Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) AA: BOS-LAX RT $132++ NEXT weekend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

$152 a/i. (Net SAAver going out 9/6.)

Also, BOS-SFO $142++ RT.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Firewind

Also, BOS-SFO $142++ RT.
Reverse direction available ?

Grr I'm off to FRA already this weekend
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Red face

Only listed ex-BOS, sorry to say...
Old Aug 26, 2008, 5:22 am

If you click through on the deal, suddenly you're presented with the fact that the fare (for both BOS-LAX and BOS-SFO) has jumped to $299! Plus $21 taxes & fees == $320 all-in.

Showing as a QE7NAA3N fare code.

Not quite the bargain it was presented as being by AA, but still cheap for coast-to-coast in this day and age, I guess.

Maybe Firewind got one of the two tickets they actually had for $153
Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Riot_Nrrrd
Maybe Firewind got one of the two tickets they actually had for $153
I bet that's the case - it's listed in the NetSAAver E-mail as $132, so there had to be some frame of reference for the ai cost.

On a side note - is it bad when I open the E-mail and immediately think "mistake fare" and "has to be already gone"?
Old Aug 26, 2008, 8:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold
On the AA.com site:

• Please note this mornings Net SAAver email inadvertently contained incorrect fare information. We apologize for this error. The correct fares are listed on the Net SAAver page on AA.com.

sure enough - it as the BOS->LAX fare
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Wonder how AA is getting away with pulling these fares. I'm not sure that the "sorry, we goofed" argument and notice on their website holds water with regards to advertised sale fares. This is a different issue than the unadvertised mistake fares or "slams" that we know and love on the MR forum. Most of the legacy carriers are part of a DOJ consent decree that can get them in serious hot water with DOJ for playing games with advertised sale fares (i.e. advertising discount fares when sufficient inventory is not available, "signaling" price actions to competitors, etc.)
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Firewind

Also, BOS-SFO $142++ RT.
The email w/the fares clearly notes that these fares are one way - not round trip.... and (as has been already noted in previous posts and on aa.com) the email had incorrect fares.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus (Premier Exec)
Originally Posted by bdemaria
The email w/the fares clearly notes that these fares are one way - not round trip.... and (as has been already noted in previous posts and on aa.com) the email had incorrect fares.
bdemaria: Perhaps we received different emails? The email I received showed BOS-LAX for $132 and said very clearly "Fares displayed are for round-trip coach class travel."
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Dole
The email I received showed BOS-LAX for $132 and said very clearly "Fares displayed are for round-trip coach class travel."
Just double-checked my e-mail from AA and mine too very clearly states that "Fares displayed are for round-trip coach class travel."

So I maintain my original argument that putting a note on your website apologizing for a mistake may not cut it when it comes to avoiding penalties from DOJ for advertising a fare that doesn't exist or doesn't have sufficient inventory available.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 2:01 pm

Shortly after 10:30 AM PDT today I received a followup e-mail from AA that said the fares were incorrect and that the e-mail contained the corrected fares - with the BOS-LAX/SFO routes "correctly" showing $299 instead of $132.

Dear Riot_Nrrrd,

This is your updated travel savings bulletin for August 26, 2008. Please note that this morning’s Net SAAver Fares® email inadvertently contained incorrect fare information. We apologize for this error and any inconvenience this may have caused. The correct fares are listed below.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 8:27 am

Side note-- I rarely see BOS as an originating city in netsaaver fares, so I've given up on them a little. Is it just me?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 11:36 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I've started to see BOS a lot less now. I tend to look for BOS-LAX or SFO, which used to come around at $199++, but now I'm lucky to even see it for $299++ (Ahh, the good ole days.)

I am noticing more fares to STL or ORD, but still not very cheap (compared to "normal", non-NetSAAver fares).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.