Newbie Question - College Student Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie Question - College Student Travel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Au contrare - SWA can get you to a hub on the coast if the international airline has no awards available from your local airport but does from one of its coastal hubs.
I've used Southwest for a few Canadian trips...places where I have a WN nonstop to the nearby U.S. airport but would require a connection to get to the Canadian one. Jumping in a rental car and crossing the border on land ends up being about equal in terms of total door-to-door time. (Usually cheaper too...)

Eventually they'll integrate the Airtran network and there will be a true international route map accessible with RR points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.