FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ok, Chase and Citi cards Done. What's next???
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:43 am
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Igor718
that thread is about a year old. Seems too good to be true to churn that card every 95 days. I am thinking, if I cancel this card now ... without waiting at least 6-7 months ... can that flag things? some people really suggested keeping a card for at least 6 months.
Since jcmitcell21 is too modest himself to mention this fact, I'll trumpet this for him: although the thread is over a year old, he regularly edits post #2 (as seen in the current version of the post in this language: "Last edited by jcmitchell21; Yesterday at 8:18 am.. Reason: Added info on applying for 2 Visas.") so that the information in that post, a summary of all of the useful information in the entire thread, remains current. The suggestion to "read post #2 first" is one that I still follow every time I read that thread.

Modesty and a willingness to do a little work are two virtues appreciated everywhere, but especially at FT.