Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I ordered FT luggage tags which now sit a mile away from my apartment at the local customs office. I got mail that I should come there with proof of purchase and CC printout.
The order confirmation only contained a short 'sent it via USPS First' but no price whatsoever. I guess it's going to be one of the fun moments when we open the envelope and pull out $4.50 worth of merchandise
My last shipment from the US also had a note attached that I should go there with proof of purchase... But they already delivered the stuff to me. Put me down as a no show
Old Jan 31, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
MS domestic is ^ ^ ^

I like the private bus transfer for biz-class passengers after arrival (and the inflight product is really not that bad).

Will fly CAI-Alexandria in two days.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:07 am
hch

Sitting in VIE in the Jet lounge now, which is the local contract lounge for everyone but OS/*A. Got in with my OS-sponsored Diners Club card (flying on HG). It's very impressive compared to the OS lounges. Lots of space, tables that you can use for working on a laptop, lots of free newspapers and magazines. Some small snaks and two different warm soups.

I think I'll use it instead of the OS lounges whenever I have to fly through VIE again.

Btw, the HG flight from INN to VIE was also quite impressive. A brand-new Airbus A319, that felt a lot roomier than the OS one I was on exactly a week ago - despite having three more rows of seats! Got real apple juice (take that OS ) and an almost edible sandwich. And lots of free newspapers and magazines even in Y (got a Seitenblicke to keep me uptodate even when not visiting the hairdresser).
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Sitting in the FRA A26 SEN lounge. Also lots of space as only very few people are actually here.

And the CA flight to PVG is delayed because of techical problems.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
So... has anyone tested out the new arrivals lounge yet? If so what is the overall opinion?
Well I tried it out this morning after coming in on LH779 from SIN. Having been in Y (at least 32C) I really wanted that shower and while I'm not that easily impressed I have to say that I find the Arrivals Lounge actually really well done.

Kudos to LH for making it actually a nice and pleasant experience. The lounge is in the B arrivals area all the way to the right. You enter and after checking your arrival BP and card (I had to show my SEN card as usual even though my BP said SEN and he really checked the flight number) they will ask you if you want to take a shower. They have an electronic reservation system for the 28 showers.

I headed into the lounge, turned left and down the stairs and you get into the reception area which is styled like a Spa. I got my dental kit and hopped into shower #7. Inside is a touch screen which shows your name and allows you to order the pressing service in case you want to use it. (free for F pax, HONs and SEN only IIRC). Quite cool.

Shower rooms are nicely done, warm colors, L'Occitane toiletries, great shower heads (rain shower) and no stupid limited water supply that shuts off every 30sec. Bit like FCL showers (I can only compare to the one above A26 - thanks to sentom ) though the rooms are a bit smaller.

The nifty part is that behind the mirror (above the sink) is a hanger where you place your items for pressing. Then order the service via touch screen and do your thing. The items can be retrieved from the outside and will be back by the time you are done. Very cool. Not sure how they would deal with 28 shirts and pants at the same time though.

Lounge was very quiet at 6:15am. After the shower I went back upstairs and tried out the buffett. I was expecting the same as in the SEN lounges but was pleasantly surprised. Decent scrambled eggs with chives, bacon, sausages, cold cuts, cheeses, yoguhrt, muesli & cereals, waffles (hot), selection of bread & rolls, plus fresh orange juice and some mixed coconut & banana & blueberry drink (all good ) which were a pleasant surprise. Booze is there too if you care for that in the morning. Overall I was very happy with it.

Time will tell how it will hold up if it gets crowded but for me if I can arrange it I will now not take the closest most immediate connection when passing trhough FRA but leave 2hrs or so to shower and get a decent breakfast after coming in from SE Asia (SIN ususally) and before heading to some place in Europe. This time I was going on to CDG and it was well worth the extra effort. Beats the socks of the SEN showers and the Y breakfast on board. If you can go to the FCL though then never mind. Hope this helps.

Some pics here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/569...p?vhost=travel
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by demue
Well I tried it out this morning after coming in on LH779 from SIN. Having been in Y (at least 32C) I really wanted that shower and while I'm not that easily impressed I have to say that I find the Arrivals Lounge actually really well done.

Kudos to LH for making it actually a nice and pleasant experience. The lounge is in the B arrivals area all the way to the right. You enter and after checking your arrival BP and card (I had to show my SEN card as usual even though my BP said SEN and he really checked the flight number) they will ask you if you want to take a shower. They have an electronic reservation system for the 28 showers.

