Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

never see good CO MR deals....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

never see good CO MR deals....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2008, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Unhappy never see good CO MR deals....

i'm in CLL, but easily can do MR out of IAH or AUS.... never never see great MRs from here...

why oh why is CO not more competitive with pricing? just sayin'..
Old Sep 29, 2008, 6:21 pm

CO IMHO is a very conservative airline. They would prefer to sell all seats at a fair price, than sells some seats at a high price, and some seats at a lower price.

Thus you have to MR fares.

CO usually has one of the cheapest business fares (last minute, no saturday stay requirement fares around) compared to UA or NW
Old Sep 29, 2008, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
Originally Posted by carsonheim
i'm in CLL, but easily can do MR out of IAH or AUS.... never never see great MRs from here...

You need to keep things in perspective: you are in College Station! ^

Actually, I've been able to get a fairly low cost/mile from IAH to GUM, but that involves 4 digits for an MR.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
AUS - SEA or AUS - PDX.

Tomorrow I depart on aus-iah-pdx-iah-mco-iah-pdx-iah-aus. There were some really great fares PDX-MCO ($231 a/i) hence the run. I probably could have done better if I played with more flight combos. This will button up platinum for next year. Done and done.

I sometimes have good luck with SEA but the fares seem to have jumped lately.

I am notoriously bad at math but I think this nets me ($500 a/i) about .05 eqm and .023 rdm (with plat status) No, not fabulous but hey - I've been upgraded on everything but the last iah-aus leg.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by carsonheim

its not a lot of mileage, but i found PHX-AUS-PHX for about $120 all in, the other day. out and back on a sat. I only need 1700 more miles this year.

you get penalized leaving out of IAH. my same trip just to IAH was $500+. once i added the two IAH-AUS-IAH segment, it dropped almost $400.

if you leave from IAH try connecting through CLE oor EWR to a city that's not served from IAH. or always leave from AUS.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_70
AUS - SEA or AUS - PDX.

Tomorrow I depart on aus-iah-pdx-iah-mco-iah-pdx-iah-aus. There were some really great fares PDX-MCO ($231 a/i) hence the run. I probably could have done better if I played with more flight combos. This will button up platinum for next year. Done and done.

I sometimes have good luck with SEA but the fares seem to have jumped lately.

I am notoriously bad at math but I think this nets me ($500 a/i) about .05 eqm and .023 rdm (with plat status) No, not fabulous but hey - I've been upgraded on everything but the last iah-aus leg.
how many EQM's did that get you?

I got a trip on NW (only 50% EQM), but it came out to $.03 a mile at 148 AI. that will get me to where i need to be this year.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by meFIRST
CO IMHO is a very conservative airline. They would prefer to sell all seats at a fair price, than sells some seats at a high price, and some seats at a lower price.

Thus you have to MR fares.

CO usually has one of the cheapest business fares (last minute, no saturday stay requirement fares around) compared to UA or NW

Quite a few cheap fares (PHL-SMF, routing through Houston) for $217 A/I.
Nets you 5,868 miles. That's about 3.7 cents per mile. For me, it's worth it, as it's close enough to wine country.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
Also look for fares out of SAT. I found SAT-LAX for $231 a/i thru IAH
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by dlen111
how many EQM's did that get you?

I got a trip on NW (only 50% EQM), but it came out to $.03 a mile at 148 AI. that will get me to where i need to be this year.
About 10K eqm for the trip. 22K rdm. Looking at CO.com there were some other routings from PDX (through EWR, MIA, etc) that could have netted more miles - they also cost more at the time. I'm sure someone far better than I could have found a way to get them to price out as needed..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.