FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   [OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1188950-op-link-expired-hilton-hhonor-amex-points-62-500-50k-easy.html)

booyaa Aug 5, 2011 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by dinosims (Post 16869354)
It doesn't show up in the offer anywhere, however it must be hard-coded into the card benefits to award an extra 2500 HH points for an additional cardholder. I believe it's been in past offers explicitly though, and so just must not have been taken off automation.

It's explicitly stated in one version of the application. Still live. Link is somewhere in this thread I think. Either this or the Surpass thread.

beltway Aug 6, 2011 7:50 am

Originally Posted by dinosims (Post 16869354)
It doesn't show up in the offer anywhere, however it must be hard-coded into the card benefits to award an extra 2500 HH points for an additional cardholder. I believe it's been in past offers explicitly though, and so just must not have been taken off automation.

Well, here's a data point: DW signed up in early June using the OP link, with an extra card for me. $500 spend has already been met, and the full bonus (20K + 30K) has now posted on her HH account, but we've seen no 2500-point bonus for having the 2d card.

kleintalk Aug 7, 2011 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 16821125)
:confused:

It hasn't gone away.

Could you send me a link to an app page that actually works? I would really appreciate it. I've had all kinds of trouble. Thanks.

DaddyRabbit Aug 7, 2011 12:21 pm

Honors AmEx

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 15945114)
Sure looks like it.

It is and it has worked for me for at least a decade.

beltway Aug 7, 2011 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by kleintalk (Post 16876008)
Could you send me a link to an app page that actually works? I would really appreciate it. I've had all kinds of trouble. Thanks.

The link in post #1 appears to work fine. If you're having difficulty, I'd suggest using a different browser and/or making sure that you have Javascript/cookies enabled.

beltway Aug 7, 2011 9:28 pm

Here's the response to an inquiry via SM about the extra 2500 pts for add'l cardholder:

Dear _____,

I do see that you were eligible to receive 2,500 bonus points for adding the Additional Cardmember.

In order to receive 2,500 points, you needed to add the additional along with your application. If you added the Additional Cardmember after your account was opened, then you will not receive these 2,500 points.

I checked your account and see that the Additional Cardmember was added to your account on xx/xx/2011 which is after your account opening date. Therefore, you are not eligible to receive the 2,500 Bonus points.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Izushisobaman Aug 8, 2011 11:27 am

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 16878360)
Here's the response to an inquiry via SM about the extra 2500 pts for add'l cardholder:

I send SM after seeing your post and this is what I got. It does not say I needed to add when I applied so I would try.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear xxxxxx

I'd like to confirm that you are eligible to earn 2,500 points for adding one Additional Cardmember.

I'd also like to inform that 2,500 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points will be awarded to your Hilton HHonors account in 8-12 weeks for an approved Additional Card. This Bonus offer applies to one Additional Card only.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day!
Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxx
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services

booyaa Aug 8, 2011 11:32 am

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 16878360)

Try sending the SM to Social Media Inquiry-Twitter. They have the best ever service from investigating my bonus point mall points (not easy given the tracking system is non-existent now) to giving me responses such as these:

Thank you for contacting us.

In reviewing your records, I wasn't able to locate the 2,500 bonus points for adding the Additional Cardholder. However, I have now issued those points for you. You should be able to see them in your account with Hilton within the next 3-5 business days.

It was my pleasure to assist you.
I DID apply using the link that explicitly states I will get the 2,500 points, and was confirmed in a SM earlier. But for whatever reason they don't see it. Regardless, the Twitter team has given them to me.

milesmuncher Aug 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Logged into my AMEX account today, and I see a banner for 10,000 HHonors points for referrals on this card.

So... if anyone is thinking about signing up for this card, I'd be HHonored to refer you! ^

FlyingBoat Aug 11, 2011 4:34 pm

I will probably have my wife "refer" me. But if you are referred would that still be for the same link with the 50K?

milesmuncher Aug 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat (Post 16905388)
I will probably have my wife "refer" me. But if you are referred would that still be for the same link with the 50K?

Oof - I take it back! The offer your referrals get is pretty bad: 20K + 10K more after 4 stays. :td:

ia9561 Aug 11, 2011 5:44 pm

I just got this offer via email. Not sure if this is a better deal or not. 60K points, but need $3k spend...

