FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   [OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1188950-op-link-expired-hilton-hhonor-amex-points-62-500-50k-easy.html)

BOShappyflyer Oct 6, 2011 5:32 pm

Are you an existing Amex Hilton cardholder? That's a sweet deal - I hope I can get this upgrade offer.

Originally Posted by Ashguy77 (Post 17215650)
Dear ,

Experience the privileges of Gold Status for one year on your Hilton HHonors membership, a complimentary benefit when you upgrade to the Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express1. Your complimentary Gold Status includes great benefits like free Wi-Fi access, the option to choose breakfast at many hotels, late-checkout and room upgrade upon availability, plus a 25% bonus on all Hilton HHonors Base Points you earn. Upgrade and also enjoy:
An upgrade to HHonors Diamond status2 when your total eligible spend reaches $40,000 or more during a calendar year. Enjoy a 50% bonus on all HHonors Base Points earned, 48-hour reservation guarantee, Executive Floor lounge access and room upgrades where available.

Up to 50,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points when you spend $3,000 with your Hilton HHonors Surpass Card in the first three months.3

Free Priority PassTM membership—you'll get access to 600 airport lounges in over 90 countries around the world, and we'll waive the $99 annual membership fee.4

9 points for every eligible dollar spent at hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands; 6 points for every dollar spent on groceries, gas, and cell phone, internet, and cable bills; and 3 points for each dollar spent on anything else.5

***3. You will receive 50,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points (Bonus Points) if, within the first 90 days following the date on which your Card account was opened, you charge a total of $3,000 or more of eligible purchases on your Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express (Card) ("Threshold Amount"). The 50,000 Bonus Points will be credited to your account 8-12 weeks after you reach the Threshold Amount. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.

AirForceFlyer Oct 8, 2011 4:31 am

Applied 3 days ago and got instantly approved. Got an email saying that my card was sent expedited and I received it yesterday. Already met the $500 spend and looking forward to have the 50k post in my account. Easy points! Thanks OP!

msc75 Nov 3, 2011 12:34 pm

Has anyone had to wait 8-12 weeks for their points from spending to post?

I got the Surpass version of this for $3K and received first purchase bonus immediately, but no spending bonus after meeting spend and 4 weeks after statement closing. AMEX keeps telling me I have to wait 12 weeks.

The spend $3K promo on the surpass is fairly new (I applied the first day it was available on the web) , so I'm hoping to get more answers on this thread since this one has been around for a while.

LLJFK88 Nov 3, 2011 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by msc75 (Post 17385448)
Has everyone had to wait 8-12 weeks for their points from spending to post?

I got the Surpass version of this for $3K and received first purchase bonus immediately, but no spending bonus after meeting spend and 4 weeks after statement closing. AMEX keeps telling me I have to wait 12 weeks.

The spend $3K promo on the surpass is fairly new (I applied the first day it was available on the web) , so I'm hoping to get more answers on this thread since this one has been around for a while.

I have the non-surpass card but my points after meeting the spend posted two days after the statement closed.

msc75 Nov 3, 2011 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by loganleelamson (Post 17385459)
I have the non-surpass card but my points after meeting the spend posted two days after the statement closed.

Thanks- that's what I thought. They're telling me they can't give me the points before 12 weeks is up :( I was wondering if anyone else had to deal with that.

I guess Hilton and I are not meant to be. All my other mileage/point programs work like clockwork but everything involving Hilton goes wrong.

LLJFK88 Nov 3, 2011 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by msc75 (Post 17385486)
Thanks- that's what I thought. They're telling me they can't give me the points before 12 weeks is up :( I was wondering if anyone else had to deal with that.

I guess Hilton and I are not meant to be. All my other mileage/point programs work like clockwork but everything involving Hilton goes wrong.

Hilton seems to be hit or miss for people. I was reading another thread saying that some people were reporting it taking 5 days to get their points back after a cancellation, but mine posted back instantly. And like said, had no delay with my points posting.

anilyst Nov 3, 2011 5:10 pm

I applied for the regular HHonors card last month and received the 50k bonus. Now when I login to my Amex page, I get this option to upgrade to the Surpass. The offer states 50k bonus for $3000 spend in 90 days.

