Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Whole foods and Trader Joe's grocery store?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Hi all:

As a cancer survivor, I need to buy organic food and purchase at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. I have the Amex Premiere Gold with extra points for grocery shopping -- would those stores qualify as grocery stores for that program? Thanks for any info you have!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:23 am

They worked for me with my Premier Rewards Gold card.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I have the Hilton Amex, it counts both those stores for double points as grocery.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
It depends on Am Ex card..for commissaries

Originally Posted by particlemn
I have the Hilton Amex, it counts both those stores for double points as grocery.
I always got double points on my Hilton Amex for charges at the commissary/ grocery store on base. Have been able to get this for years. Am Ex classifies it as a grocery store.

Just switched over to Am Ex Premier Gold...and the rep told me that I won't get double points for groceries on this card that I purchase at the commissary. For whatever reason...on Gold Am Ex they do not include purchases at the commissaries! But they do on other Am Ex products... weird.

Chase products do include commissaries under "grocery"... it seems like AM Ex Premier Gold is the only one I can find that does not..
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
You will get the bonus points at both locations. Also AMEX has upgraded their MR summary page online. Now when you look at the account activity on your MR rewards summary, it will break down each bonus point transaction ^
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Check on your statement... it will classify each purchase and tell you if the store is being classified as Groceries or something else. I believe Whole Foods and TJ's both qualify as groceries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.