Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tiki
Until I started trying for mileage earning ccs, I had one B of A Visa with a $5000 limit for 23 years with 100% on time payments. Even if I lived in the USA, this would be more than enough to support my everyday expenses. I had one other card that's still on my record but was cancelled about 18 years ago when they started charging a fee. Never had a mortgage or car loan in the USA. Never had bankruptcies, late payments, defaults or anything bad on my report. Now I have 3 cards, the B of A Visa, the Barclays US Mastercard and the Chase Priority Select, all of which have had transactions within the last 3 months. I charged something to the Chase card quickly to trigger the bonus before the statement goes out. There is nothing in my record to indicate that I wouldn't pay my bills on time, that is why it is so frustrating Citi won't even give me the minimum $1000 limit that I saw others getting.
What the banks want to see is a history with active usage of credits (preferably a mix of different kinds of credits) OVER TIME. Your profile is too "thin" with only 1 card over 20 years.

I understand your frustration. We are those who own the home free and clear, no car loan and only "revolving credit" type of credit history on our reports, pay in full every month. Yet, too often our friends who have loads of debts actually have higher credit scores than we do. (though ours are in the high 700's.) This is just how the system works unfortunately.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
Same thing happened to me when I applied for the Business card yesterday, no reference number, the message on the last screen only showed that the application had been received. The Personal went fine and I did receive the reference number at the end.

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Can anybody help?

Applied online & asked for instant approval notification. Received nothing by email (have a terrific credit score). When I called the number listed in post #2 (used the same link to apply), I was told they couldn't my status without an application #. I never received any application numbers. After I sent in my application, I got a screen that said thank you for your apllication. We will get back to you soon (or something along those lines).

The CSA said that a second pop-up window comes up that gives an application # in some cases. I didn't get this and haven't seen that posted. She said instant approval cases usually don't get it though since they are supposed to communicate via email.

I applied after hrs on Fri but still no email now. Anybody know any other numbers where my application can be checked w/o an application number?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:14 am

Has anyone successfully moved credit limits from a personal to a business card in order to increase the limit? Just wondering before I call up today...
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
posted earlier that me wife had been denied 2 75k citicards.
Well she just got her last denial but for her try at the 100k AMEX.

She did get the 100k AA citi visa. But for those of you who are curious what an online version of the denial letter looks like...

Information on Your Account
Citi® / AAdvantage® Card <[email protected]>

To: EMAIL

Card Member: PERSON
Card Ending In: 201XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Add [email protected] to your address book to ensure delivery.

REFERENCE NUMBER: 201XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear PERSON:

Why we're writing you
Thank you for applying for the Citi Select(R) / AAdvantage(R)
American Express(R) account.

Here's what you should know
Unfortunately, we are unable to approve the application at
this time because:

o You have submitted multiple applications for credit.

We appreciate your interest and we hope to have the opportunity
to serve you in the future.

Sincerely,

R. M. Pick
Credit Operations Department

AmericanAirlines and AAdvantage are trademarks of
American Airlines, Inc.

NOTICE: The federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits
creditors from discriminating against credit applicants
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, marital status, age (provided the applicant has the
capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all
or part of the applicant's income derives from any public
assistance program; or because the applicant has in
good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit
Protection Act. The federal agency that administers
compliance with this law concerning this creditor is the
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Customer
Assistance Group, 1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450, Houston,
Texas 77010-9050.

The creditor is Citibank (South Dakota), N.A., 701 E.
60th St. N., Sioux Falls, SD 57104. Please direct any
questions to the Customer Service address below.

Privacy | Security
Email Preferences
Your credit card is issued by Citibank (South Dakota), N.A. If you'd like to refine the types of email messages you receive, or if you'd prefer to stop receiving email from us, please go to: http://www.email.citicards.com

Help / Contact Us
If you have questions about your account, please use our secure message center by signing on at www.citicards.com and choosing "Contact Us" from the "Help / Contact Us" menu. You can also call the customer service phone number on the back of your card.

© 2010 Citibank (South Dakota), N.A.
All rights reserved.
Citi, Citibank and Citi with Arc Design are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc. AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, AAdvantage with Scissor Eagle Design and Scissor Eagle Design are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.

Citibank Customer Service
P. O. Box 6500
Sioux Falls, SD 57117

201XXXXXXXXXXXXX

0/L0/AF500XXX1/001/ZZ/SY/ZP/8000/SYSTEMB /I20XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
OK...to those of you who have received one of these cards lately...a question...

