Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by ramalama8
Only difference is that the regular card doesn't have to pay the $95 annual fee.
Makes a lot of sense... I and my wife have no annual fee tacked on.
Can not complain...
Old May 26, 2011, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kingdomofpeace
Makes a lot of sense... I and my wife have no annual fee tacked on.
Can not complain...
How long have you had the card? I have the non-Signature version and the $95 charge did appear, not immediately, but before the billing period was up. If you end up not being charged, you're a lucky guy.
Old May 26, 2011, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
How long have you had the card? I have the non-Signature version and the $95 charge did appear, not immediately, but before the billing period was up. If you end up not being charged, you're a lucky guy.
I also have the non-Signature version and haven't been charged the annual fee. It seems that the benefits are the same. My statement already closed on May 18. This is strange, but I'm not complaining.
Old May 26, 2011, 4:20 pm

I was told by a rep there is no difference in annual fee, he checked my card which is plain visa without anything else printed on it, and he said that I will be charged an annual fee. The statement closing tomorrow.
Old May 26, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Shes had hers for almost a month. But her first bill is due after 2 months.
and I've had mine for only a week.
Old May 27, 2011, 7:10 am

Did anyone who received a bonus rejection letter had a much older version of the the BA Visa (i.e., older than the first 100K offer from last year)? Mr. honu had one in the somewhat distant past (2008?), hasn't received any letter yet, and has had the new card for 10 days now. Will he get a bonus rejection?
Old May 27, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: UA Mileage-Plus, AA Advantage, DL SkyMiles,
FINALLY,

First 50k miles posted to my BA account after my 1st statement closed April 25th. It looks like Chase didn't actually send the miles over until my 2nd statement closed on May 25th.
Old May 27, 2011, 8:25 am

so you did not get the first 50k until your second statement closed? Wow. So did you meet the spend requirement for the 2nd 50k yet and if so did you also get that?
Thanks.

I'm still waiting for my first 50k to post even though my 1st stmt closed a few days ago.
Old May 27, 2011, 8:40 am

My card arrived without a BAEC number printed even though I put my number on the application. Statement closed and the miles didn't post. I sent a secure message to Chase and after 24 hours they said they called BAEC and had my miles posted immediately and corrected their system with my BAEC number. It was pretty easy to have cleared up but can't understand how they lost my BAEC number.
Old May 27, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Well .... after having my card for about 3 weeks now and actually spending over $2900 in first 2 weeks I got the full 100K miles posted today.
Old May 28, 2011, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
a semi annoying Chase BA story--almost as annoying as the way I wrote about it lol

My experience with getting the BA Chase Visa in this household was one word: labour. Note the British spelling there.

I have other Chase accounts and yet I could not personally get one of these cards. Too many cards, too many accounts, credit all over the place (but doing fine and makin it happen) whatever. So for me, right now this gig was out. But my wife could try for it. She had no Chase accounts right now. So I signed her up. Her 100k miles or mine, it don't matter. Both would be nice but you get the idea. Gotta get what ya can.

Me wife knows of miles and all my psychosises surrounding it, but she rolls her eyes at nearly everything and certainly cringes at the thought of setting up any more credit cards even as we do pay them all off with ease all the time. She just worries about it, and that's that. Surely many here have family members who are the same way whenever we speak of the sick things we do with borrowed money for miles.

Well she balked at signing up--so I did it on her behalf anyway, which is what any good, sneaky husband in FT should do.

They denied her app and I got the letter.

I contacted the back office and somehow enticed her to get on the phone to confirm her ID and so I could continue to speak to them about our financial world after she verified herself. After all when applying I set myself up as auth user and the CSR saw this.

They contacted us again saying they needed further verification and to call back.

My wife said no. Wont call. done, you are on your own. I don't want no stinking BA card! I'm like... but hunnnnnnnnnnnnn the milessssssssssssss and she's like NO! Instead she stomps off saying: "Now go do something useful like finish the basement so our kids can play down there some day!" I'm like POUT.

Chase sent some other letter saying they was trying to reach us.

Well I go to visit my brother out of state and I come up with this insane idea. He's got friends--some are women of course--and some are madder than any I know back home...

So I 'splain it to one gal and she agrees to call as my wife. I wrote all kinds of details on a paper that she looked over for a moment and was assured she did not have a photographic memory lol. I had put my cell on the app so we used that to call in to Chase. They did ask some strange questions but she got them all right just like I had hoped, and this gal knew how to play it too. Funny too, she had a southern accent and my wife does not. Good thing Chase doesn't REALLY record all this stuff! (or at least access those recordings when you call back lol)

Chase tells her a final decision should come in a week. I'm like woo hoo!

Wouldnt ya know it, the darn cards arrived in the mail just the other day!

I tell me wife, "Hey look hun, that time they said they may send a decision in time... well you got the cards!" (she dunno about the southern girl lol). She's like fine, whatEVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I call in to activate them. Of course a CSR needs to verify things but the cards are ready for use--or so I thought.

Being all gleeful and totally forgetting myself, the FIRST thing I do is go to buy $4000+ worth of gift cards online.

FAIL!

System says to call CC.

I call, they wanna speak to me wife.
I'm like oh shite. Not THIS again...

I ax her to call in and verify the charge. She's like.... I'm like... She's like...
ya know?

Well Chase calls US first!...
Needs to verify this and that.

