Wiki Posts
Search

Critical Diploma Thesis on Customer Loyalty Programs in the Airline Industry

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Critical Diploma Thesis on Customer Loyalty Programs in the Airline Industry

Dear All,

In the next couple of weeks wanted to start writing on my diploma thesis concerning the critical topic on Customer Loyalty Programs like "Star Alliance", "Top Bonus" and "Qatar Airways Priviledge Club". Within my thesis I'd like to try to challenge these programs.

Some points of concern might be:

1.) How can Customers achieve the most Miles / Points in order to reach the desired status?

2.) What are Customers willing to sacrifice for Miles / Points or a Status within an Airline?

3.) How and to what extend are influencing these programs the physical and/or psychological conditions of the Customer?

4.) What are the expectations of the customer and the provider?

I wanted to write on this particular topic since my father had been an "HON Circle" member for almost 7 years with >250 flights/year, and tried to organize everything in order to get the most miles out of a single trip. Doing so his mental and physical conditioned has weakened over the years.

Due to the fact that this topic is a very critical one, I'm not very successful on finding useful information.

I'd be more than happy about any help!

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:26 am

This is an economic paper? What is your thesis?

1) Credit Card Signup Bonuses are the best method for General Mileage Accrual. For Mileage that is credited toward elite status; mileage runs and special offers on routes.

2)Takes time to research how to optimize mileage earning opportunities. Opportunity Cost of applying for credit card sign up bonuses; you may miss a bigger bonus because your recent applications prevent you from applying. This is a hobby that gives utility to peoples lives and not perceived as a sacrifice but a good to be earned.

3)To the point of considering where to buy goods from and considering the potential added value of a good that earns more mileage. Consumer wants to maximize their return on all mile/point earning opportunities.

4) Loyalty, Fair Compensation and an Underlying Trust between consumer and company.

Good Luck with your thesis and sorry to hear about your father. I hope he gets better.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
OP, I'd suggest setting up your survey on 'surveygizmo' or 'surveymonkey' and then come back here and post a LINK to the survey. Please contact me when you have set up the survey & we can reopen the thread.

Regards,
philemer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.