Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Triple Miles on Chase BA Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Triple Miles on Chase BA Card

Just received in today's mail: an announcement to the effect that triple miles will be awarded for 'eligible' purchases on my BA VISA, 10K cap on bonus pm. Effective dates September 1-October 31 2010.

No mention if the 'triple miles' means 3m/$1 OR triple the miles I usually receive ie 3x1.25m/$1. Guess I'll have to get that clarified.

Looks like a targeted offer - my account number is specifically mentioned. My lady wife, who has a BA card of her own, didn't receive the offer.

Darn - just as I was working on the $10K target on my new Citi AA card.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Received the same offer. ^
Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:47 am

According to Chase, triple miles means the normal 1.25 miles per dollar spent, plus an additional 2.5 bonus miles. You'll need to spend $4K per month to amass the maximum number of bonus miles.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 11:13 am

Evidently it's targeted & "Unfortunately I am unable to enroll this account into this promotion, since you were not selected to participate"

Timeframe: September 1, 2010 through October 31, 2010 bonus miles promotion.

They didn't clarify if its 3 miles per $ or 3.75 & 7.5 miles per $ (non-BA & BA spend)
Old Aug 29, 2010, 11:59 am

Was this a physical mailing or an email? I'm not in the US right now so can't check my mail but would like to find out if I was 'selected to participate' and so if it was a physical mailing, I'll message Chase to ask.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

@ abcx: snail mail. I didn't see a thing about the promotion on either Chase's or BA's website.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 3:52 pm

Just go mine in the mail yesterday. Says triple miles from Sept. 1st-Oct.31st.

I assume it means 1.25 x 3 miles per dollar spend, up to a max of 10,000 bonus miles per month.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Who is targeted

For those lucky enough to be targeted, can you please give us an idea of your usage of this card? (I.e., spend a lot every month, spent to get the bonus then abandoned usage, etc.)

I hope I'm targeted but there is really isn't reason I should be...just qualified for the 30K Companion Pass and will now discontinue use of the card, but Chase doesn't know that.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
For those lucky enough to be targeted, can you please give us an idea of your usage of this card? (I.e., spend a lot every month, spent to get the bonus then abandoned usage, etc.)

I hope I'm targeted but there is really isn't reason I should be...just qualified for the 30K Companion Pass and will now discontinue use of the card, but Chase doesn't know that.
Have about 1.5-2K spend monthly on the card - hit the 30K threshold (owing to a large purchase) a couple of months back. Been using the card regularly. Been targeted for all BA Chase promotions this year.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Just got the mailing today with terms the same as everyone else. I've put 2 semesters of tuition on there since getting it last November, as well as using it for the 10k promotion from April-June. Working towards the 30k spend as well, so it's been my backup card for when I don't have other thresholds to meet (which, hasn't been very often this year).

Edit: I sent a secure message to Chase asking for clarification on # of miles/$ earned. I'll report back when I get a response.

Last edited by dinosims; Aug 30, 2010 at 8:54 pm
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I wonder if this promotion will be like the recent Chase/BA 10,000 miles bonus offer....where I received notification about two weeks before the promo ended
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:00 pm

See my post above for the meaning of "triple miles", as per an email from Chase.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:46 am
Original Poster

<<can you please give us an idea of your usage of this card? >>

Quite regularly. I'm right at the cusp of hitting the $30K target.

Once one's $30K is in the bag, the inducement to keep using one's BA card is lessened. Could it be the folks at Chase/BA are throwing out a sweetener to keep one using their card?

I recently acquired a AAAdvantage 100K card also, with its 12 month/ $10K target, and opened an AA account at the same time. I wonder if, by some mysterious means, Chase/BA has learned of this, and has targeted me as a means of competing for my spend.

Just conjecturing.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
It wouldn't really be that mysterious - all they'd have to do is pull a credit report (which I believe they can do soft pulls every so often without notification) and the new Citi accounts would show up.

I also recently opened Citi/AA accounts.

Also, Chase confirmed what grlmopz said upthread: 3.75 miles/$1
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:03 am
Original Poster

<<Also, Chase confirmed what grlmopz said upthread: 3.75 miles/$1>>

So - if one is still working on one's companion pass, effectively 5 miles/$1.

Might be worth getting after one's Christmas shopping early, during the promo period!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.