Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Ok, Chase and Citi cards Done. What's next???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ok, Chase and Citi cards Done. What's next???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by Igor718
JC .... with all due respect ... I am using a # of miles accumulated only as a "grabber". Pretty much to get people to respond. Yes, I am proud of getting over a million miles (already spent 200K). What's wrong with that? Enthusiasm for this game is what makes this forum alive ... no?

Anyway ... I hope that what you're saying is in fact true as I'd love to get another 75K from the business card. It's been 3 months since I got it, so I'll cancel it today and hope that 3 months from now the offer will still be alive.

thanks for the help.
No need to wait 90 days after cancelling, the 90 days is time lime between biz apps. fully cancel, wait a few days for account to clear out of system, apply again (preferably with a different EIN, but not necessary).
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
that thread is about a year old. Seems too good to be true to churn that card every 95 days. I am thinking, if I cancel this card now ... without waiting at least 6-7 months ... can that flag things? some people really suggested keeping a card for at least 6 months.
Since jcmitcell21 is too modest himself to mention this fact, I'll trumpet this for him: although the thread is over a year old, he regularly edits post #2 (as seen in the current version of the post in this language: "Last edited by jcmitchell21; Yesterday at 8:18 am.. Reason: Added info on applying for 2 Visas.") so that the information in that post, a summary of all of the useful information in the entire thread, remains current. The suggestion to "read post #2 first" is one that I still follow every time I read that thread.

Modesty and a willingness to do a little work are two virtues appreciated everywhere, but especially at FT.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, CO
so AA Citi Business card is hopefully churnable .......... any other cards???
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:45 pm

so AA Citi Business card is hopefully churnable .......... any other cards???
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.