[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL GM
I finally got a paper letter telling me that because the terms and conditions of the card had changed, my application for a Citi Biz card was denied and I would have to re-apply. Can I re-apply for the 50k bonus biz card now, or do I have to wait 65 days from when I last applied to avoid an auto-ding?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
Application expired

Hi,

I just got a letter that the application was expired it's been 30 days since I applied for this bonus and they asked for a utility bill and to sign an IRA form.
I did all of those a day after I got notified.

I called the reps and they told me the offer expired so they canceled the application, is there anything I can do about that? when I applied the promotion was active...

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: Depends on the card offers :)
Quick churning question. I applied for the AA Citi card awhile back when it was 75k for (I think) a $1500 spend. My normal strategy with this type of card would be to cancel it as close to the year date as possible to avoid the annual fee on year 2 (but still keep the card as long as possible before that for FICO measures like "age of accounts").

Does the 18 month re-application date apply to the date the card was opened or the date the card was canceled?

If it is the canceled date, I should really cancel it ASAP, yes?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
I finally got a paper letter telling me that because the terms and conditions of the card had changed, my application for a Citi Biz card was denied and I would have to re-apply. Can I re-apply for the 50k bonus biz card now, or do I have to wait 65 days from when I last applied to avoid an auto-ding?
Yes, you can re-apply for the new 50k biz card now
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by cacohenassaf
Hi,

I just got a letter that the application was expired it's been 30 days since I applied for this bonus and they asked for a utility bill and to sign an IRA form.
I did all of those a day after I got notified.

I called the reps and they told me the offer expired so they canceled the application, is there anything I can do about that? when I applied the promotion was active...

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.
you can apply the new 50k biz card.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by JordyC
Quick churning question. I applied for the AA Citi card awhile back when it was 75k for (I think) a $1500 spend. My normal strategy with this type of card would be to cancel it as close to the year date as possible to avoid the annual fee on year 2 (but still keep the card as long as possible before that for FICO measures like "age of accounts").

Does the 18 month re-application date apply to the date the card was opened or the date the card was canceled?

If it is the canceled date, I should really cancel it ASAP, yes?
application date, not cancel date.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
:)

Originally Posted by allanfan
you can apply the new 50k biz card.
Will it create another credit hit on my report?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:33 am

Just had my last 75,000 post today (and today was the statement close day). This was on a $1500 Visa Business card. Nice to see my AA balance go up unexpectedly, I thought it would be sometime next week.

Have people had recent success churning the business card at 90 day intervals? I read that many have been having problems, so I don't know if I should try for it in a month or so.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: All of the Above
The Mrs. just had her last 75K post on a Biz card today also. I applied a couple days before the links disappeared, had to go to underwriters, and still haven't gotten the rejection letter "This offer is expired" others have gotten.

Fingers crossed I'll slip in under the cracks, but not likely.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: No longer traveling :-( HH Gold; AA Gold (1MM)- thx to FlyerTalk :-)
my last 75k finally hit. too bad i am still too far away from 2mm to make a difference, but 75k miles is still 75k miles
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:37 pm

Statement closed on 9/2 and got 75k miles posted today for biz card after $1500 spending.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:14 am

statement closed 10/24, 75k miles posted 11/2
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by supergrandslam
Follow up my previous post on Oct 19th.
OK, I got a Biz card today, activated it and its bonus was confirmed.
Even if it is just 40K/$1K, it is better than nothing though.
As a data point, my biz card was approved on Oct 19th and its 1st statement date is Nov 2nd.
Ok, I just spent $1k now, hopefully I will get 40K bonus before Million Miler dead line......
Originally Posted by excalibur713
Grandslam: you should be fine. My miles, including bonuses, from the 75000 promotion have posted almost immediately without any need to follow up on the issue. Good work on Citi/AA's part. ^
Citi AA business master card
Statement closed on 11/2 and miles/bonus posted on 11/4
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Citi AAdvantage Business - NON Virgin App

Several questions and observations:

1. What is the current best offer for a Citi AAdvantage Business card for a NON first time applicant?

2. Can anyone confirm that the first time applicant language is being applied and causing denials for the business products?

3. What is the current status of churning Citi AADV Biz? Still 90 days between apps?

4. Does the 2 browser trick work with simultaneous Citi AADV Biz apps?

5. JMitchell may want to update post #2 as this appears to be THE default Citi AADV thread despite others.

6. Will pass answer to #1 on to UA fan requesting it be distinguished in the best offers thread.

As always, thanks for a great thread to all.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by allanfan
application date, not cancel date.
I had two cards that I cancelled and thought that after 6 months I could reapply but found out that wasn't the case and was rejected. So do I have to wait 18 months after my original approved application or 18 months after my rejected application?

Thx.

Last edited by deadmeat; Nov 7, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.