Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Delta 50000 skymiles + 4 skyclub passes credit card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:05 am

Programs: BA, AA, DA, UA, CO
Originally Posted by eloraculo
yes, put your skymiles and last name hit login and in the nest page change the 0 for a 1 at the end of the web addrress, and it will show you 50k. Not sure from there on if it will work, since I already have an amex card so I didn't apply.
This worked. Thanks

I also was on chat with them to confirm I am eligible for the full bonus since I already have the Business Delta Gold. And here is the answer:

Daniel: Since this will be your first personal delt with us, you would be eligible for the full bonus (if you had a personal delta in the past, you would only be eligible for the mileage difference). Your business card won't affect your personal one though
Me : That's sounds great
Me : Can I have a written confirmation for that rule please
Daniel: Unfortunately I'm not showing a written version to send to you, since we deal strictly with personal cards, our info is written with regards to other personal cards rather than for their relationship with ourbusiness cards. However I did check with my supervisors just to be sure, and they assured me that you would indeed be eligible.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by wise2u
you have to have the bills to take advantage of big spend offers like these...not many people will spend 10k in six months. So unless you usually spend $1500-$2000 a month on your CC's and can put all charges on your Amex for the next 6 months this offer is nothing more than a 25k offer with a tease.

your better off getting both the business and personal card at 30k and 2 passes each....you only have to spend 1k on each account and you get more miles
I underestimated the difficulty in spending 10k. Do you get the passes immediately or only after the spending requirement?

Wonder if I can call them and request to be changed to the 30k deal instead?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 1:58 pm

which bureau?

Has anyone checked which credit report is pulled for this?
Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 2:21 pm

i got a msg saying offer has expried. i never applied for any amex card ever
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: Food Lion MVP
Be prepared to fight for those 50k miles. I second the suggestion of doing personal 30k & business 30k with only 1,000 spend, yes you could spend 10k at the mint but most amex cards are approved for small credit lines to begin with such as 2,000
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by MYRflyer
Be prepared to fight for those 50k miles. I second the suggestion of doing personal 30k & business 30k with only 1,000 spend, yes you could spend 10k at the mint but most amex cards are approved for small credit lines to begin with such as 2,000
I'll probably just settle for the 25k and not spend the $10k. I'll try to get the business one for 30k after spending 1k. That will give me 55k miles for a trip to Europe, which will work out fine I guess.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:11 pm

what if u had a card and canceled in past?

i'm pretty sure i had this card before, but i entered my sky miles number and was able to get an application. even submitted it, and the lady told me everything looks fine. and to look out for email in 24-48 hrs.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: Outgrew all status except AA: Plat for life (the program's); Costco: Ex Plat
Originally Posted by txrandom
I just signed up by changing 0 to 1, and it worked fine although I use NoScript to block Javascript. So it's possible they were filtering out non-targeted users with Javascript. Either way, I just got approved.
What browser are you using?

I'm using Firefox 3.6.3, and the switcheroo didn't work for me.
No error, but just gave me Gold Skymiles app for 20K+10K miles.

Wouldn't you have to update the current page first by, say, reloading it?
Otherwise, I don't see how changing the current url affects the next one.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
I did mine in Camino (a Firefox knockoff on mac) and it worked for me.

Originally Posted by Bidkat

Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Bidkat

Download NoScript to block Javascript websites.
Clear all your cookies and sessions.
Go to website and put in your FF number and last name.
If it takes you to the 30k offer, change the number and hit enter.
Apply.

Also, something similar can be done if you want to get a personal and business card. Once you enter in your FF number and last name, it will say "You have already signed up for this offer!" Once again, just change the last part of the URL to "A1G.aspx" and carry on with your next application.

Make sure you are disabling Javascript or it probably won't work. Also, I'm assuming none of these loopholes have been corrected since I signed up for it.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: Too many to list
didnt work for me in opera nd IE
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: Outgrew all status except AA: Plat for life (the program's); Costco: Ex Plat
Originally Posted by wise2u
unless you usually spend $1500-$2000 a month on your CC's and can put all charges on your Amex for the next 6 months this offer is nothing more than a 25k offer with a tease.

your better off getting both the business and personal card at 30k and 2 passes each....you only have to spend 1k on each account and you get more miles
If it's such a worthless tease, how come they're guarding this offer like Fort Knox?

I agree getting biz and personal cards with no fee would be great, but what makes you think that would work? Don't think you can apply simultaneously. As soon as you apply for the first one and are approved, you are no longer eligible for the second as you are no longer a SkyMiles virgin.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
Can someone clarify the bonus specifics please.

"50k skymiles (15k of which count as MQMs)" = 50k regulard spendable skymiles + 15k MQMs OR = 35k symiles + 15k MQM ??
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Error now when changing A0G to A1G:

An unexpected error has occurred. The system administrator has been notified.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
Originally Posted by davedimes
Can someone clarify the bonus specifics please.

"50k skymiles (15k of which count as MQMs)" = 50k regulard spendable skymiles + 15k MQMs OR = 35k symiles + 15k MQM ??
Just in case anyone is curious... I called Amex and it ends up being 35k skymiles + 15k MQMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.