Miles for Nothing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for Nothing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: Food Lion MVP
@Ant4fatony, signup for the new amazon payments system. Make sure you verify your email and bank account asap. Then, arrange a transfer partner (wife,sister,brother,friend) to also setup a amazon payments account (make sure they verify both email and bank account). After you both have your accounts setup you can send this person 1,000.00 per month. You receive 1000 miles on your mileage credit card, then that person withdraws the money and gives it back to you(very important). lol rinse and repeat (once a month)

As of today amazon is not charging the sender or receiver of these funds, but that could change anytime ... especially with people abusing the service by setting up multiple accounts. Word of advice, setup one account, stick to the 1,000 maximum per month, and you should be fine until amazon changes the terms of the deal or your credit card company closes your account

Easy 12,000 miles / yr
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by MYRflyer
@Ant4fatony, signup for the new amazon payments system. Make sure you verify your email and bank account asap. Then, arrange a transfer partner (wife,sister,brother,friend) to also setup a amazon payments account (make sure they verify both email and bank account). After you both have your accounts setup you can send this person 1,000.00 per month. You receive 1000 miles on your mileage credit card, then that person withdraws the money and gives it back to you(very important). lol rinse and repeat (once a month)

As of today amazon is not charging the sender or receiver of these funds, but that could change anytime ... especially with people abusing the service by setting up multiple accounts. Word of advice, setup one account, stick to the 1,000 maximum per month, and you should be fine until amazon changes the terms of the deal or your credit card company closes your account

Easy 12,000 miles / yr
Don't get excited that this will last too long. They'll be charging soon. Also, my wife's account and mine have been frozen. Good luck.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:50 pm

FYI people are reporting amazon closing their account despite supposedly following the T&C.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 7:28 am

To paraphrase an old Dire Straits song:

"miles for nothing,
and chicks for free?"

where do I sign up?
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
no such thing as free miles, but

when airlines lose your bag (delta is a good example) for a signifigant amount of time, you can push them hard by claiming you'll go to another FF program. You may get miles out of it. I recently got 20k from Delta for this.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by docr775
To paraphrase an old Dire Straits song:

"miles for nothing,
and chicks for free?"

where do I sign up?
'miles for nothing,
& credit cards for free'....
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:45 pm

AlohaDaveKennedy: volunteering for AMEX Membership Rewards? I didn’t understand that. What will be its criteria?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 5:52 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by Cathy Duncan
AlohaDaveKennedy: volunteering for AMEX Membership Rewards? I didn’t understand that. What will be its criteria?
Applying for the card perhaps?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: Several dozen
AMEX and Volunteering

See the press release at http://about.americanexpress.com/news/pr/2010/mp10.aspx

Originally Posted by ffI
Applying for the card perhaps?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: Several dozen
That's the Way You Do It

I want my, I want my, I want my MR Free!

Originally Posted by saad
'miles for nothing,
& credit cards for free'....
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
The AA eShopping toolbar allows you to earn miles for doing Yahoo! searches on the web. Three web searches = 1 mile, with a max of 100 mi per month.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: United: 1K
Originally Posted by Cathy Duncan
From the press release:

"volunteer their time to a worthy cause and get rewarded through Membership Rewards® Bonus Points certificates"
Old Oct 13, 2010, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kebosabi
The AA eShopping toolbar allows you to earn miles for doing Yahoo! searches on the web. Three web searches = 1 mile, with a max of 100 mi per month.
it doesn't work most of the time....i am yet to see miles from searches conducted earlier this year....
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by saad
it doesn't work most of the time....i am yet to see miles from searches conducted earlier this year....
I have seen like 6 miles from it. Then again I tend to use google to do searches.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I have seen like 6 miles from it. Then again I tend to use google to do searches.
that's 6 miles more than me....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.