Reload this Page >

4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by dguy80
Since my Continental onepass plus card now shows up as a united card in the chase login, can i sign up for this offer using that CO card and still get the extra 2000 miles ? Anyone tried that yet ?
I did that about 2 weeks ago and have only gotten 2k miles (posted 4 days after signup)
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:40 pm

All my 4K posted at once, 7 days after signup.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by greek2me
I did that about 2 weeks ago and have only gotten 2k miles (posted 4 days after signup)
It is confusing, since that card is now officially a united mileageplus card ! Do you plan to contact CS and ask for the additional 2k miles ?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:21 pm

I signed up more than 2 months ago and not a single UA mile has posted. Whom should I call regarding this - UA or Netflix? I called Netflix about a week ago and the rep said that this mileage is handled by their partner "United in this case".

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:11 pm
Suspended

you actually get 2k miles for PAYING member and not just for enrolling?

you have to rent a movie in order to get the 2k miles?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by jimmy1
you actually get 2k miles for PAYING member and not just for enrolling?

you have to rent a movie in order to get the 2k miles?
You are charged for the first month, which enrolls you and you can then download movies with. So, whether or not you chose an actual movie, there is the ~$8 fee that is deducted.
I think some states may have slightly different costs, but $7.99 is the average I've noticed.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pcharles
You are charged for the first month, which enrolls you and you can then download movies with. So, whether or not you chose an actual movie, there is the ~$8 fee that is deducted.
I think some states may have slightly different costs, but $7.99 is the average I've noticed.
no free netflix trial with the 2k miles offer?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:57 pm

not in my experience. Anyone else get the promo miles without any charge?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:06 pm

I signed up on 3/26 with my *old* MP number, 2,000 miles posted today. I'll be calling Chase and arguing for the other 2k if it doesn't post, as I got an email on 3/25 that my CO MC was now a United MP Visa technically.

This should allow a double dip later with my *new* United MP number (which was my CO number).

Last edited by Stubtify; Apr 2, 2012 at 11:22 pm
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:00 am

Actually I am already a paid member. I signed up through the 4K link 2 months ago. I got 1 month free and then was charged 7.99 about a month ago. No miles have posted yet. I'm wondering if I need to call Netflix, Chase or United?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Stubtify
I signed up on 3/26 with my *old* MP number, 2,000 miles posted today. I'll be calling Chase and arguing for the other 2k if it doesn't post, as I got an email on 3/25 that my CO MC was now a United MP Visa technically.

This should allow a double dip later with my *new* United MP number (which was my CO number).
It does ^

I'm not sure you are going to get far with united, start with netflix, at least you've hedge your options. Politely explain you only received half the miles due.

Originally Posted by sidaggar
Actually I am already a paid member. I signed up through the 4K link 2 months ago. I got 1 month free and then was charged 7.99 about a month ago. No miles have posted yet. I'm wondering if I need to call Netflix, Chase or United?
When signing up for the 4K link, did you enter our MP cc during the sign up. My card was charged immediately. There was wording at first about the free trial, but I ignored that expecting the card to be charged, which is was for the $7.99
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:04 am

Signed up for the offer on 2/21 and no miles have posted, yet. I called netflix today and the agent said she would put in for the miles again but it may take 8-10 weeks for the miles to post. If they post sooner, I will update.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just completed the AA deal, new email and signed up today with my explorer card
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:14 pm

One piece of info that might help is that Netflix usually posts miles on Tuesday nights. So if you order on a Monday you may have to wait as long as 7 days for those miles to post. If you haven't seen something and a 2nd Tuesday has passed, might want to call. Otherwise calling in is not a great idea, want to fly low and avoid all radar.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Thumbs down

I signed for Netflix 8 days ago, 3 days after that the 2000 miles posted however since I used the Continental onepass which is not the united card I haven't received the other 2000 miles
Does anyone know the United email regarding this issue?
I tried to call them but the hold time is normally too long

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.