Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: US Air, Hilton, Priority Club, AA, UA
Angry BA Chase 100,000 Miles WAS REJECTED BECAUSE I WAS OLD

I got the credit card in the mail today! AND a companion letter

"You recently opened a new BA Visa Card account, which offered a premium after completeing your first purache using your new card.
The terms and condtions asscocated with your account specify that the premium offer is available only to new Cardmembers. Our recrods indliate that you have taken advantage of this offer or a similary offer in the past. Based on this informaiton, your new account is not eligible to receive the premium associated with the first use the card"

A/K/A TOO BAD I Got the 100,000 in 2009 now i can not get it again. I called the lady and she said it is a "lifetime exclusion" once you get it you will never be considered a NEW CARDMEMBER UNTIL YOU DIE.

So i canceled the card.
Old May 16, 2011, 8:19 pm

Has someone moved the statement dAte forward to get miles sooner?

I have an upcoming trip in July and I am worried that I might bit get the award Seats. I got the card today but the statement date is June 7. The csr said they can move the date up but is then not sure if the miles will transfer this cycle or the next.

Has someone done this before?
Old May 16, 2011, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by TomRI
I got the credit card in the mail today! AND a companion letter

"You recently opened a new BA Visa Card account, which offered a premium after completeing your first purache using your new card.
The terms and condtions asscocated with your account specify that the premium offer is available only to new Cardmembers. Our recrods indliate that you have taken advantage of this offer or a similary offer in the past. Based on this informaiton, your new account is not eligible to receive the premium associated with the first use the card"

A/K/A TOO BAD I Got the 100,000 in 2009 now i can not get it again. I called the lady and she said it is a "lifetime exclusion" once you get it you will never be considered a NEW CARDMEMBER UNTIL YOU DIE.

So i canceled the card.
The T&C did say "Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer".
Old May 16, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Reading comprehension not required to be peeved at rational T&Cs. Of course, given some of the actions of reps of credit card companies' in response to certain applications or telephone calls from their own customers where the reps take actions that apparently ignore their own T&Cs, no major surprise that somebody's mad because they didn't get the same lucky break.
Old May 16, 2011, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I posted earlier today on how we're still waiting for the cards, and sure enough, both cards arrived in today's mail.
Old May 16, 2011, 9:01 pm

Chase/BA 100k miles offer - Moving statement date forward to get miles sooner?

I got the cards for me and my wife today in the mail. I have an upcoming trip in July and I am worried that I might bit get the award Seats. The statement date is June 7. The CSR said they can move the date up but is then not sure if the miles will transfer this cycle or the next.

Wondering if its worth moving it up and it will work fine OR to just wait till June 10th to book tickets. How is BA generally about reward ticket availability for Sea --> Lon round trip from Mid-July to Mid-August?

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2011, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Devilish
I have an upcoming trip in July and I am worried that I might bit get the award Seats. I got the card today but the statement date is June 7. The csr said they can move the date up but is then not sure if the miles will transfer this cycle or the next.

Has someone done this before?
Yes, I did this last week. Met the spend in one purchase, then emailed and asked them to change the statement date to this past Fri. On Sun I noticed the 100K posted. But, in your case booking last minute could be tough.
Old May 16, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
I just did this with the chase continental card... i don't see why it wouldn't work to get you the miles quicker.

But it's already rather late to get award tickets booked for july/august which is prime time for europe. I have a lot more experience with united/star alliance and to do a mid summer trip w/ a saver award, you often have to book 6-12 month in advance. I just did a search for sea-lhr through BA.com and there is nothing in economy and scattered days in August/September for premium economy and business. You don't need the miles to search for award tickets via your BA executive club account.
Old May 16, 2011, 10:37 pm

Ah - good point!

Just checked and they indeed do not have anything for july/august.

I checked availability for other months also and they are pretty sad. Do folks really get to use miles? Makes me think now if I should have gotten the card...
Old May 16, 2011, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by goldenbear
I just did this with the chase continental card... i don't see why it wouldn't work to get you the miles quicker.
I also want to do that with my new CO card to get the bonus quicker. My card is arriving tomorrow but they have the due date set at July 8th. Will the CS give me any excuses and say they can not move that due date to May 27th? (6 weeks before the first bill is to be due).
Old May 16, 2011, 11:41 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Silver / DividendMiles Silver
Dear Diary.....

Jackpot. Got my card in the mail today!
Old May 17, 2011, 12:29 am

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
I missed out on so many great ways to spend my $2500 because Chase is taking forever to send this card. It's my fault for waiting so long to apply. Now I don't know how to meet the minimum. Here's what was missed:

1) 40 SkyMiles per Dollar
2) My chance to upgrade to a Canon 60D
3) My chance to upgrade to a Canon T3i

Why do all good deals come days / weeks apart? argh.
Old May 17, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Devilish
Ah - good point!

Just checked and they indeed do not have anything for july/august.

I checked availability for other months also and they are pretty sad. Do folks really get to use miles? Makes me think now if I should have gotten the card...
You would find this to be pretty much the case for any mileage program for Europe in the summer. For that matter any closer-in travel to more popular destinations during their high season.

Available award seats can sporadically open up over time and some airlines release more at the "last minute". But typically, advance planning and flexibility are key to success.
Old May 17, 2011, 7:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by scwam
I also want to do that with my new CO card to get the bonus quicker. My card is arriving tomorrow but they have the due date set at July 8th. Will the CS give me any excuses and say they can not move that due date to May 27th? (6 weeks before the first bill is to be due).

While they may not be able to move it to that specific date, I can't see why they would make up excuses. Chase has little reason to care when your statement closes so aside from reasons related to their system, there's no reason for them to deny it.
Old May 17, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Due Day vs. Statement Date

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Originally Posted by scwam
While they may not be able to move it to that specific date, I can't see why they would make up excuses. Chase has little reason to care when your statement closes so aside from reasons related to their system, there's no reason for them to deny it.
(bolding mine)

Let's see. Today is May 17. Let me make sure I read scwam correctly. You want to move the (1st) due day for your yet-to-receive new card to May 27th?

Normally, a due day is 10-to-25 days after a statement closes and a statement only closes when a billing cycle is complete. A very 1st billing cycle may not follow the exact 30-day period, giving it's a new account. So today is May 17. I guess your card was approved around say May 10. So what date do you want your 1st statement to close? May 20th?

I am thinking pushing a due day in this May may simply not be feasible nor reasonable. That has nothing to do with excuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.