Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gce
just activated my new card. now my question is, how do i link it to my (currently non-existent aa.com account)?
What do you mean?

There is no link need to be done. Unless you mean to add the card to your AAdvantage profile so you can pay with your AA purchase without typing in your card info. Otherwise not sure what you need to do?

If you are talking about online access to your card - it is Citicards.com to register your card, not aa.com.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Happy
What do you mean?

There is no link need to be done. Unless you mean to add the card to your AAdvantage profile so you can pay with your AA purchase without typing in your card info. Otherwise not sure what you need to do?

If you are talking about online access to your card - it is Citicards.com to register your card, not aa.com.
Thank you for your clarification.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:40 am

Approved for VISA but not the AMEX

I just did this for myself and wife. My wife got instant approval on both with a CL of 20K on both. I got an instant approval on the Visa with 20K CL but not Amex which went to review. The only other personal Amex cards I have is a Delta skymiles (besides a mandatory corporate Amex from my company that I rarely use).

Do I call citi tomorrow morning about the Amex. Will my approved Visa not show up and thus the CSR would decline the Amex?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:17 am

FWIW, I applied for both last week. Got instantly approved for AMEX but the VISA was under review. I decided to wait it out and after a couple of days I got an approval email for the VISA approval.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:07 am
gce

Unless you mean to add the card to your AAdvantage profile so you can pay with your AA purchase without typing in your card info.
that's what i mean. these are my first reward points so i don't have an aadvantage account. however, when i try and sign up, it says that i already have an account. was one created automatically when i signed up for the card?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:19 am

Still going...

As of this morning the 75K AA business card with $1500 in 6 months is still kicking!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by gce
that's what i mean. these are my first reward points so i don't have an aadvantage account. however, when i try and sign up, it says that i already have an account. was one created automatically when i signed up for the card?
I'm pretty sure I remember the application saying that if you didn't have an AA number, they would get you a new one. If you applied for two cards on the same day, you very well may have two new AA numbers now. I think AA can merge them without an issue, but I've never dealt with that. I'm assuming you'll have an AA number on your card when you get it in the mail. I think I remember the app saying to put in 999999 if you had a number, but wanted to add it on later. So, I'm assuming they can change the number later if needed.

Probably would have been best to just sign up for AAdvantage before the apps, that way you wouldn't have to leave an important field blank on the application.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gce
Yes. If you didn't provide it, they'll create it.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Not enough time to have it fallen off the system.
Happy, thanks for all the valuable info you help provide.

In re-applying for the bus card, what amount of time between cancellation and re-application do you recommend?

My original AA bus card card was canceled last week and is also showing as canceled in my online Citi Account Manager.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by edbyu
Happy, thanks for all the valuable info you help provide.

In re-applying for the bus card, what amount of time between cancellation and re-application do you recommend?

My original AA bus card card was canceled last week and is also showing as canceled in my online Citi Account Manager.
I went through this same process, closed it out on a Thursday and then by Monday morning applied and I was approved instantly.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:53 am

no instant approval for me..called credit analyst and they said they have to go through process as i have citi visa and citi amex with them already so they have to review..credit report should be no problem as i applied for alaska air shortly afterwards on saturday and got approved by credit analyst.

hope it is just a matter of process as they did say answers are processed on the data base.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: AA, Lufthansa, United, Delta
As of July 25, the links in Post #2 still work

I applied for the personal Visa and had to chat with the CSR to get approved since I already have another Citi card, but was approved on the spot. She also verified the 75k miles/$1500 spending requirement terms.

I then applied for the AMEX and was approved instantly. I wasn't given the option of chatting online with a CSR so I couldn't verify the 75k miles/$4000 spending requirement, but I trust that it is. I'll verify when I get my card.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by gce
yes,when you sign up, you get one automatically.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:36 am

I signed DH up last week for both cards. I did the Visa first and got the "pending review" response. I immediately did the Amex next and same thing.
1 day later we got a denial email from AMEX saying it was a duplicate application.
2 days later we got a denial email from Visa.
3 days later we got a Visa approval letter in the mail. (yes after being denied!)
7 days later the actual Visa card came in the mail. Kinda hoping the Amex would come too but no such luck lol.

Trying to decide now if I should try for the Amex again. Its strange how some are able to get both and others aren't...
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:54 am

My last Citi AA Card was a Personal Visa approved in April 2011. Applied for the Business Visa on July 8, it was pending with a message to call for more information which I did. They just asked me to confirm my business name and address. On 11 July I got another email to call them for more info and I was asked to send 2 documents for proof of business and I sent an ADT bill and a bank statement. Sent that in the mail on the same day. Every other day I called the 1-800-645-7240 number to check status and it was pending up until July 23 when I called and the status was changed to card was approved on July 22. On the same day I got a letter in the mail saying they were unable to verify my business and/or home address and to call them at same 800 #. I called today and they just confirmed - again - my address and business name and 'Congratulations, you have been approved with a $1,000 credit limit. You also have 75,000 miles bonus after $1,500 spend within 6 months.' I asked about increasing the credit line and she gave me the # for Customer Service. I'll call them after I get the card.

Another 75,000 to look forward to!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.