Wiki Posts
Search

MSNBC Winners

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 1999, 10:51 am
Original Member
Original Poster

MSNBC Winners

I recall reading that a few other Flyertalkers have won mileage certificates from MSNBC. That's the promotion where those who visit the MSNBC website are entered into a contest which awards several 5,000 mile certificates each day as well as 1 each for 30,000 miles each day and (I think) 1 for 100,000 miles once a month. Well I got lucky yesterday when I received an email stating that I was a winner and would receive a 5,000 mile certificate in 8-10 weeks. That's the good news. The sort of bad news is that my certificate is going to be for use on Continental Airlines, and I "hold no currency" (as Paul Simon would say) with Continental.

Do any of you other winners know if, when the certificate comes, it will have my name all over it, thereby making it impossible to exchange with one of (I hope) you other winners who wound up winning miles on either American or United (the other possibilities)? If this is exchangeable once I'm in possession of it, I'd be interested in trading my Continental certificate with someone whose certificate is on American (preferably) or United (not quite so preferably). If this isn't useable by anyone but the actual winner, then I'll find some use for it, even if it's just washing it through the Hilton mileage exchange for (albeit fewer) miles on another airline.

Please note that I posted this on the BUZZ because those who win might get a certificate for any of three airlines. Thanks in advance for any guidance from those of you who have already been lucky enough to win and who have already received their actual certificates.

TravelDave

[This message has been edited by TravelDave (edited 04-23-99).]
Old Apr 23, 1999, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TravelDave, good news. No name on it. It is a bearer instrument and you can give it to anyone to add miles to their account. I won a 5,000 one in American, which I too hope to exchange for someone that got one for United.
Old Apr 23, 1999, 2:39 pm
Commander Catcop

I have faithfully clicked daily on the MSNBC site daily and I STILL HAVE NOT WON ANYTHING!!! WWWAAAAAHHHH!!! GGGUURRR!!!

But: Why couldn't MSNBC let us choose what airline we want.

If I win: I hope it's U-A. If not I will offer the airline certificate to the first caller!

I wonder if I can get these certificates in smaller denominations only because I'd like to share with my F-T friends!

AND: I don't expect any miles/certificates in return. Give them To PremEx and TravelDave and the others.

Old Apr 23, 1999, 3:25 pm

Prem Ex and Travel Dave:

I fly Continental. If fate smiles upon me, we can work out something where everyone wins.

Just think, if I win United, I can swap with PremEx who can send his AA to TravelDave amd TravelDave could send me his Continental.

Hey, stranger things have happened to me. For example, all three of my kids have birthdays on the 13th (March, May and August), which is something like a 1:27,000 chance of that! Coincidentally, 13 was my old baseball uniform #, and my birthday is 1/3. As the saying goes, you never know.
Old Apr 23, 1999, 5:18 pm
Original Member

Where can I look up the winners? The list that I saw hasn't been updated since 3/30.
Old Jun 3, 1999, 3:52 pm

Is this promotion still going on? If so, where can I find it on the MSNBC home page? I looked but couldn't find it.

I'm sure it is somewhere in the archives but I have tried searching and I can't get any matches.
Old Jun 3, 1999, 4:27 pm

Here's the contest --->
http://rewards.msnbc.com/return.asp

Good Luck!

------------------
aloha!
http://www.hotshirts.com
Old Jun 3, 1999, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA
I finally won! My persistance paid off.
Only draw back is it's CO miles. Oh well, I'll give to my brother who might get an off-peak ticket on CO with it.

Dan.
Old Jun 3, 1999, 11:54 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Does anybody lose their cookies everynight now and have to re-enter the info? I've been entering for months, and now it doesn't save the info.
Old Jun 4, 1999, 10:53 am

Dave....just a thought, but lots of people on this board are going to be awash in Healthy Choice mile certificates in six or eight weeks. Someone mentioned that they were going to be negotiable. Maybe you can work out a trade.
Old Jun 5, 1999, 11:08 pm

(Let me beat arturo to it - Hmm, tossing your cookies every night? Hasn't happened to me. Do you also have a craving for pickles and ice cream?

Seriously, though - you might want to check the settings on your browser to see whether they have corrupted (or been changed) to no longer allow your cookies to remain "set" after you close the session. Some browsers offer that option.

Just a thought.
Old Jun 7, 1999, 11:55 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta Platinum
They obviously had a problem at the site from 6/2 til about 6/5 and I had to re-eneter data each day, too, now it keeps my cookie OK.

I won 5,000 AA back in March.
Old Jun 7, 1999, 1:37 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Congratulations Winners! I'm still trying, waiting, hoping....
Old Jun 9, 1999, 12:59 am
Original Member

I wish I could be so lucky---I have been playing since I first saw it on this board. No miles yet. I need 5000 miles for an upcoming trip so I am hoping it happens soon!
Old Jun 9, 1999, 9:40 am

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I've been playing (daily) too since I saw it on this board. Unfortunately, I never seem to win these things but it doesn't keep me from trying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.