45,000 Delta Skymiles for AMEX, expires 12/31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

45,000 Delta Skymiles for AMEX, expires 12/31

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
Pushed "I'll receive in mail." and then was directly taken the American Express log in page.
I pushed the Accept button there. It brought me to the confirmation page after.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 1:48 pm

On the Likelihood of Receiving 90,000 Miles

I called American Express today to confirm whether or not we will get 90,000 bonus miles (45,000 + 45,000) for applying and being approved and meeting the spending thresholds for both the personal and business cards. The agent said that he felt confident that we would. He said that there is nothing in the terms of the agreement stating that this is specifically a new member or sign-up bonus. Instead, he said that this read as a spending bonus and that it should not matter whether we have previously had an Amex Delta Skymiles card or if we applied and were approved for both a personal and a business card.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 3:01 pm

Second Opinion

Called a second time. Spoke to a different person, who also consulted with their supervisor. They too said that the bonus appears to be linked only to the stipulation of meeting the spend requirement. So, as far as they could say, we should get 45,000 per card posted, for up to 90,000 per SkyMiles account, if you applied and were approved for both.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 3:20 pm

couldnt get the personal

I couldnt get the application to work, after weeks of trying, I called and got someone to look into it. They couldnt get the personal promotion, but hooked me up with a business promotion that offered 45k for 3k spend and also gave me an extra 5k for adding 2 cards for employees...so 50K!!!
waiting to call the main confirmation # 1-800-567-1083

I'm tempted to see if I can find someone to take my personal application, but with 2 personal and 1 business card already I dont want to get the "too many cards denial"...will wait until I answer further questions and confirm the new business card.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by bpbenda
Called a second time. Spoke to a different person, who also consulted with their supervisor. They too said that the bonus appears to be linked only to the stipulation of meeting the spend requirement. So, as far as they could say, we should get 45,000 per card posted, for up to 90,000 per SkyMiles account, if you applied and were approved for both.
they are good at screwing you over at the end ; you will get difft results from each supervisor or agent. caveat emptor.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
It looks like they have extended this offer again. I went to the page -- http://deltaamexlimitedtimeoffer.com/ -- and now the counter says offer expires in 64 days, 23 hours, etc. That would be early March.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by onthego15
It looks like they have extended this offer again. I went to the page -- http://deltaamexlimitedtimeoffer.com/ -- and now the counter says offer expires in 64 days, 23 hours, etc. That would be early March.
Just went there and it said this offer has expired. Do you have a new link?
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Must have a been some sort of glitch last night, as now the offer says expired.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by onthego15
offer has expired!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
So glad I got into this on my "day of miles" Thursday (in a little over 24 hours, did the SunTrust and Biz AMEX offers for Delta for me, with Mrs FTF as added card member on both, and personal and Chase CO debit offers for both self and Mrs FTF. And then to cap it off, Big Fish games for AA for both of us. I'm exhausted.)

WRT all the questions about spending bonus vs new members, what I heard from my agent does conflict with the offer being valid for existing card members. He said that current members weren't valid for the offer (which I thought was generally the case) and that having a card in the last 2 years was the cutoff.

FTF
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:30 am

Probably common knowledge to all, but an application for Personal and Business within minutes of each other still resulted in two hard credit pulls.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 10:06 pm

how can i confirm that i have this offer on my account? i received the card and i applied through the link but I want to be sure I have it.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by bholaladka
how can i confirm that i have this offer on my account? i received the card and i applied through the link but I want to be sure I have it.
call and ask CSR what offer is tied to account. doing so when you activate card would be most convenient.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:22 am

US Mint coin run

Has anyone tried fulfilling the spending requirement by getting the US Mint coins? I remember seeing in the member policy that "cash equivalents" do not count towards rewards.

I wouldn't ordinarily have trouble spending $3k in 3 months, but have been sick for the past month, which really made a dent in my spending since I've been under virtual house arrest for the past 3 or 4 weekends
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gl331
Has anyone tried fulfilling the spending requirement by getting the US Mint coins? I remember seeing in the member policy that "cash equivalents" do not count towards rewards.

I wouldn't ordinarily have trouble spending $3k in 3 months, but have been sick for the past month, which really made a dent in my spending since I've been under virtual house arrest for the past 3 or 4 weekends
yes, you can use this card for coins

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.