They do it with my wife on the phone and then I'm on again. We fix it and now such big charges as the one I was attempting will now go through and of course part of it had to do with the fact that this was the card's very first charge so they were not sure about the big amount, etc. Whatever. (Do people here ever think there's TOO MUCH security for our own good and in the wrong areas?)

While on the phone I learn from a CSR that if I have power of atty I can contact them with the same abilities as she has. After all a mere auth user often has no abilities to do anything when there are issues with the card or anything. At least not in my experience --especially not with Chase! But this process costs money and seems a bit much just to like be able to call in about a card for one's own wife! I tell the CSE it should not cost anything to be able to do that! Other card companies do not require that. So the CSR instead suggests that I have my wife verify that I can be a joint account holder. Ok fine, we can do this. Alls we have to do is have my wife say "please allow my husband to be the joint account holder" So once more I get my wife back on once more to do it and she thinks the call is over so she hangs up. Chase calls back and tells us we have to start over but that goes to voicemail because we had left the room. Wife is like... I'm like... you know.

Finally, we do this thing. Too many calls, too much of me pickin at her to do this, and too much time spent on it for what... 100k miles. Cant be worth it!

Then they tell me there's one final step and that is that they will send out papers for us both to sign. Well I'll tell ya... she'll sign stuff but normally we just sign things for each other. So like some Citibank crap that recently came to make us both acct signers, I will probably just sign for her and send it all back when it comes. That'll be the easiest way, trust me!

I then go to use the card but this time I called CS to be sure my charge would go through first. CSR wanted to know if primary card holder was available. I told her to look at the notes, and that no, me wife is in bed now, which she was. CSR says ok (fortunately!) and waits while I make my first charge last night for the $4000 in gift cards. Charge goes through. Feewwwwwww!

I will get the giftcards, the spend will be completed, and all should be well with the universe. (I will convert them to coins in my sinister ways--described in other threads)

This morning I checked me own Chase cards online and when logging out I realized my wife's new BA Chase Visa should also be set up online of course. I went to do it and got this message when at www.chase.com/ba:

Unable to Process Your Request
We are unable to identify you as an account holder. Please verify your information and try again. If you are enrolling with a BP credit card, please call the number on the back of your card for further assistance.

Well it aint a BP card, but after a few attempts on two browsers, it seems we will have to call once more.

Ya see...

I get CCs to get sign up bonuses and then to max them out on coins and such to get more miles. It's what we do. And I wanna make this stuff all EASY for my family but I need my credit AND my wife's in order to do the miles/points game. She's cool with it but she once told me: go do your thing... go get your billion coins and whatever gift cards, but please don't make it inconvenient.

I can tell ya first hand, if there's one thing it can be is inconvenient.

The term, "for security reasons, sir" almost ALWAYS translates into:

For "OUR security and YOUR inconvenience, sir...and we reserve the right to still F**K up for you!"

I think I'm gonna wait til I'm a joint account holder.... and for the first payment or so to this particular Visa, I think I'll just mail it in at the post office. We have no Chase banks in or around where we live in Massachusetts. No more jumping thru hoops here. Screw it. lol

Well, the good news is... while I've never really been a hockey fan, at least the Bruins won the Eastern Conference Finals! Woo hoo!

http://bruins.nhl.com/index.html

The last time they was in the Stanley Cup finals, I was like 7. They won it.

MM
Old May 28, 2011, 5:48 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; Southwest; American Airlines
Well she balked at signing up--so I did it on her behalf anyway, which is what any good, sneaky husband in FT should do.
Made me laugh MM. This is my household, but in reverse - I am a good, sneaky FT wife. My husband was telling a friend last night about me signing him up for the BA credit card. He calls it my FT miles "habit."

It would push him over the edge if I started buying coins. I already get long hard stares when I mention a miles scheme....

My BA experience has been very easy, but today I am calling to move up my statement close date. I want my miles...
Old May 28, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
To Marathon: Instead of writing marathon posts perhaps you should spend some time at that basement of yours I think going in and doing 4k in gift cards right away may have been a bit too much. I always use her card for gas and little stuff at walgreens before going in for the big ones (coins, etc.).

I am in the same boat as you as wife does not care about my miles psychosis either. BUT I have had a HUGE advantage. My wife's name is very rare and I always call on her behalf and they call me Mr....No problem at all
Old May 28, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
My wife said no. Wont call. done, you are on your own. I don't want no stinking BA card! I'm like... but hunnnnnnnnnnnnn the milessssssssssssss and she's like NO! Instead she stomps off saying: "Now go do something useful like finish the basement so our kids can play down there some day!" I'm like POUT.
Hilarious. The things we miles fanatics have to put up with when dealing with more normally adjusted loved ones.
Old May 28, 2011, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by gpapadop
To Marathon: Instead of writing marathon posts perhaps you should spend some time at that basement of yours I think going in and doing 4k in gift cards right away may have been a bit too much. I always use her card for gas and little stuff at walgreens before going in for the big ones (coins, etc.).

I am in the same boat as you as wife does not care about my miles psychosis either. BUT I have had a HUGE advantage. My wife's name is very rare and I always call on her behalf and they call me Mr....No problem at all
lol yes yes I know... but I type fast. And besides my post here was made at like 530am. Cant be bangin nails at those hours now can ya?
lol
yes I went in too hard on the first purch lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.