Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:12 pm

I applied for the Citi Visa Business 1.5k and didn't get instantly approved.

I called Citi App Status phone # and it says "Unfortunately we can not approve your application at this time, you will receive something in the mail soon."

So I called Citi Recon and spoke to a rep and she said my app looked good and it was still processing?

Anyone ever heard of this before? What's going on
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:12 pm

Does anyone know if the time difference is linked to the application date/time or the approval date/time? I applied for two and got rejected for both (yay for being a student). I called them up and got one approved. I'm wondering if I need to call again today (and risk getting the same CSR) or I can wait a day.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by compddd

I called Citi App Status phone # and it says "Unfortunately we can not approve your application at this time, you will receive something in the mail soon."

So I called Citi Recon and spoke to a rep and she said my app looked good and it was still processing?

With the possible exception of AmEx, none of the cc company biz departments are quite up to the caliber of the personal divisions.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:38 pm

So in your opinion who do you think is right, the automated system or the rep I talked to?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by mikencheese
Just tried again for a business app and got the same page, after filling out the application

"The page you requested could not be located."
This has happened before. If approved, expect a card for every error app submitted.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:24 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sunnyface2011
I made up a business name , although in my envision for a future businees :-)

Did not read the post #2 carefully enough, missed the great idea using My own name as business name.

Any possibility to correct this and how?
Sure, register your business as a DBA, however your county requires. Then go to a local bank, set up an account in the business's name, and send some sort of proof of the account to Citi.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by compddd

Yes, I've heard of it before. I consider myself a semi- pro at the AA card applications now (having been approved shortly before churning was over) and having been mostly denied since.

Based on MY numerous experience with the phone status line and speaking with the reps, I think your application has been denied. The automated line has the most accurate information. You will get something in the mail stating the reasons for your denial.

For some reason, Citibank reps will not tell you over the phone if you've been denied. They just tell you it's processing (whether it is indeed still processing or denied). But once you call in, they can usually finish that processing. If you're denied, they'll say it's still processing. But if you call in the automated line, the status would then be reflected.

That make it more confusing than it needs to be rather than being upfront, huh? It is what it is. I find it entertaining personally even when I'm denied.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:26 pm

Actually I mis-typed, when I call the automated line it says "Your application has been processed, unfortunately at this time we are unable to approve your request, you will be receiving a letter from us shortly with additional information."

I asked to be notified by email for my application but I never received anything yet in email.

Any ideas/opinions? It doesn't mention account anywhere in the message.

Last edited by compddd; Jun 28, 2011 at 8:31 pm
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:29 pm

i apologize for asking this, if it has been answered already in this thread...

but does anyone know.... If my girlfriend applies for both the personal cards (visa and amex AA cards at teh same time) and gets approved for them, and gets the bonus miles.... can I put in my AAdvantage account number....or would it not allow it because my AA acct would have a different name than her credit card acct....

thanks....
budfrog.

it just makes it easier having all the miles in MY acct.... (again, im sort of new to AA miles....)
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:46 pm

Thanks a lot for the information.

Is it possible that I can call Citi to correct this by saying I fill in the wrong name?

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Sure, register your business as a DBA, however your county requires. Then go to a local bank, set up an account in the business's name, and send some sort of proof of the account to Citi.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:35 am

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by i3udfrog16
If my girlfriend applies for both the personal cards (visa and amex AA cards at teh same time) and gets approved for them, and gets the bonus miles.... can I put in my AAdvantage account number
No. She needs to put in her own AA#.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:49 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by i3udfrog16
If my girlfriend applies for both the personal cards (visa and amex AA cards at teh same time) and gets approved for them, and gets the bonus miles.... can I put in my AAdvantage account number....or would it not allow it because my AA acct would have a different name than her credit card acct...
Don't try this. It is a violation of AA's rules, among other things, almost certainly won't work and will probably cause big problems such as losing all your miles. Plus, it could set off the TSA folks like a rocket.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:14 am

Party over?

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
This has happened before. If approved, expect a card for every error app submitted.
Just called Citi and they did not get any of my applications (visa personal and visa business). I think this party is over. Please post if you have gotten anything through in the past few days.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by mikencheese
Just called Citi and they did not get any of my applications (visa personal and visa business). I think this party is over. Please post if you have gotten anything through in the past few days.
Instantly approved for Citi Personal and pending on Citi Business on Monday
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:40 am

Hi could anyone help me with the following for the Biz card application?

For the Citi AA Business card application, what should I use for the following 3 items:

Legal Name of Business: (my own name?)
Name of Business for Card: (my own name?)

Thanks a lot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.