Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

MR Help: IAD to anywhere Sep 30-Oct 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2009, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold

I've tried my hand at using some of the various tools (ITA, dream maps) and not coming up with anything useful, so I figured I'd toss a relatively easy set of constraints out there and see if anyone can help me.

I'll be on business travel in the DC area for a meeting morning of Sep 30. Would like to squeeze in a MR between about 3-4pm Sep 30 and 3-4pm Oct 1 (give or take another hour or two if absolutely needed). Preferred origin airport is IAD but I could make DCA or BWI work. Destination is irrelevant if I can make it there and back in about 24 hours. Red-eye ok if it's a long flight that I can (try to) sleep on.

Shooting for UA 1K. Current planned itins/bonuses thru end of year give me 73118. I have "Choices points" available to buy up to 5K EQM. That means I need to generate 21882 in "extra" travel. I'm thinking of splitting it into two MRs so this run should target around 11K-13K EQM. (5500-6500 BIS miles + DEQM promo). A little more is okay.

I'd target $400-ish as the max price I'd want to pay for the targeted 11K. Up to about $600 if someone can manage the entire 22K EQM.

Edit: Well, no thanks to any tools, I ended up stumbling on IAD-SFO-LAX-IAD for $250 and 10.4K miles. I'll just do it twice!

Last edited by AquaDyne; Sep 11, 2009 at 7:25 pm Reason: Solved
Old Sep 12, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Gold
You might find some help here:
http://www.farecompare.com/search/flyertalk.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.