I headed into the lounge, turned left and down the stairs and you get into the reception area which is styled like a Spa. I got my dental kit and hopped into shower #7. Inside is a touch screen which shows your name and allows you to order the pressing service in case you want to use it. (free for F pax, HONs and SEN only IIRC). Quite cool.

Shower rooms are nicely done, warm colors, L'Occitane toiletries, great shower heads (rain shower) and no stupid limited water supply that shuts off every 30sec. Bit like FCL showers (I can only compare to the one above A26 - thanks to sentom ) though the rooms are a bit smaller.

The nifty part is that behind the mirror (above the sink) is a hanger where you place your items for pressing. Then order the service via touch screen and do your thing. The items can be retrieved from the outside and will be back by the time you are done. Very cool. Not sure how they would deal with 28 shirts and pants at the same time though.

Lounge was very quiet at 6:15am. After the shower I went back upstairs and tried out the buffett. I was expecting the same as in the SEN lounges but was pleasantly surprised. Decent scrambled eggs with chives, bacon, sausages, cold cuts, cheeses, yoguhrt, muesli & cereals, waffles (hot), selection of bread & rolls, plus fresh orange juice and some mixed coconut & banana & blueberry drink (all good ) which were a pleasant surprise. Booze is there too if you care for that in the morning. Overall I was very happy with it.

Time will tell how it will hold up if it gets crowded but for me if I can arrange it I will now not take the closest most immediate connection when passing trhough FRA but leave 2hrs or so to shower and get a decent breakfast after coming in from SE Asia (SIN ususally) and before heading to some place in Europe. This time I was going on to CDG and it was well worth the extra effort. Beats the socks of the SEN showers and the Y breakfast on board. If you can go to the FCL though then never mind. Hope this helps.

Some pics here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/569...p?vhost=travel
Thanks for report and great pictures. Will give it a try later this month on my return from BKK. This is actually perfect for me as I can take a shower and then hop onto the ICE to DUS.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 5:22 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
I tried it too today, after arriving from my ATL flight. The good thing is, that there are a lot of showers. I liked it.^
Old Feb 2, 2009, 5:37 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by szg
I tried it too today, after arriving from my ATL flight. The good thing is, that there are a lot of showers. I liked it.^
Nice to hear!

I hope that this will take a load off the SEN lounges, as I used to use them as an arrival lounge, but could never get into a shower for hours...

Maybe it's also worth it to go through the immigration and security, even if transiting!

We do like to stay clean, don't we??!!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 5:38 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by szg
The good thing is, that there are a lot of showers. I liked it.^
The bad thing is that you missed the Superbowl party!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Nice to hear!

I hope that this will take a load off the SEN lounges, as I used to use them as an arrival lounge, but could never get into a shower for hours...

Maybe it's also worth it to go through the immigration and security, even if transiting!

We do like to stay clean, don't we??!!
If connecting non-schengen to schengen you must clear Passport Control and Security anyway IIRC, so there are no additional checks endured by visiting the arrivals lounge compared to what you would normally have to do to connect. Also, the security checkpoints in the check-in hall have priority lanes, while the connecting passenger's checkpoint in Pier B before the transfer tunnel does not.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:13 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andre1970
The bad thing is that you missed the Superbowl party!
The pilot informed us about the standing.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by szg
The pilot informed us about the standing.
How annoying on a redeye TATL. I usually would like to sleep and not be interrupted by meaningless announcements. Unless they tell me I should go for the last prayer, I appreciate them being quite...
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
How annoying on a redeye TATL. I usually would like to sleep and not be interrupted by meaningless announcements. Unless they tell me I should go for the last prayer, I appreciate them being quite...
Indeed .

That sounds more like UA or an Asian carrier where the duty free sales need to be heralded at any cost.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:49 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
Indeed .

That sounds more like UA or an Asian carrier where the duty free sales need to be heralded at any cost.
It was on an LH flight ! Maybe the pilot was an American guy
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks for the excellent report and photos! ^ They made me jealous.

I was also at FRA on Sunday but my flight didn't arrive until early afternoon so no Arrivals Lounge for me. After exploring parts of FRA I haven't seen before, I ended up in the SEN Lounge in B as usual. Fortunately no queue for the shower but no smoothie bar any more . Compared with the MUC SEN Lounge or the new FRA Arrivals Lounge, this SEN Lounge is becoming shabby with cramped showers and stupid water supply.

Can anyone remember if there are going to be better SEN lounges at FRA? If so, when?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.