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...canexpress.com

Get an Instant Account1 and Receive up to 60,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points
Receive up to 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points with your first purchase2

Get 20,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 within the first three months of cardmembership3

9-6-3 points structure: Receive 9 HHonors Bonus Points for every eligible dollar you spend at any participating Hilton Family hotel - and receive 6 HHonors Bonus Points for every eligible dollar you spend at supermarkets, gas stations, drugstores, and more. Plus, receive 3 HHonors Bonus Points for virtually every dollar spent elsewhere4
No Blackout Dates: No blackout dates when redeeming for hotel stays
Complimentary Gold status: Complimentary Gold status for the first year5
Airport lounge access: Access to over 500 airport lounges around the world - with complimentary Priority Pass membership valued at $99

1 If approved for an instant account number, you will receive a temporary line of credit in the amount of $1,000 for use at Hilton Worldwide brand websites. Once you receive and activate your Card, you will have access to your full line of credit for use anywhere the Card is accepted.
2 To earn a First Purchase Bonus of up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors™Bonus Points (Bonus Points) you must make your first eligible purchase with the Hilton HHonors™ Surpass™ Card from American Express (Card) within one year of the date your Card account was opened. Limited to one First Purchase Bonus per Card account. Only first-time Hilton HHonors Surpass Cardmembers are eligible to earn a First Purchase Bonus of up to 40,000 Bonus Points. Cardmembers who have previously earned a First Purchase Bonus from any Hilton HHonors Card from American Express earn the difference between 40,000 Bonus Points and the number of First Purchase Bonus Points previously earned. Allow 8-12 weeks for Bonus Points to be credited to your Hilton HHonors account. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
3 You will receive 20,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points (Bonus Points) if, within the first 90 days following the date on which your Card account was opened, you charge a total of $3,000 or more of eligible purchases on your Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express (Card) ("Threshold Amount"). The 30,000 Bonus Points will be credited to your account 8-12 weeks after you reach the Threshold Amount. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
4 You will receive 9 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points (Bonus Points) for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Hilton HHonors™ Surpass™ Card from American Express (Card) at any participating hotel within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands (excluding Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare purchases and package sales). You will receive 6 Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at the following categories of merchants located in the United States, excluding warehouse clubs and superstores: supermarkets, drug stores and stand- alone gas stations; and for service payments for home and wireless phone, cable, satellite TV and Internet service providers. You will receive 3 Bonus Points for each dollar of all other eligible purchases. [Loyalty - See your Cardmember Agreement for additional terms and conditions. Acquisition " Additional terms and conditions apply." To receive the appropriate Bonus Points, the merchants must submit the charge using the appropriate industry code, merchant code, or products / service code established by American Express. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
Eligible purchases are purchases of goods or services minus returns and other credits. You will not receive Bonus Points for fees or interest charges,balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler‘s checks, purchases or reloading of reloadable prepaid cards, or purchases of any cash equivalents. Bonus Points are calculated on the U.S. dollar value of eligible purchases as shown on your monthly account billing statement.
5 If in any calendar year of Cardmembership your total eligible purchases reach $20,000, you will be upgraded to Hilton HHonors™ Gold status for the calendar year in which such status was earned through the end of the next calendar year. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Gold status. Allow 10-12 weeks for your status to be upgraded. Visit HHonors.com/Terms for complete Terms and Conditions.
6 The Basic Cardmember will be automatically enrolled in the Priority Pass program. Priority Pass annual membership fee of $99 is waived each year for Hilton HHonors Surpass Cardmembers. Priority Pass membership automatically renews on its anniversary date. Priority Pass membership may be cancelled by American Express if the Basic Cardmember‘s Hilton HHonors Surpass Card is cancelled. Priority Pass membership provides access to airport lounges participating in the Priority Pass program. Participating lounges are owned and operated by independent third parties and their participation and/or facilities may change. Effective October 1, 2011, Continental and United lounges will not be available to Priority Pass members who obtained their membership through financial institutions, including Hilton HHonors Surpass Cardmembers. To access a lounge, Cardmember must show his/her valid Priority Pass card and an airline ticket for travel on the same day for the Cardmember and each guest. Cardmember will receive the Priority Pass card within 6-8 weeks after Cardmember‘s first purchase with the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card. All lounge visits are subject to a fee of U.S. $27 per person per visit, which will be automatically charged to the Cardmember‘s Hilton HHonors Surpass Card. Lounge fees are subject to change. Priority Pass membership is subject to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use. For complete Priority Pass terms and conditions and a listing of participating lounges, please visit www.prioritypass.com

Hilton HHonors® membership, receiving of Points & Miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. ©2011 Hilton Hotels Corporation. ©2011 American Express Bank, FSB.

joediver Aug 11, 2011 10:22 pm

This one from ia9561 is for the Surpass and aside from the 3k spend it has a $75 annual fee (not waived first year). OP offer is better and I already had the Surpass (they check for repeats)

dinosims Aug 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Can you get 1st purchase/bonus miles from both the free card and the Surpass card?

joediver Aug 12, 2011 7:29 am

Originally Posted by dinosims (Post 16907444)
Can you get 1st purchase/bonus miles from both the free card and the Surpass card?

If I remember correctly, I already had a Hilton card that I received a bonus on when I got the Surpass card last year.