TD Ameritrade offer for AA miles - targeted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TD Ameritrade offer for AA miles - targeted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
ok, I see the promo in the first post and will send TD an internal email.
Thanks

Originally Posted by rrgg
Try sending TD a secure email asking if they'll give you the 25k for adding new money to your account.

Last edited by euromannn; Mar 22, 2011 at 2:56 pm
Old May 5, 2011, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by euromannn
ok, I see the promo in the first post and will send TD an internal email.
Thanks
So, have you? What did they say?
Old May 6, 2011, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The have a current bonus now that's pretty lame:

http://www.tdameritrade.com/specialoffer.html

I guess that should be the general URL going forward, since it's generic.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
The have a current bonus now that's pretty lame:

http://www.tdameritrade.com/specialoffer.html

I guess that should be the general URL going forward, since it's generic.
From what I see, both AA and Starwood offers are still valid untill June 30.
Old May 6, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA, BA
Originally Posted by mnscout
From what I see, both AA and Starwood offers are still valid untill June 30.
I hope so. I just deposited $20,000 into the AA promo offer. I hope to see the first half of my miles within 6-8 wks, as the T&C stated.

To get the 2nd half has everybody kept the full, 50k, 10k, 2.5k (whichever) for full 9 moth period? or did you move down to minimum requirements to have an account open and still receive the miles within 9 months?
Old May 12, 2011, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by cochino_BA
I hope so. I just deposited $20,000 into the AA promo offer. I hope to see the first half of my miles within 6-8 wks, as the T&C stated.

To get the 2nd half has everybody kept the full, 50k, 10k, 2.5k (whichever) for full 9 moth period? or did you move down to minimum requirements to have an account open and still receive the miles within 9 months?
I guess this thread is dead, BUT I wanted to update my status just in case ppl were still interested in this offer.

I opened my account for the AA promo on May 3rd. Transferred money on May 5th and I just got my the first half of the miles, 7.5k posted today.

I am debating whether leaving $10k for 9 months in TD is worth the other 7.5k. The extra cash would make the Fidelity AA promo take only a cpl of transfers.
Old May 12, 2011, 12:46 pm

Which offer did you get?

I got a verbal offer last week from TD for 50k AA miles for $100k to match Fidelity.

BTW- AA miles was considered the best for redemption. What is best between US vs DL?

DL just raised it's coach award international to 80k.

I guess this thread is dead, BUT I wanted to update my status just in case ppl were still interested in this offer.

I opened my account for the AA promo on May 3rd. Transferred money on May 5th and I just got my the first half of the miles, 7.5k posted today.

I am debating whether leaving $10k for 9 months in TD is worth the other 7.5k. The extra cash would make the Fidelity AA promo take only a cpl of transfers.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:09 pm

Which offer did you get?

I got a verbal offer last week from TD for 50k AA miles for $100k to match Fidelity.
I signed up for the initial deposit bonus for $10k=15k AA miles. Do you think I can get them to switch me over to your plan? haha.

Is that for an initial deposit of $100k or total deposits of $100k? and are you churning the cash like in the Fidelity offer?

Kudos to you on getting them to match.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by rayhurst
So now that I read that fine print, I wonder if these 2 offers would be mutually exclusive. The offer is available for NEW accounts as well as existing and the normal initial funding bonus offer is also for 25k miles for $50k deposit. So if I do the new account offer and get 25k for $50k, I wonder if I will be excluded from this new transfer offer. I guess the only way to know is to call or just do it.
What is the maximum you can put in?
Old May 12, 2011, 1:30 pm

TD Ameritarde concerns me.
Initially I was rejected for the AA offer.

then I stopped by the local branch and they later had the rep call me who verbally offered the 50k/$100k AA miles.

Since it's not in wriitng I won't be surprised if they back off the 50k A miles to a reduced number. Got to watch this company.

I would recommend stopping in your local branch and asking if they can upgrade you to a 50k/$100 similar to Fidelity.

I signed up for the initial deposit bonus for $10k=15k AA miles. Do you think I can get them to switch me over to your plan? haha.

Is that for an initial deposit of $100k or total deposits of $100k? and are you churning the cash like in the Fidelity offer?

Kudos to you on getting them to match.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:33 pm

Also. I just re-read the T&C to find out what is the "minimum funds" required and this is what I found:

Offer valid for new Individual or Joint accounts opened and funded by U.S. residents with $2,500 or more by 06/30/2011
and

Account must remain open with minimum funding required for participating in the offer for 9 months...To qualify for the second half, TD Ameritrade account must remain open with minimum funding required for participating in the offer for 6 months from the first posting date.

It states that the minimum funding is $2,500 and that it must remain open for 6 months from the date you first posted the initial deposit.

So it would seem that once you make the initial deposit and are credited the 1st half of the miles you can withdraw down to the minimum $2.5k and receive the 2nd half of your mileage in ~6 months.

I have just withdrawn down to $2.5k and according to the T&C in 6 Months from my initial deposit I will have the 2nd half.
Old May 13, 2011, 1:45 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
TD Ameritarde concerns me.
Initially I was rejected for the AA offer.

then I stopped by the local branch and they later had the rep call me who verbally offered the 50k/$100k AA miles.

Since it's not in wriitng I won't be surprised if they back off the 50k A miles to a reduced number. Got to watch this company.

I would recommend stopping in your local branch and asking if they can upgrade you to a 50k/$100 similar to Fidelity.
I'd have little confidence. Did they say they put notes in your account? Even if this guy is acting in good faith, how are you supposed to get the miles?
Old May 14, 2011, 7:34 pm

Also. I just re-read the T&C to find out what is the "minimum funds" required and this is what I found:

and

It states that the minimum funding is $2,500 and that it must remain open for 6 months from the date you first posted the initial deposit.

So it would seem that once you make the initial deposit and are credited the 1st half of the miles you can withdraw down to the minimum $2.5k and receive the 2nd half of your mileage in ~6 months.

I have just withdrawn down to $2.5k and according to the T&C in 6 Months from my initial deposit I will have the 2nd half.
If you end up withdrawing all but $2500 I would be interested in the result. Please keep us posted.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Can you get multiple miles/points as with Fidelity? If you got SPG points, can you apply for and get AA miles?
Old May 15, 2011, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond

I can't find the T&C on the offer page. Can u provide a link?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.