FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSNBC Winners
Thread: MSNBC Winners
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 1999, 10:51 am
Racquetball
Original Member

MSNBC Winners

I recall reading that a few other Flyertalkers have won mileage certificates from MSNBC. That's the promotion where those who visit the MSNBC website are entered into a contest which awards several 5,000 mile certificates each day as well as 1 each for 30,000 miles each day and (I think) 1 for 100,000 miles once a month. Well I got lucky yesterday when I received an email stating that I was a winner and would receive a 5,000 mile certificate in 8-10 weeks. That's the good news. The sort of bad news is that my certificate is going to be for use on Continental Airlines, and I "hold no currency" (as Paul Simon would say) with Continental.

Do any of you other winners know if, when the certificate comes, it will have my name all over it, thereby making it impossible to exchange with one of (I hope) you other winners who wound up winning miles on either American or United (the other possibilities)? If this is exchangeable once I'm in possession of it, I'd be interested in trading my Continental certificate with someone whose certificate is on American (preferably) or United (not quite so preferably). If this isn't useable by anyone but the actual winner, then I'll find some use for it, even if it's just washing it through the Hilton mileage exchange for (albeit fewer) miles on another airline.

Please note that I posted this on the BUZZ because those who win might get a certificate for any of three airlines. Thanks in advance for any guidance from those of you who have already been lucky enough to win and who have already received their actual certificates.

TravelDave

[This message has been edited by TravelDave (edited 04-23-99).]