Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

21,000 onepass for checking account

Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium

UPDATE TO SHOW LINK TO OFFER OF 25,000 MILES FOR CHECKING THAT HAS ENDED, BUT LEAVING THE LINK SO WE CAN CHECK EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE TO SEE IF IT COMES BACK!

(EXPIRED) Now Expiring Dec. 31, 2010

https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_n..._Consumer_9938

AND FOR BUSINESS ACCOUNTS

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?..._Business_9893

These offer are re-ocurring every six months, I will hopefully be opening my third account with them now its a new year, this offer has added the first bag waiver.
Also it says you can add 3 cardmembers to your account and they receive 2,500 miles.
Just remember before you print out the voucher, refresh the page once so you get a new coupon code then the one on this link.

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...&ID=0000009015

Get 10,000 bonus miles when you open a Chase CheckingSMaccount and set up direct deposit1

Get another 11,000 bonus miles2 and earn 1 mile for every $1 in qualifying purchases3 with the Chase Continental Airlines Preferred Debit Card for a $65 annual fee per checking account.

Or, choose a lower annual fee option and earn 1 mile for every $2 in qualifying purchases3 with the Chase Continental Airlines Debit Card for a $25 annual fee per checking account.

Plus, check your first bag without ever paying a fee (a $30 round trip savings)4

Offer valid January 1, 2009 through June 30, 2009. To qualify for the reward you must open a new Chase CheckingSM account with a $100 minimum opening deposit of new money (money not currently held by Chase or its affiliates). Also, to qualify for the first 10,000 bonus miles you must initiate a repeating direct deposit such as payroll, Social Security or other government benefits. The first direct deposit must be completed within 60 days of account opening to earn the bonus miles. Initial 10,000 bonus miles will be deposited in your OnePass account 6-10 weeks after the initial direct deposit has posted to the new account. Limit one personal checking account-related award/premium per customer, per calendar year. Limit one 10,000 bonus miles per checking account. Offer not available on account conversions or in combination with any other offer. Account is subject to approval. Chase CheckingSM is available only at Chase branded branches.

The Chase Continental Airlines Preferred Debit Card has an annual fee of $65. If you choose the lower fee option with the Chase Continental Airlines Debit Card with a fee of $25 you earn 1 mile for every $2 in qualifying purchases.

2The second 11,000 bonus OnePass miles will be credited to the cardholder's OnePass account after the first qualifying purchase is made. You can also add up to three additional cards for others on your joint checking account and pay no additional annual fees. Plus each new cardholder will receive 2,500 bonus OnePass miles. Please allow 6-10 weeks after your first qualifying purchase for bonus OnePass miles to post to your OnePass account.

UPDATE TO SHOW LINK TO NEW OFFER OF 25,000 MILES

https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_n..._Consumer_9938

Last edited by yuel; Jan 9, 2011 at 7:10 pm
Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:00 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Thanks, OP! Will go and look into it now!

Halothane
Old Jan 7, 2009, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Too bad you can't open the account online. It requires you to go into a Chase branch not a WaMu branch. Dang!!!
Old Jan 8, 2009, 7:13 am

Is it possible to do "churning" this offer? I opened with 20k CO miles last May, and still has that chase account. It passed over 6 months, so I can close without any penalty or something. Can I re-open it and get the 21k offer again? T&C (at the Banker Instructions part) says " Certificate is good for one time use (cannot be used multiple times)."
Old Jan 8, 2009, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Is it possible to do "churning" this offer? I opened with 20k CO miles last May, and still has that chase account. It passed over 6 months, so I can close without any penalty or something. Can I re-open it and get the 21k offer again? T&C (at the Banker Instructions part) says " Certificate is good for one time use (cannot be used multiple times)."
I have open it twice, got 17,500 miles in sept 2007, closed it dec 2007, open one in feb 2008 closed it june 2008, denied in opening one in july 2008, teller said i can only open one account a year. So i will try again in 2009 whenever i am close enough to a branch.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by yuel
I have open it twice, got 17,500 miles in sept 2007, closed it dec 2007, open one in feb 2008 closed it june 2008, denied in opening one in july 2008, teller said i can only open one account a year. So i will try again in 2009 whenever i am close enough to a branch.
Great. I'll go cancel current account first. Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Great. I'll go cancel current account first. Thanks.
Would you have to close your current account first? There's no reason someone can't have multiple checking accounts at the same bank, is there?

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jan 8, 2009, 1:08 pm

Direct deposit solution

It has been my recent experience that Chase no longer recognizes ING transfers as direct deposits. Others have reported problems with Pay Pal qualifying. I found an easy solution with Intuit payroll http://payroll.intuit.com/ They offer six month free, so now anyone can be an "employer" and do their own direct deposits free!
Old Jan 8, 2009, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
Would you have to close your current account first? There's no reason someone can't have multiple checking accounts at the same bank, is there?
Thanks for the advice. I have only one job, only one direct deposit (didn't try to split, though.) And this checking account requires direct deposit, or multiple bills which is quite cumbersome, so I'd better cancel.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Its right in the terms & conditions...

First Paragraph of Terms & Conditions:
"Limit one personal checking account-related award/premium per customer, per calendar year."

My question is, has any figured out how to do the initial funding with a Chase Credit Card?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by terockwo
First Paragraph of Terms & Conditions:
"Limit one personal checking account-related award/premium per customer, per calendar year."

My question is, has any figured out how to do the initial funding with a Chase Credit Card?
Cash advance at the banks atm?

peace,
~Ben~
I have maintain my initinal United checking account, and churn through my continental checking account. If the teller ask why i am opening a second checking account, in which they have always asked me, is I want to earn onepass miles and not United Mileage miles.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 2:53 pm

which check card?

last year's discussion about this offer has way too many pages (even though i've read it at one point), so could maybe someone confirm that the lower annual fee card also qualifies for the bonus?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 2:55 pm

You can have several. Even for no reason, if you'd like. But if they ask and you want to have a good answer, say you want to keep better track of your expenses and keep certain things separate.

Or have one account for online shopping for security.

:-)
Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mirobatka
last year's discussion about this offer has way too many pages (even though i've read it at one point), so could maybe someone confirm that the lower annual fee card also qualifies for the bonus?
Looks like they change which card qualifies.

"Get another 11,000 bonus miles2 and earn 1 mile for every $1 in qualifying purchases3 with the Chase Continental Airlines Preferred Debit Card for a $65 annual fee per checking account."
Old Jan 9, 2009, 9:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Whenever I've opened additional accounts, I just say I need to pay bills from a separate account, or want to save for Christmas. They never really blink at people who have multiple accounts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.