Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Citi Let's Me in From AA Cold- New 40K Bus AA MC !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Let's Me in From AA Cold- New 40K Bus AA MC !

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:01 am

So the biz card rules hold true:

You applied for Citi AA Biz MC October 2010 and got rejected.
You Applied Citi AA Biz MC again in Jan 2011 (90+ days later) got approved.

That is the general consensus for Citi AA Biz cards. Nothing new there.

Then we come to the muddled waters of the Citi AA Pers MC. This is a scatter shot at best.

I have seen people get denied by climbing the ladder MC->Visa->Amex.

Also the timing is all different, 6 months, 8 months, 10 months. Everybody has a different experience.

Also people have gotten all 3 at the same time.

So we can add this to the Citi AA random-izer application approval methodology.

Congrats!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
So the biz card rules hold true:

You applied for Citi AA Biz MC October 2010 and got rejected.
You Applied Citi AA Biz MC again in Jan 2011 (90+ days later) got approved.

That is the general consensus for Citi AA Biz cards. Nothing new there.

Then we come to the muddled waters of the Citi AA Pers MC. This is a scatter shot at best.

I have seen people get denied by climbing the ladder MC->Visa->Amex.

Also the timing is all different, 6 months, 8 months, 10 months. Everybody has a different experience.

Also people have gotten all 3 at the same time.

So we can add this to the Citi AA random-izer application approval methodology.

Congrats!
don't forget the people who got 2 75k VISAs or AMEXs instead of one of each
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:04 am

Hello,

Last year I got the Visa/Amex personal cards and a few months later the Visa business card. What's the current wisdom on how long I should wait before trying the MC personal?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by kilton
Hello,

Last year I got the Visa/Amex personal cards and a few months later the Visa business card. What's the current wisdom on how long I should wait before trying the MC personal?
Usually about 18 months for personal.

Biz to be determined.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
"App Received" on both the personal AA Visa, and the HHonor.

I'd really like the HHonor since there's no annual fee and you get Silver HHonor for life, until they change the terms.

If I get the biz (seems done) and the Hilton, I'll be happy. Three would be amazing, agreed.
Please update us on the outcome of the 2 personal cards.

I too, agree the HHonor is good to keep for its no fee / basic status nature. The AMEX HHonor also has a no fee version but that seems to be gone now.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Please update us on the outcome of the 2 personal cards.

I too, agree the HHonor is good to keep for its no fee / basic status nature. The AMEX HHonor also has a no fee version but that seems to be gone now.
No word yet on either. Any idea how soon I should hear, and via what method the info will come?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No word yet on either. Any idea how soon I should hear, and via what method the info will come?
Which Step you have reached on the AA personal application?

If you only reached Step 3, I would think you should have received the denial by now - it usually comes within 2 business days. Check your spam folder may be?

HHonor might still be approved - given that you are allowed to apply 2 Citi cards every 60+ days, with the subset restriction that there must be 90+ days apart between 2 biz cards applications.

So you should be fine with 1 biz and 1 personal in that 60+ days period.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't really pay attention to the steps. Sorry.

I just got a call from Citibank. They wanted to verify my income. Fine. Verified. Done. But I'm not sure if that was on the card that was already approved, or one of the others. I didn't really want to ask. So we'll see what comes.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Happy
The AMEX HHonor also has a no fee version but that seems to be gone now.
Still available: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-3-months.html
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
My step dad got a pre-approval from AA Visa and got instantly approved. He got a card 10 months before.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't really pay attention to the steps. Sorry.

I just got a call from Citibank. They wanted to verify my income. Fine. Verified. Done. But I'm not sure if that was on the card that was already approved, or one of the others. I didn't really want to ask. So we'll see what comes.
Step 3 was the screen that informed you application received, but then stopped right there without going further to let you customize your preference such as online access, bill pay etc. If it lets you to customize stuff, then it has reached to Step 5 - the Step is shown on the top of the screen as you progress thru the application process. If you receive a Ref ID at the final screen, it is almost certain you will get it. If you do not receive a Ref ID on the final screen, it is 50/50 even if it lets you to customize your stuff. Of course that is based on history up to a few months ago. Whatever is now, I dont have latest data.

If historical data remain true, then HHonor is somehow separated from the other Citicards and does not seem to be included to the 2/60 count. But the data is several years old.

It looks to me you would get approved because enough time has passed and you still have not gotten a denial but a phone call to verify income. Logic says the bank would not call to verify your income on an already approved card, nor on an application that would be denied.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 12, 2012 at 9:18 am Reason: Add HHonor info
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Results are in:

CitiBusiness AA MC - Got it, surprisingly large credit line

Citi Hilton - Got a letter saying it'll be here in a week - pretty decent credit line

Citi AA Visa - Denied: "You have submitted multiple applications for credit." I did have this card before, but cancelled it a while ago.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:26 am
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Originally Posted by UA Fan
My step dad got a pre-approval from AA Visa and got instantly approved. He got a card 10 months before.
Which offer did he apply for? The one he was sent that was pre-approved or another link? I am holding waiting to see when to pull the trigger. I rec'd both 75k personal & bus visa in Sept 2010. Cancel both in Sept 2011. I was thinking I needed to wait 18 months from the time I applied to be safe. Or if it from the time you cancel? Seems like I remember it being applied date.
Any insights would be appreciated.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi thanks for this good thread and it inspired my inquiries: I applied for the Citi AA Personal Visa/AE in Aug 2010 and Citi AA Business Visa in Nov 2010. I have now cancelled the AE and Business Visa (still have the personal Visa). Wonder if I can get into this, applying for both the Personal and Business AA MC?

Or I am about 18 months away from my last personal application (not my business application), should I wait another two months to make the 18 months gap and apply for the Citi AA Personal Visa/AE again to get 50k instead.

If someone just recently applied for this Citi AA MC, can he/she applied for the personal AA Visa again or they are treated the same so apply one would make the other application denied? Thanks for all the great help.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, ClubCarlson, AAdvantage, BA Avios, US Dividend Miles, UA MileagePlus, Delta SkyPesos
I've tried to get the Visa & Amex at 18 months from last approval and failed. That was a little over 60 days ago. Today, I was approved for the AAdvantage Mastercard. Since Citi was pulling my credit anyway, and it looks like ThankYou points soon may be transferable to Avios, I doubled up on Citi 50k Premier card. Citi let me in from the cold, too, but I wasn't in the cold as long as the OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.