I went to the big FT DO in Chicago, and got my applications in last week - for the 100K AA promo - applied for a business card for me - and a personal AA Amex for Mrs. Watchful - both were approved online - and I received the cards yesterday.

Now I am being a worry wart. I want to make sure the terms & conditions of the miles promo indeed apply. I used the link screen that is posted way back in post #1...so was basically assuming all was good. Am I in good shape, or is there some easy way to verify that I was signed up correctly. (I know - should probably just call - I just hate calling credit card companies - gag.)
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Watchful
OK...to those of you who have received one of these cards lately...a question...

I went to the big FT DO in Chicago, and got my applications in last week - for the 100K AA promo - applied for a business card for me - and a personal AA Amex for Mrs. Watchful - both were approved online - and I received the cards yesterday.

Now I am being a worry wart. I want to make sure the terms & conditions of the miles promo indeed apply. I used the link screen that is posted way back in post #1...so was basically assuming all was good. Am I in good shape, or is there some easy way to verify that I was signed up correctly. (I know - should probably just call - I just hate calling credit card companies - gag.)
Do not worry. Post one's link should be fine. And if you are also concerned as to whether you will receive the miles... This below is taken from page 180, post #2690, where I pasted in activity from my wife's new AA citi Visa for the 100k offer:

...I had also posted my real time experience with the promo whereas the Visa Card my wife got has already posted 50k of the miles because she spent over $750 right away...

10/15/10 CITICARD BONUS MILES 50,000
10/15/10 CITIBANK SIGNATURE CARD PURCH 5,009
Total Miles Posted 5,009 50,000 55,009
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Watchful

Just wanted to add another "do not worry". I used all of the links for my 2 75Ks and my wife's 2 75Ks and I just got my 100K biz card in yesterday. When calling up to activate I asked what promo was attached and they spouted otu the 50K/50K promo we all know and love from this thread
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: No preference
I think the info on slickdeals is a little bogus. The image showing the approval letter for the new 75k after $4k offer has the terms for the 75k after $1500 offer. Haven't seen any personal accounts of success with the new links on slick deals yet, regardless of the browser fixes they say Citi suggest.

Last edited by jcmitchell21; Nov 2, 2010 at 9:07 am
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
After following every post in this thread and assisting others as much as I could, I finally pulled the trigger on my apps ... approved instantly for 2 personals. Now i just hope these are real approvals and not the "we were just kidding, now I'm gonna kick you in the nuts with a denial" approvals. I have never had a CitiAA card.
Both cards arrived yesterday. Kinda shocked at how fast they came in (4 days).
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
Both cards arrived yesterday. Kinda shocked at how fast they came in (4 days).
Congrats!

And a big THANK YOU for all the works you have done for this thread!

I agree the link on SlickDeals looks suspicious - looks more and more like a doctored one from previous offer to just provide a landing page. If this is the case, what is the motive of the person(s) who has done this?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
Congrats!

And a big THANK YOU for all the works you have done for this thread!

I agree the link on SlickDeals looks suspicious - looks more and more like a doctored one from previous offer to just provide a landing page. If this is the case, what is the motive of the person(s) who has done this?
The link leads back to Citi - it's very possible the page is in development and not yet completed and ready for public consumption. Given that the application links don't actually lead to anything, it's pretty clear that there's no ulterior motive here.

Last edited by Stoughton; Nov 2, 2010 at 8:31 am
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Congrats jcmitchell21 ! Well deserved.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 0P, SPG Gold, Delta
Applied for Amex and Visa, Dinged on Amex and they lost my Visa App

I applied on the 30th for both personal cards. I heard back on the amex, apparently I don't have enough credit (even with what I assume is a good credit score) for them to approve me (Being responsible and having one card that you pay off apparently looks bad in their eyes). In addition, they lost my visa application entirely, they can't find it in the system. Boo CitiBank.

Anyone else have this happen to them?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
I have an AA MC from July (35k bonus) and applied for the personal amex and biz visa on 10/30. Got the rejection email on the amex Sunday (first-time cardholders only) and still waiting on the biz (got to step 5 with a reference #)
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:59 am

I received my personal AmEx and Visa 75k cards. My Visa card is interesting, however. Normally when you flip a credit card over, the "top" of the credit card is along the same edge on the front as it is on the back. However, everything on the back of this Visa card appears to be printed upside down. The magnetic strip is still located in the correct spot, though all the text on the back of the card is upside down. The "citi" logo on the back of the card appears upside down directly behind the "Visa" logo that appears on the front of the card. Even the flying bird hologram on the back is upside down.

Is this normal, or did they botch up my card when they made it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.