Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Mileage run tomorrow from ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*

HI,

I am flying the following segments tomorrow

ORD-PHL-BOS-PHL-ORD -same day return - for $200 all included (4 segments)

I was upgraded for all of those segments except ORD to PHL. And as it happens I need one more segment anyway so I was wondering if I can do a "standby" and take an earlier flight that will go ORD-CLT-PHL so I can pick up one more segment and have it count ?

Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Too bad you couldn't make the Mileage Run Seminar in Phoenix Saturday at 10am. Would be nice, tempting? Can do a same day turn no problem.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:00 am
Original Poster

I would have liked to but dint see it on time. As it is I think I will keep silver by going segments not miles from ORD on US.

Originally Posted by schley
Too bad you couldn't make the Mileage Run Seminar in Phoenix Saturday at 10am. Would be nice, tempting? Can do a same day turn no problem.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:22 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by aterug
I would have liked to but dint see it on time. As it is I think I will keep silver by going segments not miles from ORD on US.
Ouch SEGMENTS on US Airways? Are you under the care of a physician? I'm sure you want Obama's health care plan to go through so you can get some coverage.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Check out Chicago to Albuquerque flights, found a great one this weekend
Old Sep 20, 2009, 6:55 am
Original Poster

chicago to Albuquerque

I actually found a same day return from ORD to ABQ on US Air for 144 all included for sat nov 7 through ITA. 4 segments or 3500 miles. I wonder if they will have meal service on the planes. They did not have anything to eat other than a snack basket of chips/biscuits for my run yday on any flight from ORD-PHL-BOS which kind of sucked.

Unless I can find cheaper segments on this, I will probably book this flight.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:02 pm

I wonder if they will have meal service on the planes.
negative...

...unless you get upgraded to first class
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Well I booked the flight and am doing the MR on nov 7. I hope I get upgraded and willpost back on what food they serve if any.

Originally Posted by chaschas
negative...

...unless you get upgraded to first class
Old Sep 30, 2009, 8:48 pm

what times are your flights?

even when i was only silver on US i always got upgraded on flights early in the morning.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I would not do the standby option you mentioned.

HI,

I am flying the following segments tomorrow

ORD-PHL-BOS-PHL-ORD -same day return - for $200 all included (4 segments)

I was upgraded for all of those segments except ORD to PHL. And as it happens I need one more segment anyway so I was wondering if I can do a "standby" and take an earlier flight that will go ORD-CLT-PHL so I can pick up one more segment and have it count ?

Thanks!
This will be on the start of the trip, so you will also need to standby CLT-PHL. What if you do not make it, you end up loosing the connection PHL-BOS. However, I would do the standby on the return part, PHL-XXX-ORD.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong I seem to recall on the mileage run seminar that with US, all you need is 7500 miles until years end for silver.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Well as it turned out, they would not let me 'ADD' a segment to my trip on standby. They were happy to route me on a more direct fare but to add a segment its a whole new ticket. So i woke up early for nothing..on the plus side I got upgraded every single segment (which except for the seats ) was nothing much to talk about!

Originally Posted by arollins
This will be on the start of the trip, so you will also need to standby CLT-PHL. What if you do not make it, you end up loosing the connection PHL-BOS. However, I would do the standby on the return part, PHL-XXX-ORD.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong I seem to recall on the mileage run seminar that with US, all you need is 7500 miles until years end for silver.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Booked ORD-PHL-BNA-CLT-ORD on USAir for $137 AI

same day return oct 31. exact same flight priced on USAir was $695 - had to go through expedia to get the cheaper fare as shown on ITA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.