FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Amex Delta 50000 skymiles + 4 skyclub passes credit card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1074040-amex-delta-50000-skymiles-4-skyclub-passes-credit-card.html)

kcdude Apr 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Amex Delta 50000 skymiles + 4 skyclub passes credit card

Got this email today.
Here is a 50000 miles offer with 10K spending.
Says first time amex delta applicatns only.
Too bad, I had an amex delta before.

https://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/YSFJ9ZH3.aspx

Astrophsx Apr 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by kcdude (Post 13766081)
Got this email today.

Must be targeted, I'm getting 30k and 2 skyclub passes. Which is the same offer they had 6 months ago.

Still think the SPG Amex is better, 10k + 15k (after you hit spending) + 5k (bonus if transferring to airline) = 30k on any airline

One extra that is on the SPG card and not on the Delta card is the Return Protection benefit. If you buy something and the store won't accept it as a return they will refund you up to $300 if you send Amex the item within 90 days of purchasing. Not a huge benefit, but nice to have.

If you get offered the 50k it's up for debate if the skymiles are really worth it now.

necmergitur Apr 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks works for me!!! I plan on milking DL every way I can now that I have switched to *Alliance.

yuel Apr 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Wirelessly posted (LG-CU920/V1.0h Obigo/Q05A Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I dont its targeted it was on delta's homepage yesterday

philemer Apr 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by kcdude (Post 13766081)
Got this email today.

AMEX will usually give you the difference between your previous bonus and the current offer. As an example: my first AMEX/DELTA card netted me 10K miles. The 2nd one I applied for offered 15K miles. I was only given 5K.

Go for it.

kcdude Apr 14, 2010 6:55 am

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 13766315)
AMEX will usually give you the difference between your previous bonus and the current offer. As an example: my first AMEX/DELTA card netted me 10K miles. The 2nd one I applied for offered 15K miles. I was only given 5K.

Go for it.

Thanks. Good to know but I think I got pretty big one like 60K miles last time with certain spending.

kcdude Apr 14, 2010 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx (Post 13766268)
Must be targeted, I'm getting 30k and 2 skyclub passes. Which is the same offer they had 6 months ago.

Still think the SPG Amex is better, 10k + 15k (after you hit spending) + 5k (bonus if transferring to airline) = 30k on any airline

One extra that is on the SPG card and not on the Delta card is the Return Protection benefit. If you buy something and the store won't accept it as a return they will refund you up to $300 if you send Amex the item within 90 days of purchasing. Not a huge benefit, but nice to have.

If you get offered the 50k it's up for debate if the skymiles are really worth it now.

Others in my family got 30K offer and I got this 50K. But the link seams to be generic URL. Not sure if it is targetted or not though, like matching the skymiles number after the application.

learningtime Apr 14, 2010 6:59 am

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 13766315)

Go for it.

Do you call them to get the difference or do you apply online (like a new application)?
Thanks!

philemer Apr 14, 2010 7:45 am

Originally Posted by learningtime (Post 13767756)
Do you call them to get the difference or do you apply online (like a new application)?
Thanks!

You apply as normal and then, after you use the card, you 'may' have to call to get the add. miles. Mine never showed up so I had to call and fight for them. Amex is famous for this tactic. :(

Middle_Seat Apr 14, 2010 9:30 am

I entered my SM number and last name into the URL listed in the first post, and immediately got this message:
We're Sorry
Our records indicate that you have already applied for a Delta Skymiles credit card.
I believe that would have been for, at a maximum, 25K SkyMiles and several years ago. :(

thebat Apr 14, 2010 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat (Post 13769349)
I entered my SM number and last name into the URL listed in the first post, and immediately got this message:
We're Sorry
Our records indicate that you have already applied for a Delta Skymiles credit card.
I believe that would have been for, at a maximum, 25K SkyMiles and several years ago. :(

Me too.:(
But this whole thing also demonstrates the devaluation of Skymiles. Awards are very overpriced compared to just a year or two ago.

k2o Apr 14, 2010 11:18 am

odds of two?

Does anyone know what the adds are to apply and open two AM EX same day?
Reason I'm asking is I'd like to take advantage of the Delta's 50k offer AND the American Express® PremierRewards Gold Card
@ 25k rewards that Frugalguy posted.

I've never had either card...but last year was denied a Am Ex based on I have the 'limit' of 4 cards? (Don't remember which card I applied for but use SPG and Hilton monthly)
My credit score is close to 800, no issues with credit...ever! As these cards are both offered now, I'd like to get both (greedy, I know). :D
Any thoughts/experience on the possibility of two opening?

Astrophsx Apr 14, 2010 11:21 am

Originally Posted by k2o (Post 13770196)
Does anyone know what the adds are to apply and open two AM EX same day?
Reason I'm asking is I'd like to take advantage of the Delta's 50k offer AND the American Express® PremierRewards Gold Card
@ 25k rewards that Frugalguy posted.

I've never had either card...but last year was denied a Am Ex based on I have the 'limit' of 4 cards? (Don't remember which card I applied for but use SPG and Hilton monthly)
My credit score is close to 800, no issues with credit...ever! As these cards are both offered now, I'd like to get both (greedy, I know). :D
Any thoughts/experience on the possibility of two opening?

Why don't you call and ask? Do you still have the 4 cards?

k2o Apr 14, 2010 11:25 am

Yes, I'll still have the 4 cards. 2 are older cards that I don't want to close based on years open as it could affect the credit scores. Hilton and SPG I'm racking up the points for upcoming travel.

I was going to apply online for both. Would you suggest I call and apply over the phone or just inquire about opening both (didn't think I'd want to give a heads up) or if there's a 4 card max?

Eurosport Apr 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by k2o (Post 13770246)
Yes, I'll still have the 4 cards. 2 are older cards that I don't want to close based on years open as it could affect the credit scores. Hilton and SPG I'm racking up the points for upcoming travel.

I was going to apply online for both. Would you suggest I call and apply over the phone or just inquire about opening both (didn't think I'd want to give a heads up) or if there's a 4 card max?

mostlikely it'll actually improve your score not negatively affect it!
you do know even if closed they stay on your report for about 7+ years, plus when you open the new Amex accts, they'll be backdated as well helping your AoA ;)