Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Chase CO miles or $150 cash offer for the checking account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Which one would you go for? I got the $150 cash offer for opening up new chase checking account. I see that there is a deal going for 20K CO miles for opening the same account as well. I was wondering which one would you go for? Does opening Chase checking account with Debit card counts towards total number of applications Chase allows you in 6 months?

Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Originally Posted by boundless_maverick
Which one would you go for? I got the $150 cash offer for opening up new chase checking account. I see that there is a deal going for 20K CO miles for opening the same account as well. I was wondering which one would you go for? Does opening Chase checking account with Debit card counts towards total number of applications Chase allows you in 6 months?

Thanks!
I got both for 1 account.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Opening checking accounts has nothing to do with applying for credit. they are totally different.
Where do you see this offer? Or did it come in a targeted letter to you?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Originally Posted by onthego15
Opening checking accounts has nothing to do with applying for credit. they are totally different.
These offers are for the Chase Checking accounts and have nothing to do with credit. When you open a new chase account with a promo code you can get $150 bonus and then add on the Chase-Continental debit card and get up to 25k miles as a bonus.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onthego15
$150 offer came in the mail but they keep sending similar cash offers so I am guessing its pretty easily available.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armattheus
These offers are for the Chase Checking accounts and have nothing to do with credit. When you open a new chase account with a promo code you can get $150 bonus and then add on the Chase-Continental debit card and get up to 25k miles as a bonus.
Sweet but it seems like 25K miles link from the other FT thread isn't working. I guess I have to wait for the offer to come back.

BTW, I am guessing it resulted in hard pull?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:25 pm

Can anyone confirm that they have done the cash + Continental miles with a single account in the past? I've never heard of this being possible.

Also, can anyone provide a link for the Continental promo? Last I checked (on chase.com), the debit card/checking account promo was explicitly listed as discontinued.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
I see that there is a deal going for 20K CO miles for opening the same account as well.Thanks!
Can you please tell us how and where we can find the offer for 20,000 OnePass miles for opening a Chase checking account?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:31 am
Original Poster

My bad! I didn't notice until then that the offer disccussed on this thread is expired now. Well I guess we will have to wait it for to come back..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...g-account.html
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
My bad! I didn't notice until then that the offer disccussed on this thread is expired now. Well I guess we will have to wait it for to come back..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...g-account.html
I doubt it will.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:40 am

20,000 miles. 20,000*(1 cent per mile), easily equal to $200 or more. 25k can get you close to a domestic round trip flight, whereas $150 cant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.