Wiki Posts
Search

TD Ameritrade New Account Opening Bonuses-Airlines & Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by echip
Lucky you.
I also received my 2nd 10k on June 5.
I wish I could get $350. But I'll be happy if TD gives me only $250.
So if you already have your second 10k why do you expect "only $250"?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 3:23 pm

My wife and I just received our "missing" United miles (5,000 each) from TD.

They appear to have been received by United a week or two ago but just now posting to our Mileage Plus accounts.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JATR4
My wife and I just received our "missing" United miles (5,000 each) from TD.

They appear to have been received by United a week or two ago but just now posting to our Mileage Plus accounts.
If you are referring to the Date as the Activity - it does not mean When UA received it. UA (or most every airline program for that matter) posts credits pretty much within 24 to 48 hours they receive the requests - the requests though, often include a time stamp of WHEN the activity is occurred. In this case it is the date TD released the bonus, but most likely NOT the date it is sent to UA, certainly not the date UA received it.

You did exceptionally well as you got both SPG and UA with the SPG valued well above the actual pts might have fetched.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
I got the balance of my SPG points about 3 weeks ago and cashed out my TD account yesteray, hopefully they don't / can't try and take them back
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: many
Finalllllllleeeeey, the last of my airline miles have posted.

Really strange now, for the first time in 2 years I have no pending miles due to post to my United account (except for standard monthly credit card purchases). Its a weird feeling.

And no other big opportunities/promos on the horizon....

strange days....
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Got a letter from TD, saying their relationship with AA is ending, and therefore i will receive my 2nd half miles earlier... Is christmas already?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Originally Posted by alpen1
I got the balance of my SPG points about 3 weeks ago and cashed out my TD account yesteray, hopefully they don't / can't try and take them back
So far, any SPG points claw back?
Now your TD account has a balance of $0, or did you closed the account?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by alpen1
Originally Posted by echip
So far, any SPG points claw back?
Now your TD account has a balance of $0, or did you closed the account?
I'm not positive they will do any clawbacks. There's a lot of argument against them if they do.
1. They prematurely ended the relationship with the partner and have admittedly adjusted the terms of the offer and ordering an early post of the award.
2. They have publicly removed the offer and terms and conditions of the offer. Without sending a formal written adjustment of the T&Cs to the customer, and without providing a publicly available location of the terms, they have in essence sealed their end of any argument.

With that said, YMMV so dont take this as to say anyone is guaranteed of anything.

The last conversation I had with one of the reps on the phone said "we would like you to keep your account funded" and when pressed to answer if it was required, the rep repeated the "like you to" comment and went on to suggest ways you could put the funds into a cd, or other products. Read into that as you wish...
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
I've gotten miles for this promo three times already (self twice and wife once) since it started and am currently waiting for the second half of my 4th bonus to post. I have always removed the money immediately after the miles posted and never had any problems or even contact from TD. In fact, for this latest round, I withdrew the money from the account after the first half of the bonus posted and only replaced it 5 months later (needed it for other promos). I expect to still receive the second half of the bonus (got the letter already), but will post if I don't.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
As expected, received the 12,500 AA miles. In case this offer comes around again, good to know you don't need to keep the money in the account, just have the required balance at the 6 month mark.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
Yep, same. Just got my remaining 7500 AAdvantage miles. As they said, they've terminated their relationship with AA, so I'm getting my miles early.

Now I can sell my CDs early and redeploy the capital somewhere more effective.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 5:20 pm

I'm thinking of moving money into a new Ameritrade account. Are there any active milleage bonuses at this time?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joetro
I'm thinking of moving money into a new Ameritrade account. Are there any active milleage bonuses at this time?
No.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by joetro
No, but they'll give you cash. Almost as good as miles. LOL
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone been charged a fee in the account?

I don't always check my account because I have not done anything with it, and plan to simply close it when the time is up. But I've noticed there's a $2 fee on my account. Very strange. I plan to ask them when I close my account, but am wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.