FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earing Miles w/o Credit Cards
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2012, 2:11 pm
csr12621

Originally Posted by kdinino
Curious give the economy that some of us might not have the best credit.

Are there any credit card offers that earn miles etc for people that don't have "great credit"?
My apologies for not answering or helping with your direct question about credit cards, but I know firsthand of a way to completely ERASE your credit history with at least two credit bureaus: Experian and Transunion. And it's totally legal. It's not for everybody, but had I had a foreclosure or shortsale or something that harmed my credit, I would consider it. Plus I know of a couple things you could do to easily turn your new/clean credit into good/excellent credit -- the only downside would be lack of history, but I think to CC companies, that's better than bad credit.

I actually stumbled upon it myself doing something and it was the unintended (and horrible) consequence for me since I had stellar credit that got completely wiped clean. It was a two-year process for me (I almost had to hire an attorney) to get my credit/history back (I had to go out of my way to get my history back: many hours, phone calls, letters)...but for people who would rather ditch their credit, well it might work for them...

PM me for details if you're interested (again, not for everybody). Hmmm...maybe I should BLOG about it so the whole world can know and take advantage!!! Perhaps it would make these bureaus look bad and kinda screw them over a little since they caused me so much pain and frustration and two years of my life. I really hate them!

Last edited by csr12621; May 10, 2012 at 2:18 pm Reason: clarification