4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Panzerspitze
Clear the Netflix cookies from your web browser. I had jumped on the 3k AA mile Netflix bonus offer previously. So when I went back recently for the 4k UAL bonus I got the "welcome back" message from Netflix, after I had put in my UAL number, but before getting to the payment stage. I just cleared my cookies and went through the UAL page again, with the same UAL number. The 4k UAL bonus posted a few days ago.

I cleared the cache and tried again. This time it didn't ask for address, just name and cc. After that I got the message "welcome back" but didn't get the "you are not eligible for this bonus" as I had before. Will have to wait and see if I get the miles. In the meantime my credit card has been charged $7.95 four (4) times with all my attempts. I hope some of those will be able to be taken off. I'll discuss it with them when I call to cancel.

thank you for your advise about the cache. I was clearing the history but not the cache.
Felicity
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by felicity5
I cleared the cache and tried again. This time it didn't ask for address, just name and cc. After that I got the message "welcome back" but didn't get the "you are not eligible for this bonus" as I had before. Will have to wait and see if I get the miles. In the meantime my credit card has been charged $7.95 four (4) times with all my attempts. I hope some of those will be able to be taken off. I'll discuss it with them when I call to cancel.

thank you for your advise about the cache. I was clearing the history but not the cache.
Felicity
Clearing the cache is NOT the same thing as clearing cookies. In fact, I'm surprised that made any difference at all. Also, it is 10x easier to cancel by going to your account online and selecting cancel.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by samdori
Clearing the cache is NOT the same thing as clearing cookies. In fact, I'm surprised that made any difference at all. Also, it is 10x easier to cancel by going to your account online and selecting cancel.
I also had the same problem, tried to clear the cookie --using IE browser--click TOOLS on top of page, then internet options, then click on delete browsing history (including cookies) but still unable to get to netflix that allowed me to sign up again. Maybe I didn't do this right Thoughts?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by samdori
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:30 pm

Can you tell me how to delete the cookies on my Apple computer?

I will cancel the other accounts online but they still charged me the $7.95 on the one cancellation I did right away after receiving the "you will not get the bonus". They said it didn't go into effect till the second month. Right now I have four $7.95 charges on my explorer card.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by felicity5
Can you tell me how to delete the cookies on my Apple computer?
This should explain it: http://bit.ly/LTeZBt
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:59 am

When you all are talking about old MP #, are you talking about the 8 digit Continental number that starts with a letter? That isn't working for me. The Netflix app says it needs the 11 digit number starting with a 0. I have that as well. Did people have a different old 11 digit number and now a new 11 digit number?
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
When you all are talking about old MP #, are you talking about the 8 digit Continental number that starts with a letter? That isn't working for me. The Netflix app says it needs the 11 digit number starting with a 0. I have that as well. Did people have a different old 11 digit number and now a new 11 digit number?
my Old MP number is a 11 digit pure numbers
my new MP number is the continental number that starts with letter.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by tsukidayo
my Old MP number is a 11 digit pure numbers
my new MP number is the continental number that starts with letter.
I got the message the first time saying I need an 11 digit number starting with 0. Tried putting in the 8 digit number a couple of times and kept getting the same response. Opened up a new link and tried it again and now it works. Wierd.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Signed up online Friday afternoon - paid with MP Visa - and 4K in my account this morning. Easy miles!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: aa co
Originally Posted by bearcat74
Signed up online Friday afternoon - paid with MP Visa - and 4K in my account this morning. Easy miles!
I wish I know what I did differently than you. Signed up twice. Once saying thank you for taking advantage of our free month offer (I did not) and once saying "welcome back." (Only previous time was the "free month" I got a couple days earlier using a different email and MP number). In between I guess I should have cleared cookies, but that still doesn't explain how I got screwed out of 4000 miles the first time.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
signed up saturday, points posted this morning. taht was easy.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 4:37 pm

I signed up using my old mp account #1 on 5/28 and the miles posted today.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:28 pm

Well, seeing how successful some of you have been, I decided to try again.

I had an account from many years back using my old ua card and old visa card (the one with the $95 annual fee). It is still active, though I had basically given the account to my sis as she loves the one DVD at a time plan.

I signed up for a new account (didn't say I'm in eligible, but it did say 'welcome back') using my new UA (or continental) and my new ua visa. So I am hoping I'll still get the bonus. If not the, 7.99 is a good experiment for 4000 points, which is worth it to me. I hope it works! Crossing my fingers.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Just signed up - I know I got the bonus probably 3 years ago or so, but that was with different mailing address, mileage plus number (old 11 digit UA one), email address, and MP Visa. Hopefully in a few days I'll have the miles!

Edit: 4000 Miles posted today, 6/18!

Last edited by tmm1012; Jun 18, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.