4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
When you guys get the miles posted a few days after signing up, do you remember if you were given a trial membership upon registration or were you started immediately on a monthly plan of $8?
Immediate $8 charge. I'm fairly sure that's how it's supposed to work -- the free trial membership looks to be an indication that something went wrong.

FWIW, I just did another Netflix offer other than United (US Airways), and unlike the United offer, it gave me the free month. I'm not holding my breath that the miles will actually post.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:28 pm

i have had a netflix membership in the past, but I cancelled it.

Today I signed up for the 4000 miles promo, being cautious to be incognito.

I used a different computer (not at my home) to avoid any IP issues
I used a different email address, and a different CC I have never used before, and I used my old United mileage number.

The transaction processed, and all seemed to go smoothly, until I got to the Netflix landing page and it said "Welcome back, <my name>"... Welcome **back**, shouldn't it just be "Welcome"... How did it know I was already a member before?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Can anyone confirm the old UA membership# (11-digits) is still working now or not? It seems the new membership id can be repeatedly used in this promotion from lw7878's post.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by mymyles

I used a different email address, and a different CC I have never used before, and I used my old United mileage number.

The transaction processed, and all seemed to go smoothly, until I got to the Netflix landing page and it said "Welcome back, <my name>"... Welcome **back**, shouldn't it just be "Welcome"... How did it know I was already a member before?
Did you sign up for streaming only?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:26 pm

got miles even with welcome back message

I have done several netflix trials for both UA miles and Skype credits, for some of them, I got the same welcome back message, but the bonus did posted after that.

I wouldn't worry too much about the message.

Originally Posted by mymyles

Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:57 pm

On a tangent, has anybody signed up for the equivalent AA offer for 2500 AA points?

https://aa.netflix.com/offer.jsp?src=nflxaasolo2

I already got my 4K UA miles posted. For AA, I used a new email, new CC, and even another address. AA points haven't posted.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
signed up using freedom this time. i'll let you guys know what the outcome is. crossing my fingers for the 4k
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
On a tangent, has anybody signed up for the equivalent AA offer for 2500 AA points?

https://aa.netflix.com/offer.jsp?src=nflxaasolo2

I already got my 4K UA miles posted. For AA, I used a new email, new CC, and even another address. AA points haven't posted.
Did AA a few days after UA, both posted within a week or so. New email and CC, but what are you talking about with an address? Streaming only = no address.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Did AA a few days after UA, both posted within a week or so. New email and CC, but what are you talking about with an address? Streaming only = no address.
Yeah, you're right, I don't know what I was talking about. I'll wait for my AA pts.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; Marriott Silver
Can the additional user on a UA card use the card (same number) to get the netflix miles. Assuming the original user has already used the same card before.

Last edited by pmat2009; Oct 19, 2012 at 11:46 am
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Originally Posted by pmat2009
Can the additional user on a UA card use the card (same number) to get the netflix miles. Assuming the original user has already used the same card before.
Probably not. Apparently, people on this thread have reported not receiving the bonus for using the same CC
Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
I am planning on signing up for this promotion but I did sign up 2 years ago with my CO FF # and canceled in Feb 2011. Now that my UA FF # is numerically the same as my old CO FF #, will I have an issue getting the bonus miles if I sign up with that same (now UA) FF number but use a new CC, new email address and new physical address?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:41 pm

No miles posting on this Monday......
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by timljh
No miles posting on this Monday......
Check back on Wednesday
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:00 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by satz
Chase PC worked as well for me for 4k.
4000 miles just posted for me, as well. I used my Priority Club Visa. Thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.