Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] ORD-LHR $327 a.i. (also ex-SFO, ex-LAX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] ORD-LHR $327 a.i. (also ex-SFO, ex-LAX)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:28 am

Logistics Question: If my friend booked ORD-IAD-LHR-ORD-IAD, and wants to start in IAD, as in, not take the ORD - IAD segment, will that cause trouble in the rest of the reservation? UA will not cancel an entire reservation because a passenger does not show up for one leg, correct?

This is different from the "throwing out the last segment and still receiving mileage credit issues" . . . . in this case, we're throwing out the first segment, because he lives in NYC, and getting to Washington is quicker and cheaper than a one-way to ORD. If he checks in online, I assume all should be well . . . . . or, would they give away his seat in IAD, with the assumption that he will not arrive?

Gracias, and congrats to all who have grabbed this prize!!!!!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:28 am

I just swiped up a ORD - IAD - LHR - IAD - ORD for late March 2009.

Airline Ticket Cost: $48.00
Airline Ticket Taxes & Fees: $175.68 Bonus: No Priceline Booking Fee
Number of Tickets: 1
Airline Ticket Shipping & Handling: $0.00 (Electronic Ticket)
Airfare Subtotal: $223.68
Total Trip Cost: $223.68

Now just waiting for my ticket numbers

THANKS OP!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by PanHam
Logistics Question: If someone booked ORD-IAD-LHR-ORD-IAD, and wants to start in IAD, as in, not take the ORD - IAD segment, will that cause trouble in the rest of the reservation? UA will not cancel an entire reservation because a passenger does not show up for one leg, correct?

This is different from the "throwing out the last segment and still receiving mileage credit issues" . . . . in this case, we're throwing out the first segment, because he lives in NYC, and getting to Washington is quicker and cheaper than a one-way to ORD.

If you don't take the first leg of your flight, your entire reservation will be cancelled.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
Originally Posted by PanHam
Logistics Question: If someone booked ORD-IAD-LHR-ORD-IAD, and wants to start in IAD, as in, not take the ORD - IAD segment, will that cause trouble in the rest of the reservation? UA will not cancel an entire reservation because a passenger does not show up for one leg, correct?

This is different from the "throwing out the last segment and still receiving mileage credit issues" . . . . in this case, we're throwing out the first segment, because he lives in NYC, and getting to Washington is quicker and cheaper than a one-way to ORD.

[edit] What my esteemed colleague directly above this post said.

Last edited by gopherblue; Sep 9, 2008 at 11:30 am Reason: Already answered.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tclin
Incorrect. These are booking classes on YOUR itinerary. Not for everyone. It depends on the dates, flights, availability etc. Seeing current BD fares (CHI-LON), W, V, Q, H ... all are possible.

Tclin, I didn't think I was going to get dinged on my grammar -- I'll be more careful next time. What I was trying to articulate was: "These can definitely book into V/W." i.e. I was merely pointing out that it was possible.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
NM - answered above.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mechteach
I know - today is probably my busiest day all month, tons to do, and where am I? Alternately between reading a proposal and refreshing the MR page to see if there are any new developments.
Me too! My VP just walked by my desk and told me he needs my help on a huge fire drill! Thank god for ALT-TAB!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:42 am

Programs: (almost) everything!
Originally Posted by kneemuh
Tclin, I didn't think I was going to get dinged on my grammar -- I'll be more careful next time. What I was trying to articulate was: "These can definitely book into V/W." i.e. I was merely pointing out that it was possible.
I am sorry if my writing sounded rude. What I wanted say is there were some possibilities. If you paid mid-$250, then you are definitely booked in W/V class. As the thread title indicates, the OP did not pay the lowest, so possibly he/she got higher fare class(es).
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:43 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Folks, if you're contemplating jumping in on this deal, you better do it soon. It just got released outside FT, so you can assume someone will call PL/UA/BMI/etc very soon....

http://bestrateguarantee.blogspot.co...go-london.html

The FlyerTalk community has enough trouble keeping something under wraps, let alone the general populace.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
Anyway, I got the daylight flight out IAD to LHR, that should help me with the jetlag ORD-IAD-LHR-LAX for $248.18. Now I need to find a cheap LAX-ORD one way.... hmmm!
Good luck

223$ on UA was the minimum I found.

How do you manage the daylight flight ? All departures are way to early to make it on time with you connection if you want to arrive on the same day.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:46 am

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Originally Posted by hobo13
Folks, if you're contemplating jumping in on this deal, you better do it soon. It just got released outside FT, so you can assume someone will call PL/UA/BMI/etc very soon....

http://bestrateguarantee.blogspot.co...go-london.html
Here come the n00bs.

Also: If your return leg from LHR is LHR - IAD - ORD, consider that flights to your "final destination" (i.e. LAX) might be cheaper out of IAD than ORD. Specifically, maybe you want to skip out of the IAD - ORD on the return in favor of another ticket ... seeing as you MUST claim your bags at customs / immigration ...
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
Just booked! In case something disastrous happens, is there a 24-hour free cancellation policy on Priceline? Don't worry, I'd wait until the last minute to call, and hopefully it won't come to that.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:53 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Wish I had some way to use this and I'm still seeing a lot of availability (perhaps gone soon). But being based in RDU, there's no way I can make this work $ wise given the cost of getting to/from ORD and/or IAD. Oh well, maybe next time. Thanks OP!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: TK Elite
Does anyone has an idea how to fly from Germany to ORD cheap to be part in this offer?

Kind regards
cimber
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
Alright, sort-of newbie here, quick question-

Question- I found fares and dates to work for me but I was wondering about what happens if there is a misconnect on either end. We all know how crazy ORD can get, especially with weather related issues, and I wouldnt want to miss the IAD connection to LHR or vice-versa. Any thoughts?

Also, these late flights to LHR are the ones where food service was recently pulled, correct? For this price I think I can bring a sandwich!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.