Will I get another set of 50k points ? Also the CSR says it will be another credit pull. I am not sure about that.

beltway Nov 5, 2011 2:46 pm

The offer in the OP appears to be dead.

elmedico27 Nov 5, 2011 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by msc75 (Post 17385486)

My points from spend have been posting right away, but I was told by Amex (through secure message) that the second part of my signup bonus could take 8-12 weeks to post. Which seems odd since the first part for first purchase posted almost instantly.

Moorea Dec 2, 2011 2:10 pm

Warning! Keep your offer terms & conditions/email!

So, I applied and was approved for this card using the link in my offer email.

My 20,000 point first purchase bonus was awarded no problem. I spent $500 by August 30th, and continued spending, and I did the math and I should have received them by 11/22. I waited for my statement to close on November 28th, and no 30,000 point bonus.

So I called and asked where my points were and they read me the bonus points they thought I should have received which were:

20,000 first purchase bonus
2,500 points for each Hilton stay, up to 10,000 points.

I told them about the 30,000 point bonus after $500 spend and she said no, that's not tied to my account.

THANKFULLY I kept the email and faxed it to her for proof yesterday. Still waiting for confirmation.

Anyway, this should be a lesson to all of you to keep all of your credit card offer terms & conditions - especially for this card. Slimy.:td:

Who in their right mind would sign up to get a 20k/30k point bonus from Hilton (rhetorical question).

mike2200 Dec 2, 2011 6:50 pm

Good card

MY wife and I both received the 50k she later getting additional points for staying and we both received 5k for adding another party to the card...good deal

SanFranMcG Dec 2, 2011 7:56 pm

I got about 100K HHonors pts earlier this year by doing the Citi and Amex, but I've been wondering if it might have been a wiser choice to do the Hawaiian Airlines 35K and the Virgin Atlantic 50K and transfer both of them at 1:2 ratio to HHonors. Of course, those card have annual fees, so the math comes down to whether you're willing to spend about $150 for 70K additional HHonors points... just a thought, and also an idea for those of us who are looking for more ways to get HHonors points.

PSilks Dec 3, 2011 9:41 am

Exactly the same thing happened to me....

I eventually got the miles. But, I had send in paper docs and cancel the account. Then I received them. Based on that, I reapplied a couple of months later when a different offer came up. Got the card and the points. Using the card too. One point from FT was that I probably should have cleared the cache and cookies before filling the online form out. Good luck.

Originally Posted by ksf45632 (Post 17555724)
So, I applied and was approved for this card using the link in my offer email.

My 20,000 point first purchase bonus was awarded no problem. I spent $500 by August 30th, and continued spending, and I did the math and I should have received them by 11/22. I waited for my statement to close on November 28th, and no 30,000 point bonus.

So I called and asked where my points were and they read me the bonus points they thought I should have received which were:

20,000 first purchase bonus
2,500 points for each Hilton stay, up to 10,000 points.

I told them about the 30,000 point bonus after $500 spend and she said no, that's not tied to my account.

THANKFULLY I kept the email and faxed it to her for proof yesterday. Still waiting for confirmation.

Anyway, this should be a lesson to all of you to keep all of your credit card offer terms & conditions - especially for this card. Slimy.:td:

Who in their right mind would sign up to get a 20k/30k point bonus from Hilton (rhetorical question).

yoyo Dec 3, 2011 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by SanFranMcG (Post 17557290)
I got about 100K HHonors pts earlier this year by doing the Citi and Amex, but I've been wondering if it might have been a wiser choice to do the Hawaiian Airlines 35K and the Virgin Atlantic 50K and transfer both of them at 1:2 ratio to HHonors. Of course, those card have annual fees, so the math comes down to whether you're willing to spend about $150 for 70K additional HHonors points... just a thought, and also an idea for those of us who are looking for more ways to get HHonors points.

I thought Virgin Atlantic 1:2 transfer had been dead? Is there an ongoing short term promotion?

LLJFK88 Dec 4, 2011 10:23 am

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 17562000)
I thought Virgin Atlantic 1:2 transfer had been dead? Is there an ongoing short term promotion?

It restarted probably about a month ago. I had called in to Virgin to transfer to Hilton 1:1 but then the CSR said I would be getting 1:2 and I obviously didn't contest. About a week later (versus the month long wait others were reporting previously) the doubled points ended up in my account.