Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today Only: 25k Delta bonus miles for $500 Skymall purchase

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by WonderDude
The 25k showed up in my SkyMiles account yesterday...my SkyMall purchase was on 8/31, btw.

I called Delta a week ago, since SkyMall claimed "the miles were sent over to them already." The Delta rep I spoke with created an "action item" that he "sent over to Sky Miles headquarters for followup." It sure sounded like the 'ol pass-the-buck game!

This promo was a bit of a hassle, but the 25k bonus was a pretty good deal. I guess the benefit of Delta and SkyMall running a loose ship was that I was able to slip in a 10% off discount code on the order and still get the bonus miles.
so it sounds like it took a week from the creation of the "action item" to get the miles posted. my personal "action item" was created on the 9th, so i guess i won't see the miles until next week. of course everything they do defies logic so i am not holding my breath.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:59 am

I also received my miles (purchased on 8/31). I had contacted Skymiles weeks ago only to hear miles were sent to Delta, but I didn't contact Delta after that. Glad they posted without too much follow up at least in my case.

I think despite the obvious hassle this deal was still worth it. But anything less than this many miles, I wouldn't bother dealing with Delta promotions again...
Old Nov 12, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: AA ExP
Miles posted

My 25K posted yesterday with zero hassle. I never called or emailed. I'm guessing, however, that I reaped the fruit of some of y'all's insistence.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:06 am

Mine and my family's posted as well. I had called in 2 weeks ago and spoke to a CSR who put in a request that the miles be credited, perhaps that helped.
Also, some items were discontinued and brough my total to below $500, but they still honored the order and gave the miles.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Blue Skye
so it sounds like it took a week from the creation of the "action item" to get the miles posted. my personal "action item" was created on the 9th, so i guess i won't see the miles until next week. of course everything they do defies logic so i am not holding my breath.
still no miles. called again yesterday they promised me my bonus miles by the weekend. this makes the 3rd phonecall about this. not sure where the real problem is in this but wish they would just post the miles.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 7:32 am

finally got my miles however i think DL and/or SkyMall is not exactly giving me the correct miles.

AFAIK, when you shop at SkyMall going through the DL site link, you are to earn 5 miles/$ spent. in addition to that i thought the wording on the SM site was that you ALSO would receive 25K bonus miles for spending $500.

according to what posted to my acct, i got 2532 (5 X $506.40) and 22468. which does total up to 25K but where exactly did they tell me that i would NOT get the 5 miles/$ spent? (yes, i know i am complaining about not getting ~ 2500 miles.) going to search up thread to see if i missed that in the T&C.

anyone have insight about this? did anyone who actually rec'd the proper miles have this same thing post in their acct? TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.