Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Earning Million Miler Status through CC churning?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning Million Miler Status through CC churning?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by mooper
Not true. About $2MIL in spending will get you Delta 1MM status without stepping foot on a plane:

This year, it was possible to acquire almost 200K Delta MQMs by signing up for two Amex DL Reserve cards and two Amex DL Platinum cards, spending $220K amongst them (easier said than done!), and then using one of the Amex MR transfer deals to get another 25K MQM (presuming you qualify for all bonuses as a first timer). In 2012, have your spouse get two more Amex DL Reserve cards, spend $340K amongst all six of the DL cards between you, assign all MQMs to you, and snag another 160K MQMs. Now you're up to 360K MQMs. Do this again in 2013, 2014, 2015, and Jan 2016, and you'll be Complimentary Annual Silver Medallion ("1MM Lifetime") by the time everything posts in Feb 2016. You'll be Diamond all along the way, which gives incredible domestic perks, and you'll be earning about 1.5 RDMs per dollar spent. If you stop the spending and let your Lifetime Silver take over in 2017 and beyond, that $2MIL+ you spent to get your 1MM will give you, well, free bags and early boarding.
I knew I had overlooked something!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
AA is the last domestic airline to count any non-BIS miles towards lifetime status. AA is changing their program to eliminate this path beginning December 1 other than charges for the next year on their Citi World Elite Mastercard.

And, then after December 1, 2012, AA will close that off as well, making flying the only way to get lifetime status on any domestic airline.
Ouch, that sucks. heard that it might be a possibility, but I guess it is now reality.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
And AA Gold is hardly a wise use of 800K SPG points.
necker island via VS would be better, BUT the AA window closes forever in a few days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.