Dual threads in MileBuzz and another forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold

I find that it's helpful when threads about miles opportunities are posted in MilesBuzz, even if they're already posted in the airline or hotel forum. It allows checking one forum for opportunities, instead of having to wade thru numerous ones to find the miles opportunities. So here's a respectful request to the moderators to allow things like the new DL toolbar (500 miles for a download) to be posted in MilesBuzz. That thread helped me, as I rarely check the DL forum. Thanks for your consideration. tls
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I'll agree that it's useful to have a deal pointed out here, since not everyone checks every forum. But IMO the problem is when you end up with ongoing discussions it two places.

Maybe we need a single deal-pointer master thread, where folks could mention deals like the DL toolbar along with a link to a main thread in the airline/hotel forum.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I understand what you are saying but our Guidelines & Rules are very specific on this point: Don't post the same thread more than once. Our members read many forums, and weeding through the same message in multiple forums can be frustrating. Duplicate threads will be deleted, combined or locked.

MB forum is for: Discussion of the latest frequent flyer & hotel program buzz..

If a BIG miles or points offer is suddenly available we will usually let it stay in the MB forum for the reasons mentioned in the OP. Small offers will usually be allowed for a few days and then moved to the appropriate forum. Deciding what goes where is an art not a science. We try to do what's best for the majority of our members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.