FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

drluigi Jul 22, 2018 4:09 pm

Please help me become a valued member!

Hi! I know you guys are probably tired AF of explaining simple things to newbies who try to get tricks for free, I get that, so I'm asking for some help in order not to SUCKKKKKK at this....
I've read the entire thread (well that is not true) and tried to gather knowledge in order to find my own tricks, and not bother anyone else, but I clearly suck at this. I genuinely think I might be an idiot... I can't find anything! Tried reading the fare rules, tried ITAMATRIX, tried OTAs, nothing!!!!!!!!!!!
If it's not too much to ask, could someone point me to the most common reasons why a newbie would keep failing at this? Are there any old expired tricks that I could study (like case studies)? Any detailed guides on how to understand fare rules or something? Maybe that'll help. Honestly I don't want to ask for more help since I don't want to become a pain for you guys.... So any help will be greatly appreciated, and I'll try not to bug anyone until I can get my act together with this, and share something of value....

PS: I live in C4, so everything that I've tried so far is departing from C4 obviously :confused:

Thanks guys, sorry again!

FromORF2BDA Jul 25, 2018 11:34 am

Canidate Fare To Jburg

I'm seeing c1e-j burg for $579 but $25 base fares, * alliance. The end on end rules are pretty specific but maybe there is a way around them? I've tried adding fares in C6 and C4 without luck . Can I find what I need using ITA?

WingedWorldExplorer Jul 25, 2018 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by FromORF2BDA (Post 30012350)
I'm seeing c1e-j burg for $579 but $25 base fares, * alliance. The end on end rules are pretty specific but maybe there is a way around them? I've tried adding fares in C6 and C4 without luck . Can I find what I need using ITA?

"Luck" is Always a bad way to search.
Remember: Bad Input=Bad Output

A quality carrier will do amazing deal with 2 stop-overs, including Paris, while loosing $550.00 + in YQ for great price but 1X is difficult to fly.

davem4 Jul 26, 2018 3:36 am

Originally Posted by jorun (Post 29983489)
C2-C1-C6-C1-C2 537€ (stopover permitted)
easy FD for noobs

So available airlines hitting regions in that order: AA; DL; NZ; UA; CA

So no NZ as that is only UK.
Now flights to C6, only via YUL/LAX/SFO. So carriers with flights from these cities direct to C2.
UA: Paris/Zurich/Frankfurt/Munich v SFO to SYD/AKL (1150euro, 400 yq)
UA: LAX to SYD/MEL; however no direct flights from europe (only london)
DL: Paris/Amsterdam v LAX to SYD (1,500 with 300 yq)
AA: LAX to SYD; however no direct flights from europe (only london)
CA: Dublin/Zurich/Paris/Frankfurt v YVR to MEL/BNE/SYD (1240eur, with 480e yq for mainland, 1075 with 480 for DUB)

So .. since none of these work out there must be more than 2 legs each way? Where to even start narrowing down? And this is before finding a 3x that works (if it is a noob one).

xMartin Jul 26, 2018 4:05 am

Originally Posted by davem4 (Post 30014668)

Now flights to C6, only via YUL/LAX/SFO. So carriers with flights from these cities direct to C2.
CA: Dublin/Zurich/Paris/Frankfurt v YVR to MEL/BNE/SYD (1240eur, with 480e yq for mainland, 1075 with 480 for DUB)

So .. since none of these work out there must be more than 2 legs each way? Where to even start narrowing down? And this is before finding a 3x that works (if it is a noob one).

It is one of these airlines and one sentence of your post is important. Search on ITA! Later it is not so easy to price it on a OTA.

balou Jul 26, 2018 4:05 am

Originally Posted by davem4 (Post 30014668)

​​​​​​​I think this is not with a 3x, just with a common 1x.

davem4 Jul 26, 2018 4:13 am

Originally Posted by balou (Post 30014706)
I think this is not with a 3x, just with a common 1x.

However they only hit the YQ component right? So none of the ones I found can be it (since the base fares are all too high).

So it must be over?

xMartin Jul 26, 2018 4:17 am

Originally Posted by davem4 (Post 30014716)
However they only hit the YQ component right? So none of the ones I found can be it (since the base fares are all too high).

So it must be over?

no, look in september, october, november, february and march

seldomrfly Jul 26, 2018 4:23 am

Deleted.

davem4 Jul 26, 2018 4:29 am

Originally Posted by seldomrfly (Post 30014733)
----

Edited to remove quote and details.
The Euro sign threw me off at the start, but I have located the routing. Now looking for the dump.

Trying the old city pairs I remember (I was last looking at FD/trick back in the days of Brazil OTA's (for QF), the Kayak Currency mistakes for JQ flights).

Moving from C6 to C2 in two weeks. So finally in a region where there are actual frequent deals.

---

So, keep getting drawn back to this. I have gone back over a ton of UA deals from 2013-15 (and tried every combination of 1 and 3x on those routes). And played alot with things around EZE (if "noob dump" was a reference to "easy").

Unfortunately everything pushes the UA flights out to P class (although some of the 1x's i found in C3 do dump YQ by 1/3rd). When I try Airline UA; F bc=k in matrix I get nothing coming back :(

Stewen Jul 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Hey guys,

haven't been here for a long time. How do you cope with the new ITA constraint? :)

are there now some C2-C3 dumps active?

Stewen

bartas8891 Jul 29, 2018 1:03 pm

C3-C1e-C2 (stopover permitted ) 348ai 3x

davem4 Jul 30, 2018 6:27 am

Originally Posted by xMartin (Post 30014703)
It is one of these airlines and one sentence of your post is important. Search on ITA! Later it is not so easy to price it on a OTA.

EDIT: Cheers for the direction. Will focus on ITA / Powertools

WingedWorldExplorer Jul 30, 2018 4:31 pm

GONE: Error seems to have been corrected

My ticket got cancelled over night.

skunker Jul 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Looks like 1969 to me. ;)