Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Best MR Strategy? 22K EQM Needed for UA 1K from ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2008, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, American, Delta, Usairways, Southwest, Avis, Alamo, Hyatt, Marriot, Intercontinental

Hi All,

So, I made UA 1K for the first time in 2007. And, I must say, that I was spoiled by the customer service. The small courtesies/perks made my flying experiences just as pleasant as all the upgrades did. And, I'm hooked. I don't want to turn back.

So, adding up . . .
---my eqms already earned this year
---all my upcoming personal/biz trips through end of December
---5K EQM from Chase UA MP Visa (that I'll soon apply for)

. . . . I am looking at 78K this year. I would really like to hit the 100K mark meaning I need to find 22K before end of year.

Since I live in the midwest, transcontinental flights don't earn me as much as I'd like. And, I've been to Europe 3 times already this year (with one more trip pending). So, I'm trying to figure out best strategy for hitting my 22K EQMS.

As I see it, I could do:

A) 1 ORD-SIN or somewhere in Australia for 18-19K . . PLUS 1 ORD-MCO/MIA/FLL for about 2K .

B) 2 trips to western europe or hawaii PLUS 1 trip to California

C) 4 trips to Cali

Since I can only do long weekends (Fri-Sun or Mon) . . . and many of those dates are filled with holidays and existing trips planned . . . I am trying to figure out the best (and cheapest way to do this). My dream? spend less than $1K on this . . . but I think it's looking at least 50% higher in cost.

I'm reaching out to the FT fam to see if anyone has any other ideas about how I could achieve 22K in 2-3 trips and less than $1K?

Also, if you see any deals from ORD, please feel free to share the love.

But, otherwise, if you just have an opinion on what I'm trying to do. . . I'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions/lessons learned.

Thanks!
-jlr
Old Oct 6, 2008, 9:47 am

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Look into ORD-OGG and creative routings.

Halothane
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Think about ORD-West Coast-DXB and back - creative routings can get you 22K EQMs with fares less than $1500 and W (SWU upgradeable) booking class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.