Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]Citi 80,000 TYP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

[Targeted]Citi 80,000 TYP

I Just received a targeted offer for a Citi Card with 80,0000 Thank you points.
Complimentary companion domestic ticket each year, No foreign transaction fees, anniversary bonus, no expiration on points. First year free $125.00 thereafter.
Is this a good deal? I don't have a Citi card and just signed up for the Chase Marriott rewards card. I haven't seen any discussion about this deal on FT.
Comments please.
Norm
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by normthe
Complimentary companion domestic ticket each year, No foreign transaction fees, anniversary bonus, no expiration on points. First year free $125.00 thereafter.
Is this a good deal? I don't have a Citi card and just signed up for the Chase Marriott rewards card. I haven't seen any discussion about this deal on FT.
Comments please.
Norm
Yes it's very good and probably the GREATEST OFFER out there right now! Take it and run, it's probably worth around $1,000. Hopefully it is released to everyone, what is the spend?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:04 pm

Sounds like a great deal! I just signed up about 2 weeks ago thinking the 50K was as good as it gets - anyone had luck bumping the bonus (like Chase does)?
Is the companion fare new or do most of the past offers have that too? I don't recall seeing that.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Yes it's very good and probably the GREATEST OFFER out there right now! Take it and run, it's probably worth around $1,000. Hopefully it is released to everyone, what is the spend?
They say the worth is $1064.00 in airfare if redeemed through the ThankYou Travel Center. The spend is $3000.00 within 3 mo's. I was going to go for the SPG Amex card but I may just do this one first. Thanks
Norm
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:12 pm

They say the worth is $1064.00 in airfare if redeemed through the ThankYou Travel Center. The spend is $3000.00 within 3 mo's. I was going to go for the SPG Amex card but I may just do this one first. Thanks
Norm
I assume from the annual fee that this is the Premier card? An 80,000 point bonus is fantastic. The SPG Amex card will always be around. This offer may eventually make it to a broader audience, but why take the risk and let is pass you by?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:17 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Norm
Yes I just did the math and that is correct. WTG good luck.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Holy Moly! That's the best one I've ever seen. I thought the 75K I just got was tops, but this one is outstanding.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Hmm sounds like everyone thinks it's a great offer. If it's made available to all I will check it out.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: As many as I can!
Comments please.
Norm
It is a much better offer than the regular 50K offer and each point is worth 1.33 cents when you use it towards airfare via the Citi Thank You portal. So that's a $1,064 value which is very good for a credit card sign up bonus!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:54 am

It is indeed a great value. The 50k point premier card is one of the best sign-up bonuses out there right now, so 80k is great. If you fly short-distance coach flights this is a great bonus to compliment miles in other programs to use for long haul awards in business/first.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: DL FO
That is the best citi offer I have seen. I would jump on that without question.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
how did you receive this targeted offer? via mail? via email?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:54 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Smile Great offer but not the best targeted offer

80k is a great offer but there is still yet a better 100k targeted offer at there. I haven't received either - bummer!!! My gut instinct says to be patient and wait if you can because a 100k offer will go to the public sometime in the near future. Just a guess! No insider knowledge. So that being said, your letter should say somewhere when it expires. They usually always have an expiration date on them. I would wait and see if a 100k offer comes available before your offer expires unless you need to use the points ASAP.
I really think that Citibank wants to get more into the miles/points game like Chase & AMEX and will offer a 100k soon somewhere.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bylin2000
how did you receive this targeted offer? via mail? via email?
I received the offer by regular snail mail.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slotownmomma
80k is a great offer but there is still yet a better 100k targeted offer at there. I haven't received either - bummer!!! My gut instinct says to be patient and wait if you can because a 100k offer will go to the public sometime in the near future. Just a guess! No insider knowledge. So that being said, your letter should say somewhere when it expires. They usually always have an expiration date on them. I would wait and see if a 100k offer comes available before your offer expires unless you need to use the points ASAP.
I really think that Citibank wants to get more into the miles/points game like Chase & AMEX and will offer a 100k soon somewhere.
There is an expiration date at the end of December. Your suggestion is not a bad idea. If the 100k points don't materialize I can jump on this one before the end of the year. Thanks for the suggestion.
Norm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.