Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by stupidzbu

Well that was fast & easy. Applied last month, statement closed on 8/4
Yup. I applied the beginning of July. Wife got Amex and Visa, and I got Visa and Biz card. We met the spending on all of them within about 2 weeks, and then the statements starting closing. We've already received 150K+ miles EACH!

For all those that haven't done it yet, first, read post #2. 2nd, this deal could end tonight, tomorrow, or 2012. There's no telling. So if you don't want to risk the credit pull, or can't meet the spending requirements, move on.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:57 pm

I just applied for both cards and got approved for both. I used the links on the first page. However, it showed that I received the Citi® Gold / AAdvantage® Visa card. Is this still fine?

As for the Citi Select® / AAdvantage® American Express® card, its the correct card.

Looking at both of the card details, it says the annual fee is $85.00 and I don't see any mention of it being waived for both cards on the webpage. Should I worry?
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by DavidAL
Yup. I applied the beginning of July. Wife got Amex and Visa, and I got Visa and Biz card. We met the spending on all of them within about 2 weeks, and then the statements starting closing. We've already received 150K+ miles EACH!

For all those that haven't done it yet, first, read post #2. 2nd, this deal could end tonight, tomorrow, or 2012. There's no telling. So if you don't want to risk the credit pull, or can't meet the spending requirements, move on.
I was stupid to not apply for the AMEX at the same time ... I did 24 hours later and was rejected
Old Aug 6, 2011, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by NYmetsfan111
I just applied for both cards and got approved for both. I used the links on the first page. ...
Looking at both of the card details, it says the annual fee is $85.00 and I don't see any mention of it being waived for both cards on the webpage. Should I worry?
No, you're fine. First year is free.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
No, you're fine. First year is free.
Ok thanks but what about getting a Citi Gold card instead of the Platinum that was listed on the link?
Old Aug 6, 2011, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok thanks but what about getting a Citi Gold card instead of the Platinum that was listed on the link?
As long as you applied through the correct link in Post No.2, you will still get the same bonus even if you dont meet the minimum credit line requirement on the Plat card and got a gold card instead.

Citi (as well as Chase) are very good in honoring the original offers you applied for.

Same cannot be said with both BofA and Barclays - those are the 2 that would stiff people with inferior bonus with a downgraded card.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone tried getting BOTH business cards ($4k & 1.5k limit)?? Or is that a big no-no
a big no-no. you might risk not getting any because business cards seem to go through manual scrutiny more often than not.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
As long as you applied through the correct link in Post No.2, you will still get the same bonus even if you dont meet the minimum credit line requirement on the Plat card and got a gold card instead.

Citi (as well as Chase) are very good in honoring the original offers you applied for.

Same cannot be said with both BofA and Barclays - those are the 2 that would stiff people with inferior bonus with a downgraded card.
Thanks Happy. Do you know what the minimum income to get a Platinum card?
For the BOA cards, that is why I am hesitant about applying since I'm a recent college grad.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
Thanks Happy. Do you know what the minimum income to get a Platinum card?
For the BOA cards, that is why I am hesitant about applying since I'm a recent college grad.
It's different for each bank. Also, it's not necessarily a matter of income, but how much credit a bank is willing to grant you (based upon income, credit score, etc.). For example, when I applied for my Citi AA Visa, I did not get immediately approved, but was told to call an application number. I called the number and was told by the represenative that they could approve the card and give me the platinum Visa if they moved $3,000 of the credit limit from another Citibank card I've held for over a decade (and rarely use now). The Citi AA platinum Visa requires at least a $5,000 credit limit.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
Speaking of meeting spending requirements....very easy, guys:

open investment account at www.lendingclub.com

you can deposit by credit card(via payal) $250-$5000. Invest or withdraw money to your checking account and get points/miles/cash back for it!! no fees whatsoever.

You can only do credit card deposits until you link and verify checking acct info (if ever). payment is processed by paypal wich is treated at regular purchase by CC company.

If you need a link to sign up (you get $100 via referral if you decide to invest) - PM me.

Last edited by alexkgtu; Aug 6, 2011 at 6:07 pm
Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Happy
a big no-no. you might risk not getting any because business cards seem to go through manual scrutiny more often than not.
good to know
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
Can I use the amazon payment to met the 4k spending requirement. Also, is the AMEX personal manage by american express or Citi? I recently got fiancial review by AMEX, so I cannot apply for their card.

Last edited by Love_to_Travels; Aug 6, 2011 at 11:12 pm
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:01 pm

good to know
Agreed. One of the few useful facts from the last dozen or so pages. This thread is horrible in terms of signal-to-noise ratio.

The Visa $1500/75k link seems pretty flaky after trying it a bunch of times recently. It seems to only load half or less of the time. I hope that's temporary and not a sign that it's being discontinued.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Love_to_Travels
Can I use the amazon payment to met the 4k spending requirement.

You need to read the following blogs from Million mile secrets very carefully

Fast-Track Your Credit Card Sign-Up Bonus With Amazon Payments

40+ Powerful Ways To Complete Your Credit Card Minimum Spending Requirements
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Love_to_Travels
Can I use the amazon payment to met the 4k spending requirement. Also, is the AMEX personal manage by american express or Citi? I recently got fiancial review by AMEX, so I cannot apply for their card.
It is a Citi card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.