Up to 3000 free AA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 3000 free AA miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:18 am

Well done, BoredRussian

Thanks, OP. I wasn't eligible, but there were fifteen hundred free miles for Madame Legionayr. Easier than schlepping coins to the bank!

I unsubscribed from all of AA's spam and will try again in a few days, one hopes with more fruitful results.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: Any and All
I tried unsubscribing, then waited 48 hours and only got 1500 bonus miles.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:20 am

Surprised there hasnt been more chatter about the outrageous valuation of miles by American. They probably make money on this even after giving away miles just by tax reduction.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:32 am

I have a US address, was only subscribed to two out of five and got "you're not eligible for this promotion". Why???

I just joined FlyerTalk this week and finding all this info very helpful (if a bit overwhelming), but so far nothing is working for me. Starting to feel like a loser...
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:27 am

That was easy 3000 AA miles x 3 family accounts = 9000 AA miles.
Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:25 am

I unsubscribed too all promotional emails when a few weeks ago and still can't get anywhere with the promo. Any ideas why not?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Thanks, that was an easy 3000 miles.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:39 pm

I think

Originally Posted by asubrapp
I unsubscribed too all promotional emails when a few weeks ago and still can't get anywhere with the promo. Any ideas why not?
when they dreamed up this promotion they took a snapshot of what each e-mail address was subscribed to. so even if you unsubscribed before you tried the appraiser, you would only get credit for what you were previously unsubscribed to.

They do this once a year or so..... so as soon as the bonus miles hit your account, unsubscribe to all. if any good promos hit they will likely be discussed here, and then you'll be eligible the next time they try to increase their e-mail subscriber lists.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by asubrapp
I read a theory on the other thread that made sense. Chances are they ran a list of target names before July 7 when the promo started. If you were subscribed to the emails then (or like me, if you didn't have an AAdvantage account then) your name probably didn't come up. Unless they run another list while the promo is still running, it won't change anything if you unsubscribe or not.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wise2u
when they dreamed up this promotion they took a snapshot of what each e-mail address was subscribed to. so even if you unsubscribed before you tried the appraiser, you would only get credit for what you were previously unsubscribed to.

They do this once a year or so..... so as soon as the bonus miles hit your account, unsubscribe to all. if any good promos hit they will likely be discussed here, and then you'll be eligible the next time they try to increase their e-mail subscriber lists.
I think your assumption is very close to the reality.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA, IHG Platinum
Has anybody received the miles yet??

I ended up getting 3k miles, the fine print says it will post to your account in about 3 days. I still haven't received the miles, anybody else having this problem?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:07 pm

help

I could not get anything, it says "Thank you for being an AAdvantage Member
unfortunately you are not able to participate in this promotion"
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:59 pm

I unssubcribed about a week ago and then try the appraiser again. No luck. I didn't qualify for any miles at all.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:14 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by dcaplette
I ended up getting 3k miles, the fine print says it will post to your account in about 3 days. I still haven't received the miles, anybody else having this problem?
I think the fine print says 3 months and not 3 days
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:22 pm

Thanks a lot! Got 2,500 miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.