ought to just use money orders instead of writing checks? PM me.

Originally Posted by kdinino

Are there any credit card offers that earn miles etc for people that don't have "great credit"?
Old May 10, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
You also have dining programs, not sure if they are limited to credit cards only or if debit cards work as well? May want to check into that.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by kdinino

My apologies for not answering or helping with your direct question about credit cards, but I know firsthand of a way to completely ERASE your credit history with at least two credit bureaus: Experian and Transunion. And it's totally legal. It's not for everybody, but had I had a foreclosure or shortsale or something that harmed my credit, I would consider it. Plus I know of a couple things you could do to easily turn your new/clean credit into good/excellent credit -- the only downside would be lack of history, but I think to CC companies, that's better than bad credit.

I actually stumbled upon it myself doing something and it was the unintended (and horrible) consequence for me since I had stellar credit that got completely wiped clean. It was a two-year process for me (I almost had to hire an attorney) to get my credit/history back (I had to go out of my way to get my history back: many hours, phone calls, letters)...but for people who would rather ditch their credit, well it might work for them...

PM me for details if you're interested (again, not for everybody). Hmmm...maybe I should BLOG about it so the whole world can know and take advantage!!! Perhaps it would make these bureaus look bad and kinda screw them over a little since they caused me so much pain and frustration and two years of my life. I really hate them!

Last edited by csr12621; May 10, 2012 at 2:18 pm Reason: clarification
Old May 10, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: free agent
Depends on the program, but with USAirways for example, there's Dividend Miles Dining and DividendMilesStoreFront - both are great ways to top up mileage with everyday purchases.

As an example: everyone buys toilet paper, soap, kitchen rolls right? If you buy them through the storefront and at drugstore.com, not only do you get free shipping, but 3 miles per $ too.

Can rental programs will credit to pretty much any airline program - hotel chains too.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: SQ
There are lots and lots of promotions that are frequently features here, and on those certain websites that make $ and kill deals.

Thinks like the US Airways Grand Slam promotion, the current Carlson promotion, 100% transfer bonuses, 100% buy bonuses. I'm 24 and I have good credit, but I can't exactly churn daily with my history. There are always great ways to get miles, just try to keep up on FT so that you can get them before the bloggers do!

EDIT: See that you really just want CC offers in original post. I really recommend getting on top of your credit and start raising that number. To put it into perspective - I have an 18-year-old brother who got a student card 6 months ago with no real income. Now he's got like a 730 just from paying it off and being financially prudent. It's not that hard, just don't dig yourself into a hole.
Old May 10, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Do point earning debit cards earn points on taxes?
Old May 11, 2012, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Altoid
You also have dining programs, not sure if they are limited to credit cards only or if debit cards work as well? May want to check into that.
All the dining programs for the airlines and hotels that are managed by Rewards Networks (AA, AS, DL, UA, US, WN, HH, PC) work with any kind of MC or Visa (and for some restaurants also Amex and/or Discover) card, including credit, debit, and even MC/Visa gift cards (though be wary of "higher authorization" issues with gift cards used at restaurants). Rewards Networks only cares about the card number, it does not care what type of card is it except which network it runs on.

For more on those dining programs, see this forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...s-network-400/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.